The program comes with a number of pre-created Smartlists. These fall into two groups:
- Built-In Smartlists
- Stock Smartlists (examples)
The built-in Smartlists are automatically generated. These are located in the root of Playlists in the Tree:
- Top Hits: This Smartlist tracks the 100 files that have been played most often. You can edit the smartlist's search criteria by clicking on the smartlist once, and editing the fields in the smartlist bar above the list.
- Recently Played: This Smartlist tracks the last 100 files to be played. That number can be changed by clicking on the smartlist once, and editing the fields in the smartlist bar above the list.
- Recently Imported: This Smartlist is automatically generated when you import files. It will be deleted when you exit the program but will be recreated again on the next import. If you want to keep the smartlist, go to Tools > Options > General > Advanced and uncheck "Clear 'Recently Imported' playlist on exit".
- Recently Ripped: This Smartlist is automatically created whenever you rip a CD. It will be removed when you exit the program
If you are missing the stock smartlists, you can recreate them by:
- Right-click on Playlists in the Tree
- Select "Create Stock Smartlists"
This creates a Smartlist folder under Playlists in the tree, in which you will find the stock Smartlists. Media Center includes a huge set of default Smartlists including:
- 4 or 5 Stars
- 100 Random Songs
- [Media Type]=[audio] ~n=100
- Imported This Month
- [Date Imported]=<31d ~sort=[date imported]-d
- Missing Cover Art
- [Media Type]=[audio] [Image File]=
- Not Recently Played
- [Media Type]=[audio] [Last Played]=>31d
- Podcasts By Date
- -[Feed URL]= ~sort=[date],[artist],[album]
- Small Images & Videos
- [Media Type]=[image],[video] [Width]=<320 [Height]=<240