Release Notes MC30
1. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.6.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.98.
3. Changed: Options that are disabled no longer respond to mouse-over.
4. Fixed: The Playing Now overview view would not size the duration column correctly when running with scale.
5. Changed: Zone presets will be sorted by name.
6. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
7. Fixed: The new smooth progress bar could cause problems during DLNA playback.
8. Changed: Windows that are not popups will no longer have window borders (applies to the remote options page for example).
9. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Actors/Directors to main search box.
10. Fixed: Artwork could be sized incorrectly in some cases.
1. Fixed: When playing a TV channel using Transport Stream time-shifting (the new time-shifting), the OSD program info text stayed forever unless another OSD came along to replace it.
2. Changed: The position slider is smooth at the end of a track instead of jumping to a slightly different position and moving less smooth.
3. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Movies and TV Shows to main search box (see entries at the end of the dropdown).
4. NEW: Added the ability to export and import all Theater View templates.
5. Fixed: The transport stream time-shifting did not clean up buffering files properly when viewing of a TV channel was stopped (.jrts and *.jrts.cnk files were left in folders).
1. Changed: Removed the 4k logo from Theater View. Different changes to come later.
2. Changed: The installer no longer allows installation into the root of the program files folder.
3. Fixed: Recording on BDA TV devices and OpenCABLE and Sat>IP devices did not work if the user configured recording format was JTV and if the devices used transport stream time-shifting. Now if such combination of settings are used, recording will switch to TS format.
4. Changed: "Legacy method" (as referring to program stream time-shifting method) is renamed "original method".
5. Changed: Default time-shifting method is changed to the original method, instead of "Use Transport Stream Time-shifting for bda tuners in addition to ...".
1. Changed: The skin name hash is stored along with the view header images so changing skins will not require a restart for custom artwork to populate.
2. Fixed: Increased the internal buffer in the non-DirectShow video engine to improve playback of files with bad interleaving. This includes fixing the issue with live TV played in non-DirectShow engine (new time-shifting for bda and OpenCABLE, DMS) of some TV stations.
3. NEW: A 4k bubble is shown in Theater View when zooming into a 4k movie.
1. NEW: View header images can be customized by the skin (Image > ViewHeaderDrivesDevices, ViewHeaderServicesPlugins, ViewHeaderDownload, ViewHeaderPlaylist, ViewHeaderPodcast, ViewHeaderDLNA, ViewHeaderExplorer, ViewHeaderScheduler, ViewHeaderWebMedia, ViewHeaderHandheld, ViewHeaderCD, ViewHeaderLibrary, ViewHeaderLibraryInactive, ViewHeaderReporter, ViewHeaderTelevision).
2. NEW: The transport stream time-shifting method is now also optionally available for OpenCABLE and Sat>IP TV devices.
3. Fixed: The extra channels selection could unintentionally grow when picking other settings.
4. Fixed: Playing audio with more then 8 channels could result in extra channels being silenced if the output would not exactly match (now channel are copied as there is space, and then cut off).
1. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
2. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly. Now it changes the visible files.
3. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
4. Changed: Pulled in the Modern Cards Dark updated frame borders from Marko (thanks!).
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Fixed: (Possibly fixed) bda tuners could crash when recording is finished.
7. Changed: Play Doctor does not play a local file first when Include Files From Cloudplay option is set to 100%.
8. Fixed: Play Doctor would fail to get any Cloudplay files in some circumstances.
9. Changed: Updated LAV Filters to 0.77.1, for improved performance, compatibility, and bugfixes.
10. Fixed: Video files (and audio files using the video engine, eg. MKA) with more then 8 audio channels did not work.
1. Fixed: The new chevron drawing did not change color on mouse over.
2. NEW: Added a TV option to choose whether to use the new transport stream time-shifting or legacy (program stream) time-shifting for bda tuners.
3. NEW: MCWS PlayDoctor command adds option to select/play all files from Cloudplay.
4. Fixed: If the mouse was held down on the art at the top of the program it would keep opening Spotlight over and over.
5. Fixed: The note in the Customize Display dialog was stating to click the display instead of right-click.
6. Fixed: Web Views in Theater View (Netflix, etc) did not show properly in 30.0.30.
1. Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
2. Changed: The chevron draw on toolbars when there are more items than fit scales nicely with UI sizing.
3. Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not.
1. Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
2. Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use "LIST" skin background colors.
3. Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
4. Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
5. Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
6. Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
7. Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
2. Changed: Updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin some more (thanks HPBEME).
3. Fixed: The rating field could require more space to draw on the right than needed.
4. Changed: Clicking a link on the streaming page will go to the page even if you have that page off so it doesn't show in the tree.
5. Changed: Spotlight hides blue focus rectangle on page load.
6. Fixed: Skins with BorderResizeForText set could get a strange titlebar text.
7. Fixed: Mixing 7.1 to 5.1 with two extra channels would result in the rear channels missing.
8. Fixed: When loading Spotlight or other web pages a brief white flash could be produced.
1. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows uses the TMDB ID for lookup if tag is set.
2. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows also tries leading 0 to search for matching seasons and episodes in the library (e.g. "01").
3. Changed: Added a timer to the SSDP utility to indicate how much time is remaining in the scan.
4. Fixed: Viewing a transparent image with the 3D image viewer would not show a grid in the background.
5. Changed: Hide Spotlight button in Files list header.
1. Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
2. Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
3. Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
4. Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
5. Fixed: Client playback of a live bda channel with tuner on the server did not work.
1. Fixed: Using the new deinterlacing mode in JRVR would disrupt seeking in the video.
2. Changed: Updated Hungarian translation (thanks Gyula).
3. Changed: Minor visual tweaks to the main Streaming page.
4. Changed: Updated the new features link in the help menu for v30.
1. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
2. Changed: Clouplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
3. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
4. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
1. Changed: Vertically compress Artist Spotlight so it is more likely to fit on one page.
2. NEW: GPU compute accelerated shader deinterlacing in JRVR (based on the YADIF algorithm).
3. Fixed: ListCombine mode 2 was not trimming spaces when it built the list.
4. NEW: Added a mode 3 to ListCombine that's A - B.
1. Fixed: WavPack files played from a library server could incorrectly assume there was a correction file.
2. Fixed: When WavPack found a correction file, it would incorrectly clear the flags about how to open the file.
3. Fixed: Missing wavpack content and mimetypes prevented pushing a wavpack to DLNA renderer.
4. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.5.
5. Fixed: Related Artists in Spotlight were not being retrieved.
6. Changed: When making a disc backup with MakeMKV, Blu-Ray backups will import on completion.
1. Fixed: Wiki web link was opening an image instead of the main article.
2. Changed: The time-shifting file for playback of a DMS channel will have the extension of .jrts instead of .dat.
3. Fixed: Copying and installing of saved Thumbnails when restoring a library backup.
4. Changed: Updated libplacebo to v5.228 for JRVR performance, quality and stability improvements.
1. Fixed: Clearing the search box could cause the active tab to shift in some cases as the search box took focus.
2. NEW: Added another mode to ListCombine(...) expression function to allow outputting only values not common to both lists.
3. Changed: Updated Norwegian translation (thanks Øistein Rian).
4. Changed: The SSDP utility will clear the current list of devices and get a fresh list on a rescan.
5. Changed: The device list in the SSDP utility is now sorted alphabetically.
6. Fixed: The SSDP utility could crash while scanning in some rare cases.
7. Changed: The filter box for toolbars accepts a leading "-" so "-playlist" will hide all the playlists.
8. Fixed: When playing a bda TV channel that was currently recording, playback always started at the earliest time, instead of the last played (bookmarked) position.
1. Changed: Added a note after the VST buffer size setting that a restart is required.
2. Changed: Made the MakeMKV title selection dialog a bit wider to better handle longer title names.
3. Fixed: The title output filename edit box in the MakeMKV title selection dialog would lose focus while editing in some cases.
4. Fixed: MakeMKV could fail while ripping and the error would not get reported to the user.
5. Fixed: The JRVR shader cache could be corrupted when using both 32-bit and 64-bit MediaCenter for video playback.
6. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
7. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Changed: Five seconds of silence is pushed through VST plugins on flush.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
10. Changed: Cloudplay home page, some minor tweaks to recent playlists display.
11. Fixed: Playing a bda TV channel while a recording was going on it did not work properly.
1. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not delete stale data, so the disk usage would grow indefinitely.
2. NEW: Cloudplay home page shows cover art for last 5 playlists which can be clicked to play.
1. Fixed: Ripping DVD and BD discs would get stuck at initializing for rip.
1. Changed: Renamed DVBC frequency table file from "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glentevejens" to "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glenten", and a frequency entry in the file was updated. Thanks ABA!
2. Changed: When getting Theater View backdrop images (for movies and TV series) from TheMovieDB, we will attempt to use only the images that are tagged with the language code that matches the default local language. If that fails we will fall back to any language.
3. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search only returns a failure if no matching files are found with the "play" action, otherwise an empty list.
4. Changed: When searching for cover art, if art is found named [Filename] - [Poster] it will be used (so Titanic - Poster.jpg will work for the movie Titanic.mkv).
5. NEW: Added the ability to clean accents (replace Á with A, etc.) to the Clean(...) expression (thanks to blgentry for the help).
6. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
7. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
1. Fixed: Potential fix for a rare crash in Theater View on audio track changes.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.90.
3. NEW: Added an option to back up a disc to the computer using MakeMKV.
4. Changed: Switching profiles will no longer select all titles in the MakeMKV title selection dialog.
1. Fixed: HEIF images from library servers could not be opened.
2. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not clean up the time-shifting folder properly after each session.
3. Fixed: "Clean up time-shifting folders..." tool left .jrtr files in folders.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnails were not always being rotated properly for portrait-style videos.
5. Fixed: "TV Options/Restart Player" context menu item was not available in the new time-shifting for bda TV devices.
6. Fixed: When starting TV in the new time-shifting, the volume was not set properly (requiring an user action to get it right).
7. Fixed: When starting a DMS TV channel, the volume was not set smoothly (often set in two stage, first the full volume, then the correct volume).
8. Changed: Cloudplay pages in MC now support "back" navigation.
9. Fixed: Menu buttons on Cloudplay pages wrap without getting cut off (always shown, no longer collapse).
10. Fixed: Fonts could get cached after DPI/size changes, resulting in the wrong size.
11. NEW: Added an experimental option to enable per-monitor DPI scaling.
12. Fixed: The context menu options "Go To Earliest Time" and "Go To Latest Time" did not work for the new time-shifting.
1. Changed: More tuning of the smooth progress bar.
1. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
2. Changed: In the MakeMKV title selection dialog, checking a title will now check title items based on the profile configuration.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+J (JRVR OSD info) did not work when time-shifting a bda TV device.
4. Fixed: Ctrl+R (JRVR reset) did not work in all types of live TV playback.
5. NEW: JRVR performance profiles can now be selected in the JRVR General settings.
6. Changed: Adjusted the progress bar at track endings a little more.
1. NEW: Added an option to "Rename, Move, & Copy files..." to "Hide unchanged files".
2. Changed: Tweaked TV start up and channel changing with the new time-shifting and fixed the issue of low-stream-rate channel being slow to start.
3. Fixed: The position slider could stop moving near the end of the file.
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.81.
5. Fixed: Clicking "Close" on a tag could reopen the editing if the click was right above the field.
6. NEW: Added support for expert mode profiles when ripping using MakeMKV.
7. Fixed: Channel switching from one ATSC channel to another one on the same transport (i.e. the same major channel) did not work (as if there was no signal).
1. Fixed: Edit fields in the tag window could fail to close when clicking away in the last build.
2. Fixed: Turning off artist images would switch to the previous artist image instead of the cover in build 9.
3. Changed: The new time-shifting with bda devices will stop and discard current channel data before switching to a new channel. Now channel changing works.
4. Improved: Starting of the new time-shifting is significantly faster.
5. NEW: Artist name in Cloudplay track list is a link to Spotlight.
6. Changed: Cloudplay submission email includes year in upload dates.
7. Fixed: When MC was dragged to a different monitor, the new time-shifting playback did not work properly (playback restarted from the beginning and duration was no longer available).
8. Fixed: Gridlines could overflow when a column was frozen.
1. Fixed: Disabling zone switch didn't work in all cases.
2. Changed: Display View displays "Press escape to exit Display View" when stopped.
3. NEW: Added a clear search MCC (MCC_CLEAR_SEARCH_CONTROL / 22042).
4. Changed: URLs are displayed as links in the SSDP utility.
5. Changed: All valid URLs in the SSDP utility can be opened in an external browser.
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.70.
7. Fixed: Turning artist images on and off could result in the wrong cover being displayed.
8. NEW: *.idx subtitle index files can be selected in the Subtitle Browse dialog.
1. Fixed: Tree indent would not be correct when the scale was not 100% in 30.0.7.
2. Fixed: Pane header text would not align properly when the scale was not 100%.
3. Fixed: Switching from time-shifting to non-time-shifting and vice versa did not work properly (with bda TV devices).
4. NEW: Added a FilterForUser to the MCWS/Files/Search call to allow filtering based on the current user.
5. Fixed: Audio Path did not work with TV playback of types DMS, IPTV, and the new time-shifting for bda devices.
6. Changed: In new time-shifting of bda TV devices, the "DirectShow filters" menu will show "JRiver Video Player with JRVR" instead of blank time-shifting player graph.
1. Changed: Reverted the mouse cursor changing when over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
2. Fixed: When syncing to a portable from a client, filenames were not being set correctly.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.65. The tag field for disc number changed to "Disc" from "Disc #" to be more inline with other tools (applies to all APE tags).
4. Changed: The tree expand / collapse markers will respond to clicks for the entire height of the item instead of a slice of the height.
5. NEW: Added a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl;Shift;E) to reset the pane selection (MCC 26023,-1).
6. Fixed: The new bda TV time-shifting would not resize video properly when window was resized.
7. Fixed: Canceled TV recordings on bda devices (ATSC and DVB) were not playable until the program end time had past (stop recording was not done cleanly).
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. Changed: Re-designed the JRVR Scaling settings dialog.
10. NEW: Chroma scaling in JRVR can now be configured independently of image upscaling.
1. Fixed: When closing a tab, the tab layout would not resave so restarting the program would bring the tab back.
2. Fixed: Font settings could get overwritten when using a custom Theater View font, or other secondary custom fonts.
3. NEW: (Experimental) Enabled "Triax SatIP Converter (DMS)" as a DMS TV device. Untested, may or may not work.
4. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search returns a failure if no matching files are found.
5. Fixed: Volume control did not work in the new TV time-shifting (for ATSC and DVB only).
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. NEW: Added a library backup option (Options > Library & Folder > Thumbnails in library backups) to ask for thumbnails inclusion or just turn them on or off.
8. Fixed: FF/REW did not work with the new TV time-shifting.
9. NEW: The mouse cursor changes to a hand when it's over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
10. Fixed: Some Thai characters were not being rendered properly.
11. NEW: Added an SSDP utility in the Media Network section under Services & Plug-ins to scan for and display a list of all network devices and their information.
12. Fixed: The space before a delimiter wasn't being added to artist values in the player window.
13. Fixed: The new digital TV time-shifting might get the time-stamps and duration messed, resulting in seeking not to work.
1. Changed: Font sizes will scale with screen DPI more consistently. (Please report any issues from this change)
2. Changed: List type fields are displayed with a space after the delimiter in the statusbar and playerbar.
3. Changed: Included an updated PixOS skin (thanks EnglishTiger).
4. Changed: When acquiring images from an Android, it could pull files from the trash, thumbnails, recycle bin, etc. Now it skips folder names that begin with a dot.
5. Changed: Changed the way SETUP request is made (this is a work-around of a possible bug in a third-party library) during Sat>IP TV playback.
6. Fixed: The Pause/Play state was not reflected in the GUI when pausing an ATSC/DVB TV channel using the new time-shifting method.
1. Changed: Updated to a v30 redirect so Check For Updates works, etc.
1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
3. Changed: Switched to a discrete clear playing now toolbar image (thanks HPBEME).
4. NEW: Added the /Restart command to the launcher to restart a running Media Center.
5. NEW: Added a toolbar button to allow restarting the program.
1. Changed: During install of a new version, the library is no longer discarded if it points to a library server (but still switches to the default after copying the library if it's a local library).
2. NEW: A new time-shifting method for DirectShow-based TV tuners (digital tuners only, i.e. ATSC, DVB).
3. NEW: Preliminary support for ATSC 3 TV channels.
1. Fixed: The tab text for some views could be inconsistent between when the tab was active and inactive.
2. Fixed: The converter view (opened from the Action Window) didn't have title text.
3. Changed: The recent searches will put the most recent at the top instead of bottom of the menu.
4. NEW: Added recent searches to the search box suggestions.
5. Changed: When a ZoneSwitch rule runs from Theater View, it would not switch the selected Playing Now in Standard View so switching back could switch the zone unexpectedly.