Sharing a media library with multiple users on a home network (LAN)
Media Center 12 can share a media library with any number of Media Center clients on a home network.
Below is a simple example of how to configure this on your home network:
- Place all of your media in a single folder, let's say "D:\Media\"
- Share this folder on your network
- Map the shared folder "Media" as a drive on all the machines, let's say "M:\"
- Use Media Center Menu > File > Library > Library Manager to add a new library, let's say "Media Drive" at the location "M:\Media Center Library"
- Switch to this new library and import all the media on "M:\"
- On each client on the network, use Library Manager to add a library pointing to "M:\Media Center Library"
- Enjoy the media!
Remember that only one client can have read/write access to the library at any give time. The second, third, etc. client in will get read-only access.