Media Center supports the ability to swap language files, displaying menu items and user interface text in different languages.
Language files are created by and provided by users. JRiver is not responsible for any of these translations.
To view Media Center in a different language, go to:
- Tools > Language
Customizing Language Files
If you would like to contribute a language file:
- Open the Media Center installation directory on disk (typically in C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20
- Open the following folders within the installation directory: \Data\Languages\English
- Make a copy of the file English.txt.
- Open the copy with a Text Editor that is capable of saving in Unicode.
- Follow the instructions in the text file.
You may have to restart the program to apply your new language file. To uninstall, just delete the file. If the file isn't there, MC reverts to English.
- Please Note: Backup your file somewhere else on your computer. This file will be overwritten whenever you re-install Media Center.
- Setting Language To English: If you accidentally set the language to a something you don't speak, you can reset it back to English by following these instructions.