Edit Search Expressions
- Deprecated: This content has been deprecated as of current versions and may no longer be valid. Please refer to Interact for additional details.
To edit a search expression, click on the search bar or the smartlist bar that appears when you select a smartlist in the tree, and do one of the following:
To clear all of the current expressions:
- Right click on any blank space within the search bar or Smartlist bar and select Clear; or
- Click anywhere in the search bar or Smartlist bar and press Shift + Escape.
To clear the value of the current expression (for example, change from "Artist=Bob Dylan" to "Artist=John Denver"):
- Point the mouse over the expression you want to modify
- Click on it and select Edit with Wizard, or Edit by Typing.
If the Wizard list does not show all expected values, uncheck "Only show items that match other search criteria" in the Wizard, where applicable. For example, if your entire search criteria is "Artist=Dean Martin" "Genre=Jazz" and you want to modify the Genre, the wizard may show "Jazz" as the only available genre, if this item is checked. That would be because all of your Dean Martin files are assigned to the Jazz genre. Unchecking it will then show all genres in your database.
To remove one of the search expressions
- Hover the mouse over the expression you want to remove
- Right click and select "Remove".
To add a new search expression
- Select the arrow in the search bar and add a new rule (select from the list or select More Fields for more options
To copy/paste an entire search expression
- Click on the arrow in the search bar or smartlist bar
- Select Edit > Copy
- Go to the new search bar or smartlist bar
- Select Edit > Paste