Move, Copy or Delete Disk Files
This section contains information on how to move, copy or delete files on your computer. It is always preferable to manage your disk files from within the program, so that the links between the actual files and the information about those files (playlists, statistics) remain intact.
Move or Copy Disk Files
To move or copy disk files:
- Select the file(s) you want to move or copy.
- Right click and select Library Tools > Move/Copy Disk File.
- Type in the path, or browse to it.
- Select either the Move or the Copy button.
Delete Disk Files
Select the file(s) you want to delete then take one of these four actions:
|Menu bar||Edit > Delete|
When asked, select either
- Remove from Media Library and send to the Recycle Bin; or
- Remove from Media Library and permanently delete from disk.
If you are in a Playlist and want to delete some files both from the Playlist and from the drive, press Shift+Delete after selecting your files.
Warning: You will lose all database information, including Playlist affiliation and file statistics.