Release Notes MC30 Mac
1. Fixed: When playing a TV channel using Transport Stream time-shifting (the new time-shifting), the OSD program info text stayed forever unless another OSD came along to replace it..
2. Changed: The position slider is smooth at the end of a track instead of jumping to a slightly different position and moving less smooth.
3. Changed: "Legacy method" (as referring to program stream time-shifting method) is renamed "original method".
4. Changed: The skin name hash is stored along with the view header images so changing skins will not require a restart for custom artwork to populate.
5. NEW: View header images can be customized by the skin (Image > ViewHeaderDrivesDevices, ViewHeaderServicesPlugins, ViewHeaderDownload, ViewHeaderPlaylist, ViewHeaderPodcast, ViewHeaderDLNA, ViewHeaderExplorer, ViewHeaderScheduler, ViewHeaderWebMedia, ViewHeaderHandheld, ViewHeaderCD, ViewHeaderLibrary, ViewHeaderLibraryInactive, ViewHeaderReporter, ViewHeaderTelevision).
6. NEW: The transport stream time-shifting method is now also optionally available for OpenCABLE and Sat>IP TV devices.
7. Fixed: The extra channels selection could unintentionally grow when picking other settings.
8. Fixed: Playing audio with more then 8 channels could result in extra channels being silenced if the output would not exactly match (now channel are copied as there is space, and then cut off).
9. Fixed: A lot of reworking of the Mac CD ripping system to make it more reliable. Needs feedback.
10. Changed: Disabled the window level changing code for now. Going to try a different approach.
11. Fixed: Put a time limit on the event wait for exiting full screen mode.
12. Fixed: Perhaps fixed an issue with the menu bar not showing after exiting full screen mode on Ventura.
1. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
2. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly. Now it changes the visible files.
3. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
4. Fixed: Windowing issues with DSP studio and standard and display view.
1. Changed: Removed TV option "Save on stop" since it has not been implemented.
2. Changed: Removed TV option "Start analog devices in time-shifting mode" since analog tuners are not supported on Mac.
3. Changed: Removed TV option "Start digital devices (including CableCARD devices) in time-shifting mode" since TV always starts in time-shifting mode on Mac.
4. Fixed: Another change to window stacking that fixes issues with Theater View and Display View.
5. Fixed: The restart option (launcher path) for the restart icon.
6. Fixed: More changes to popups, window layering and display and theater view window initial display.
7. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
8. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly. Now it changes the visible files.
9. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
10. Changed: Pulled in the Modern Cards Dark updated frame borders from Marko (thanks!).
11. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
12. Changed: Play Doctor does not play a local file first when Include Files From Cloudplay option is set to 100%.
13. Fixed: Play Doctor would fail to get any Cloudplay files in some circumstances.
1. Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
2. Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not. Affected the one time library update in Mac versions >30.0.25. If you were affected by this you can restore from a backup (with thumbnails) or rebuild your thumbnails.
1. Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
2. Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use "LIST" skin background colors.
3. Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
4. Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
5. Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
6. Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
7. Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. Fixed: Skins with BorderResizeForText set could get a strange titlebar text.
10. Fixed: Mixing 7.1 to 5.1 with two extra channels would result in the rear channels missing.
11. Fixed: Fullscreen mode in MacOS 13.0 (Ventura).
12. Changed: Popup windows forced above the UI so they cannot be hidden when the UI is clicked on.
1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
2. Changed: Updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin some more (thanks HPBEME).
3. Fixed: The rating field could require more space to draw on the right than needed.
4. Changed: Clicking a link on the streaming page will go to the page even if you have that page off so it doesn't show in the tree.
5. Changed: Spotlight hides blue focus rectangle on page load.
6. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows uses the TMDB ID for lookup if tag is set.
7. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows also tries leading 0 to search for matching seasons and episodes in the library (e.g. "01").
8. Changed: Added a timer to the SSDP utility to indicate how much time is remaining in the scan.
9. Changed: Hide Spotlight button in Files list header.
10. NEW: Linux and Mac clients can play live TV with digital TV tuners (bda) on a Windows server.
11. NEW: IMPORTANT: The database is automatically switched to using pre-composed UTF8 on first run of this build! This solves longstanding issues with diacritical characters. Don't use the database which this version updates on a previous build unless you turn off auto-import or you'll get duplicates in your database.
12. Changed: Ventura breaks the fullscreen API MC uses so MC will not go to fullscreen on Ventura and above on this build (solves white screen issues). We hope to fix this in Ventura in a future build.
13. NEW: The library tool "Clean File Properties..." adds a function to convert decomposed utf-8 in tags to precomposed utf-8. This should only need to be use to clean up NAME tags when a file was originally imported without tags (which means the original NAME tag was built from the decomposed filename).
1. Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
2. Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
3. Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
4. Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
5. Fixed: Using the new deinterlacing mode in JRVR would disrupt seeking in the video.
6. Changed: Updated Hungarian translation (thanks Gyula).
7. Changed: Minor visual tweaks to the main Streaming page.
8. Changed: Updated the new features link in the help menu for v30.
9. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
10. Changed: Clouplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
11. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
12. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
13. Fixed: Spotlight related artist link wasn't working.
1. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
2. Changed: Clouplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
3. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
4. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
5. Changed: Vertically compress Artist Spotlight so it is more likely to fit on one page.
6. NEW: GPU compute accelerated shader deinterlacing in JRVR (based on the YADIF algorithm).
7. Fixed: ListCombine mode 2 was not trimming spaces when it built the list.
8. NEW: Added a mode 3 to ListCombine that's A - B.
9. Fixed: Another issue with decomposed filenames and name tag generation on import.
1. Fixed: WavPack files played from a library server could incorrectly assume there was a correction file.
2. Fixed: When WavPack found a correction file, it would incorrectly clear the flags about how to open the file.
3. Fixed: Missing wavpack content and mimetypes prevented pushing a wavpack to DLNA renderer.
4. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.5.
5. Fixed: Related Artists in Spotlight were not being retrieved.
6. Changed: When a file is imported without a name in the tags, a name will be generated from a precomposed version of the filename as opposed to the previous behavior generated from decomposed string.
1. Fixed: Pasting strings from the clipboard containing diacritical characters (like ü) into MC wouldn't work properly if the strings were decomposed utf-8.
2. Changed: Updated video rendering engine for JRVR.
1. Fixed: Wiki web link was opening an image instead of the main article.
2. Changed: The time-shifting file for playback of a DMS channel will have the extension of .jrts instead of .dat.
3. Fixed: Clearing the search box could cause the active tab to shift in some cases as the search box took focus.
4. NEW: Added another mode to ListCombine(...) expression function to allow outputting only values not common to both lists.
5. Changed: Updated Norwegian translation (thanks Øistein Rian).
6. Changed: The SSDP utility will clear the current list of devices and get a fresh list on a rescan.
7. Changed: The device list in the SSDP utility is now sorted alphabetically.
8. Fixed: The SSDP utility could crash while scanning in some rare cases.
9. Changed: The filter box for toolbars accepts a leading "-" so "-playlist" will hide all the playlists.
10. Fixed: Copying and installing of saved Thumbnails when restoring a library backup.
11. Changed: Added a note after the VST buffer size setting that a restart is required.
12. Changed: Made the MakeMKV title selection dialog a bit wider to better handle longer title names.
13. Fixed: The title output filename edit box in the MakeMKV title selection dialog would lose focus while editing in some cases.
14. Fixed: MakeMKV could fail while ripping and the error would not get reported to the user.
15. Fixed: The JRVR shader cache could be corrupted when using MediaCenter for video playback.
16. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
17. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
18. Changed: Five seconds of silence is pushed through VST plugins on flush.
19. Changed: Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
20. Changed: Cloudplay home page, some minor tweaks to recent playlists display.
1. Changed: Renamed DVBC frequency table file from "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glentevejens" to "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glenten", and a frequency entry in the file was updated. Thanks ABA!
2. Changed: When getting Theater View backdrop images (for movies and TV series) from TheMovieDB, we will attempt to use only the images that are tagged with the language code that matches the default local language. If that fails we will fall back to any language.
3. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search only returns a failure if no matching files are found with the "play" action, otherwise an empty list.
4. Changed: When searching for cover art, if art is found named [Filename] - [Poster] it will be used (so Titanic - Poster.jpg will work for the movie Titanic.mkv).
5. NEW: Added the ability to clean accents (replace Á with A, etc.) to the Clean(...) expression (thanks to blgentry for the help).
6. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
7. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
8. Fixed: Potential fix for a rare crash in Theater View on audio track changes.
9. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.90.
10. Fixed: HEIF images from library servers could not be opened.
11. Fixed: Video thumbnails were not always being rotated properly for portrait-style videos.
12. Fixed: When starting a DMS TV channel, the volume was not set smoothly (often set in two stage, first the full volume, then the correct volume).
13. Changed: Cloudplay pages in MC now support "back" navigation.
14. Fixed: Menu buttons on Cloudplay pages wrap without getting cut off (always shown, no longer collapse).
15. Fixed: Fonts could get cached after DPI/size changes, resulting in the wrong size.
16. NEW: Added an experimental option to enable per-monitor DPI scaling.
17. Changed: More tuning of the smooth progress bar.
18. Fixed: Ctrl+R (JRVR reset) did not work in all types of live TV playback.
19. NEW: JRVR performance profiles can now be selected in the JRVR General settings.
20. Changed: Adjusted the progress bar at track endings a little more.
21. NEW: Added a "Hide unchanged files" option to "Rename, Move, & Copy files...".
22. Fixed: The position slider could stop moving near the end of the file.
23. Fixed: Clicking "Close" on a tag could reopen the editing if the click was right above the field.
24. Fixed: Edit fields in the tag window could fail to close when clicking away in the last build.
25. Fixed: Turning off artist images would switch to the previous artist image instead of the cover in build 9.
26. NEW: Artist name in the Cloudplay track list is a link to Spotlight.
27. Changed: Cloudplay submission email includes year in upload dates.
28. Fixed: Gridlines could overflow when a column was frozen.
29. Fixed: Disabling zone switch didn't work in all cases.
30. Changed: Display View displays "Press escape to exit Display View" when stopped.
31. NEW: Added a clear search MCC (MCC_CLEAR_SEARCH_CONTROL / 22042).
32. NEW: URLs are displayed as links in the SSDP utility.
33. NEW: All valid URLs in the SSDP utility can be opened in an external browser.
34. Fixed: Turning artist images on and off could result in the wrong cover being displayed.
35. NEW: *.idx subtitle index files can be selected in the Subtitle Browse dialog.
36. Fixed: Tree indent would not be correct when the scale was not 100% in 30.0.7.
37. Fixed: Pane header text would not align properly when the scale was not 100%.
38. NEW: Added a FilterForUser to the MCWS/Files/Search call to allow filtering based on the current user.
39. Fixed: Audio Path did not work with TV playback of types DMS, IPTV.
40. Changed: Reverted the mouse cursor changing when over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
41. Fixed: When syncing to a portable from a client, filenames were not being set correctly.
42. Changed: The tree expand / collapse markers will respond to clicks for the entire height of the item instead of a slice of the height.
43. NEW: Added a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl;Shift;E) to reset the pane selection (MCC 26023,-1).
44. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
45. Changed: Re-designed the JRVR Scaling settings dialog.
46. NEW: Chroma scaling in JRVR can now be configured independently of image upscaling (advanced mode only).
47. Fixed: When closing a tab, the tab layout would not resave so restarting the program would bring the tab back.
48. Fixed: Font settings could get overwritten when using a custom Theater View font, or other secondary custom fonts.
49. NEW: (Experimental) Enabled "Triax SatIP Converter (DMS)" as a DMS TV device. Untested, may or may not work.
50. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search returns a failure if no matching files are found.
51. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
52. NEW: Added a library backup option (Options > Library & Folder > Thumbnails in library backups) to ask for thumbnails inclusion or just turn them on or off.
53. NEW: The mouse cursor changes to a hand when it's over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
54. Fixed: Some Thai characters were not being rendered properly.
55. NEW: Added an SSDP utility in the Media Network section under Services & Plug-ins to scan for and display a list of all network devices and their information.
56. Fixed: The space before a delimiter wasn't being added to artist values in the player window.
57. Changed: Font sizes will scale with screen DPI more consistently. (Please report any issues from this change)
58. Changed: List type fields are displayed with a space after the delimiter in the statusbar and playerbar.
59. Changed: Included an updated PixOS skin (thanks EnglishTiger).
60. Changed: When acquiring images from an Android, it could pull files from the trash, thumbnails, recycle bin, etc. Now it skips folder names that begin with a dot.
61. Changed: Changed the way SETUP request is made (this is a work-around of a possible bug in a third-party library) during Sat>IP TV playback.
62. Changed: Switched to a discrete clear playing now toolbar image (thanks HPBEME).
63. NEW: Added the /Restart command to the launcher to restart a running Media Center.
64. NEW: Added a toolbar button to allow restarting the program.
65. Changed: During install of a new version, the library is no longer discarded if it points to a library server (but still switches to the default after copying the library if it's a local library).
66. NEW: Preliminary support for ATSC 3 TV channels.
67. Fixed: The tab text for some views could be inconsistent between when the tab was active and inactive.
68. Fixed: The converter view (opened from the Action Window) didn't have title text.
69. Changed: The recent searches will put the most recent at the top instead of bottom of the menu.
70. NEW: Added recent searches to the search box suggestions.
71. Changed: When a ZoneSwitch rule runs from Theater View, it would not switch the selected Playing Now in Standard View so switching back could switch the zone unexpectedly.
72. NEW: Added DVD/BluRay ripping through MakeMKV (Needs to be installed on your Mac).