MC has five primary View Modes, which change the overall look and operation of Media Center for different uses. These are:
- Standard View - the primary user interface designed for use on a desktop computer
- Mini View - this is a small-sized interface designed to be used while doing other work on the computer.
- Theater View - the interface designed for use from a large-screen and remote, such as with a Home Theater PC.
- Display View - this is the full-screen playback mode of Media Center.
- Cover View - this is a full-screen version of Standard View, without any additional window chrome.