Difference between revisions of "Restoring a License"
m (Protected "Restoring a License": Only Jim should be allowed to alter this page. ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 17:14, 11 May 2018
Registration Codes are permanent licenses. This is the code that you receive via email from buy-button at jriver, when you purchase Media Center.
- If you lost yours, you can retrieve it by using option #2 on the Restore Page. You will receive mail from buy-button at jriver.
- You can also change your e-mail address on that page.
- The Registration Code is used to generate an Install Key, that you use to activate your License on a particular copy of MC. This process is called a Restore (see below).
Version is important.
- Your license must match the installed version of MC and platform.
- Windows, Linux, and Mac licenses are separate, as are major versions (MC18 vs. MC19, for example).
- Older versions are available to download.
- Other sites may not be trustworthy.
Restore a license by using your Registration Code on the Restore Page.
- In MC18 and above, this can be done from within the program, under Help > Install License, or within the startup dialog shown by the trial.
- You must have the correct version of MC installed first.
The Install Key is a temporary, portable license file(.mjr file type), generated when you restore.
- The Install Key is how you actually apply your license to a particular copy of MC.
- When you Restore, the Install Key is automatically applied to any copy of MC on the computer used to perform the Restore.
- It is emailed to you upon successful registration, and whenever you Restore. Look for mail from buy-button at jriver.
- During a Restore, you can also save it from within the browser window.
- This Install Key file can be used to license MC on your other PCs (within reason). To do so, execute the Install Key by double clicking on it from Windows Explorer or the Finder. Mac and Linux licenses won't work on Windows and Windows licenses won't work on Mac or Linux.
- You must have the correct version of MC installed first. Your license must be for the correct OS type (Windows, Mac or Linux).
Each Install Key (mjr file) is good for 14 days.
- After that, you must Restore again.
- Using the Install Key does not use a restore.
You can Restore your license, and generate another Install Key up to ten times per rolling calendar year.
- If you use all your restores, please post on the forum. We can reset the count, but this won't be done unless you have run out.
- Use Copy and Paste to enter your Registration Code, to avoid mistakes.
- Browsers can sometimes cause problems. For example, when you download the Install Key, Opera renames the .mjr extension to .exe and this will not work. Try another browser if you have trouble with the mjr file. IE and Chrome are reliable.
- When you copy and paste, make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces in the Registration Code.
- You can view the license status under Help > Registration Info.
- Make sure that the version and OS of the license and the version of the installed program match. You cannot use an MC18 license with MC19, for example, nor a Windows license on a Mac.
- Verify that your system date is set correctly.
More information can be found on the Purchase Page.