Compatibility Mode Problems
- further information: Troubleshooting Guide
Modern versions of JRiver Media Center fully support the latest OS versions from Microsoft, including Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
Please do not enable any compatibility layers when installing or running the program. You also should not manually run the application "As Administrator" or require any other special way to launch the application.
Program Fails To Run When Installed With Compatibility Mode
If the program is installed with compatibility mode enabled, it may fail to run reporting:
- Media Center was installed for a different operating system. Please reinstall.
You can fix this problem by following these steps:
If the compatibility mode was enabled when installing the software, you can typically simply:
- Go to Start > All Programs > JRiver > Media Center <Version Number> and find the icon for Media Center.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, disable "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
- Click OK.
If Option 1 doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Media Center. When you uninstall, be sure to uncheck the option to remove Registry Settings, in order to preserve your existing settings.
You may also be able to address this issue via the registry. This method is appropriate for Experts Only!
- Run regedit.exe
- Navigate to:
- 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\J. River\Media Core\Installations\Media Center 19
- 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\J. River\Media Core\Installations\Media Center 19
- Note: if you have a product other than Media Center 16, select that product instead under Installations)
- Change the value 'OS Version' on the right to the version that matches your copy of Windows:
- Windows XP: 7
- Windows Vista: 9
- Windows 7: 10