Release Notes MC30
1. Fixed: Submitting cover art was not working since the server changes.
2. Fixed: Track info submit and get was not working since the server changes.
1. Changed: Internal server changes.
1. Fixed: Removing files from a client did not delete or recycle server disk files as specified.
1. Fixed: MPC/Musepack audio decoding did not work in 30.0.92.
1. Changed: Updated Cloudplay for a future hosting backend change.
1. Changed: Reverted changing list styles clicking empty area of tabs.
1. Fixed: MC could crash when recording in TS format on certain DVB channels.
2. Changed: Increased the wait time between channels during OTA EPG scan (DVB).
3. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
4. Changed: Made a German language tweak (thanks Purecut).
1. Fixed: Playback of WTV files did not enable audio stream selection.
1. Fixed: Importing a Blu-ray folder rip (BDMV) will more aggressively exclude auxiliary data files from being imported separately.
2. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
3. NEW: Added a "Formatted" flag to requests for file information from MCWS to format MPL or JSON responses.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Fixed: Internal fix to prevent crashes on certain string operations.
6. Changed: Added some more accents to the lookup / conversion routines.
1. Fixed: Dragging tabs could lose the selected tab with some views.
2. Changed: When closing tabs, the last tab used is opened (instead of the far right tab).
3. NEW: Left-clicking the empty area of the tabs rolls through list styles.
4. Fixed: VST3 plugins that used a legacy method of initialization were not working (Ozone 9 for example).
1. Changed: The automatic playlist background skin image is drawn the old way again (problems were reported with the change).
2. Changed: The Get Movie & TV Info dialog remembers the last size and position (and also maximizes to fullscreen when the option is selected).
3. Changed: MC will no longer prefer Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder when playing WMC recorded TV shows (wtv or dvr-ms files).
4. Changed: Enable navigation of the top menu in Prime Video with keyboard/remote.
5. Fixed: Selecting items on the Netflix Browse page did not work reliably after recent website changes.
1. Changed (experimental): MC will no longer prefer Microsoft video filters (decoder and renderer) when playing WMC recorded TV shows (wtv or dvr-ms files).
1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 10.06. Supports 32-bit floating point.
2. Changed: The automatic playlist background skin image is drawn at full size instead of maintaining the aspect ratio (please report any issues).
3. Changed: Added Japan to region options for Prime Video.
4. Fixed: Manage TV Channels window failed to show scrambled status in Details for DVB-C and DVB-S channels.
5. Changed: Left arrow goes "Back" in Prime Video when appropriate.
1. Fixed: Remote Stop button was not working in Prime Video.
2. Changed: Attempts to re-select previous item when going back in Prime Video.
3. Fixed: JTV recordings recorded with video capture devices that use uncompressed video would not play.
1. Fixed: Transferring to Handheld devices might skip transcoding (even if configured to do so) if the converted file has the same file extension and if the conversion cache is located next to the original file.
1. Fixed: Prime Video was not going to the proper initial page for Canada and possibly other regions.
1. Changed: Setting the total number of tracks doesn't tag the file (just like setting discs).
1. Changed: Made the total discs and total tracks tool not operate on Podcasts, Test Clips, or Audiobooks.
1. NEW: Total Tracks is updated each run along with Total Discs.
2. Changed: MC no longer jumps to display view, even when so configured, when playing the WDM driver.
3. Changed: The ALT key no longer highlights the menu when a popup is showing.
4. Fixed: Navigation in Prime Video would skip the bottom item in rows with 2 items stacked vertically.
5. NEW: DVB TV channel scan will save Scrambled status in TV channel's Keywords tag. On "Manage TV Channels" window the channels' scrambled status is marked True or False in "Details".
1. NEW: Added remote number button shortcuts to categories in Prime Video. 2=>Movies, 3=>TV.
2. NEW: Added season selection in Prime Video TV shows.
3. Fixed: A fix in build 30.0.76 might caused format conversion not to work as expected if users chose the mode "Replace original file on disk and in library."
4. Fixed: When converting format of files that were particles, and if the user chose the mode "Replace original file on disk and in library" the parent file got erroneously deleted.
5. NEW: Added profile switching for Prime Video, press 0 to select.
6. Fixed: Monkey's Audio was failing to decompress old files since the addition of faster lookup tables on February 15th.
1. Fixed: Video analysis could fail to determine the aspect ratio of some video files.
2. Changed: Video analysis will favor the container-specified aspect ratio, if available and reliable.
3. Fixed: Black bar detection would mis-detect some samples due to wrong seeking and too short analysis.
4. Fixed: The "Norwegian Bokmål" language name was not encoded in Unicode properly.
5. NEW: Added the image dimensions to the Get Movie & TV Info dialog.
6. Fixed: Format Conversion could have unpredictable result if the files being converted were particles.
7. Changed: DLNA notifies after resume from sleep on a background thread (instead of hanging the program).
1. Changed: Updated LAV Filters to 0.77.2, fixing some issues with audio bitstreaming and expanding Atmos/DTS:X identification to playback.
2. Fixed: Black bar analysis for videos did not run during auto-import.
3. Fixed: Black bar analysis could get stuck on some files.
4. Fixed: Extended video analysis did not work on MPLS (Blu-ray playlist) particles.
5. Fixed: Playback in MC was not stopping when launching Prime Video.
6. Fixed: Sometimes could not exit Prime Video login pages with keyboard.
1. Changed: The SetField expression function clears the output instead of leaving the field name there.
2. Fixed: Occasional glitches when selecting a television program by entering a channel number, in Theater view guide grid.
3. Changed: The timer for TV Recording Manager is no longer started if TV feature is not turned on.
4. Changed: Prime Video in Theater View has a region/country setting.
5. Changed: Prime Video in Theater View can select/play specific episodes for TV series.
1. Fixed: For VST3 plugins on mixed DPI monitors we'll set the VST3 scale so the plugin in DSP studio displays properly.
1. NEW: Hooked up remote playback buttons to control Amazon Prime Video in Theater View.
1. Fixed: Analyzing a Blu-ray structure did not properly fill the subtitle language field.
2. Changed: Video Aspect Ratio is always stored using a decimal, rather then a fraction.
3. Changed: Video Aspect Ratio is calculated from the active video rectangle after cropping if Black Bar detection is being performed.
4. NEW: Amazon Prime Video in Theater View with remote control support (add in Theater View, Items to Show).
1. NEW: Support for Blu-ray directory structures (BDMV) in extended video analysis.
2. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
3. Fixed: When hiding the status column in Analyze Audio, it could not be brought back (also applies to other custom columns).
4. Changed: MCWS function GetGuidePrograms will return the program database key as an attribute.
5. Fixed: When changing channel by entering a channel number in Theater View television guide, the new selected program was random horizontally. Now the new selected program will be one that is near the same time slot as the previous selection.
6. Changed: Disabled enumeration of Proxy handheld devices when operating in Media Client mode.
1. Changed: Streaming transcoded video between two instances of Media Center uses the HLS VOD protocol for improved stability and responsiveness.
2. Changed: Tweaked mouse movement/acceleration when controlling with directional arrows in Theater View.
3. Fixed: (Panel) The contex menu options on the search page were not working properly.
4. Changed: Adjusted the Q in filters used for Room Correction, Headphones, Convolution, etc. to account for the square root of two change in v29.
5. NEW: Added an optional parameter to the Replace expression to specify case sensitive or not searching.
6. Fixed: Stop after tracks was not working.
7. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
8. Changed: Split black bar detection out of video analysis into a separate tool, since the process can be rather slow.
9. Changed: Added a new option to the import dialog to perform black bar detection on videos during import.
10. Changed: Filling missing entries after EPG loading will be done in a background worker thread.
11. Changed: EPG missing entries will have a duration of 4 hours instead of 1 hour, to increase efficiency.
12. NEW: The EPG status text in the Standard Television View will include message indicating that EPG loading is going on, or filling missing entries is going on in the background.
13. Fixed: MCWS function SetRecording did not parse the start time parameter correctly.
1. Changed: Updated the YouTube downloader to make YouTube clips work again.
1. NEW: Added a Key parameter to MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayDoctor to specify a start file (which will build the rest of the playlist).
2. Changed: WAV files greater than 2 GB are no longer tagged.
3. Fixed: When writing a huge WAV file, a negative one is used for the length (was overflowing before).
4. Fixed: Encoding really big files was failing with WavPack.
1. NEW: Added the "Video Scan" field to indicate if a video is "Progressive" or "Interlaced".
2. Changed: Audio with odd sample rates will be automatically resampled to a common rate.
3. Changed: When the SSRC resampler fails to load (due to an unsupported sample rate), SoX will be used instead.
4. Changed: When the FormatNumber expression crops a value to 0 because of the decimal places, the empty display will be shown.
5. NEW: Added a Decimal expression function to convert to dot for a number.
6. Changed: Made the expression editor popup remember window positioning.
7. Changed: Updated the default tag window templates with the new video fields.
8. Changed: Importing/Exporting all tag window templates will write the correct template version, and validate it on import.
9. Changed: Made the sign of zero from the math evaluator output 1 (instead of 0).
10. NEW: Added a customization option to the Tag window to show All Fields With Values (including read-only fields).
11. NEW: Added the ability to customize the flush after stop issued to VST plugins.
12. Fixed: When showing television guide by time in Theater View ("This evening", "Tomorrow morning", "Tomorrow afternoon", etc.) a random program could be selected when entering the grid view, instead of the program showing at the upper left corner.
1. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Changed: The ConvertDate expression function accepts more than one parameter again and just ignores everything after the first (unless it's 3 or 6 since that's the new format).
4. Changed: Theater View web page keyboard control: Escape key now acts as "back" and mouse cursor movement is accelerated when holding down on directional arrow keys.
1. Fixed: Various improvements to AC-4 audio decoding, including fixed channel mapping and improvements to audio timing to reduce glitches in playback.
2. Changed: Updated FFmpeg to 4.2, used for file analysis and transcoding.
3. NEW: Video Analysis can now identify "immersive" Atmos and DTS:X audio tracks.
4. NEW: Crop (Black Bar) detection has been added to Video Analysis.
5. Fixed: Video analysis would not fill the "HDR Mastering Color Space" field.
1. Fixed: Some VST3 plugins provided multiple entrypoints and so would crash when the older style entrypoint was initialized first.
2. Fixed: Running "Analyse Video" or "Update Library (from Tags)" on Video files could reset the rating stored in the database.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 9.15. Faster AVX assembly runs on all platforms, AVX-512 is used when available, and speed-ups across the board.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Changed: Added sorting of phrases to the translation files (and updated all translations).
6. Changed: VST plugins are only checked for VST3 if the extension is VST3.
7. NEW: Added option for Theater View web pages to display full screen with the direction arrows and OK/Enter controlling the mouse.
1. Fixed: Sat>IP channels might not have been loaded correctly from an m3u channel list file if the file specified modulation type (mtype) in upper case letters (e.g. "mtype=QPSK" instead of "mtype=qpsk").
2. Fixed: Sat>IP channel scan wizard did not properly load the user-supplied channel list m3u file.
3. NEW: Running MCC commands from the launcher can take a string by surrounding with single quotes (example: MC30.exe /MCC 22043,'Video\YouTube').
4. NEW: Added MCC MCC_THEATER_VIEW_PATH (22043) to allow selecting a path in Theater View.
5: NEW: Added a Library Tool to run extended Video Analysis.
6. Fixed: Corrected a typo in the compare dates expression tooltip.
7. Changed: Changed the compare dates tooltip to better translate.
8. Changed: Additional optimization of Theater View television guide display speed.
9. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
10. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code. Also made the translation tool not output the same header multiple times in a row.
11. Changed: Removed the custom expressions "TVInfo(ChannelKeywords)" and "TVInfo(IsOnNonTopGroupedChannel)" from the default Theater View Television Guide setup since they are now handled differently and more efficiently.
1. Changed: Reverted the Theater View TV guide change in build 60 because of its undesirable effects.
2. Changed: Add logging to VST3 plugin function call failures.
3. Changed: VST3 force a layout on resize, fall back to current size if resize isn't supported.
4. Changed: VST3 let the plugin know we support resize.
5. NEW: Playing Now button on Spotlight page allows you to add the track to the Spotlight Favorites playlist. Instructions
6. Optimized: Theater View television guide display is much faster.
1. NEW: Added new video metadata fields, as well as filling those fields during import.
2. Fixed: Making a disc backup of a DVD using MakeMKV would cause a crash.
3. NEW: Added a the ability to pass a year, month, day, hour, minute, and second to the ConvertDate expression function.
4. Changed: IPlugFrame is implemented for VST3 and a resize is issued when called for.
5. Changed: Slightly improved Theater View TV guide display speed.
1. Fixed: Scroll commands in the image viewer were not functioning in build 58.
2. Changed: Removed the up, down, left, right keyboard shortcuts from the image scroll menu since those keys don't work since build 58.
3. Changed: Made playback loop back to the beginning when it stops at the end of a playlist.
1. Changed: Reverted the changes made to scrolling changing images.
1. Changed: Locate on disk is available on Library Server Clients again when local file access is available.
2. Changed: Update Library (from tags) & Update Tags (from library) are available with Library Server Clients again, with added checks to prevent issues when local file access is not possible.
1. Fixed: Picking Import All in the Tag window customize dialog then cancelling would corrupt the display.
2. Changed: Update Library (from tags) & Update Tags (from library) are no longer available on Library Server and DLNA Clients, as direct file access is required.
3. Changed: Locate on disk is no longer available on Library Server Clients and DLNA Clients, as direct file access is required.
4. Changed: Disable some functions which won't work with DLNA connected libraries. Fix one that should.
5. Changed: Made Google date lookup work a little better.
1. Changed: Reworked the year calculation (y) in CompareDates to be based on the years and days apart.
2. Changed: The reverse sync when building library server sync uses the copied library as well to avoid lags.
1. Changed: Cancel of the library server sync thread was not working nicely.
1. Changed: When building deltas for library server sync, the library is copied to avoid lags.
2. NEW: Added "yd" to the CompareDates expression function to output the number of years and days between dates.
1. Changed: When running Locate > On Disk (external) with a file on a network drive and a long path, we try just show the folder instead of also trying to select the file in the folder. This may or may not always work, depending on the length of the path itself.
2. Fixed: The string "Unrated" could not be translated.
3. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
4. Fixed: The title of the OSD commands could not be translated.
5. NEW: Added a CompareDates expression function to compare by year, days, or calendar years.
6. Changed: Date lookup from Google was no longer working.
1. Changed: Values in parenthesis are removed during lyrics lookup (just like we were doing with braces already).
2. Fixed: Importing from a folder could fail if it had a long path.
1. NEW: In Theater View television Guide, the TV channel on the left side of the guide grid will be marked as selected when a corresponding program is selected.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese (simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
3. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
4. Fixed: Deleting a file permanently from disk did not work if the file path was long.
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Fixed: The extra channels selection would not be used when filling the channels for the Parametric Equalizer.
7. Fixed: M4A files using audio codecs handled by the video engine did not play.
8. Fixed: The Tag menu had an incorrect spelling of "Refresh".
9. Fixed: Update Tags (from library) failed if the file was on a network drive and had a long path.
10. Fixed: Update Library (from tags) failed if the file was on a network drive and had a long path.
11. Fixed: Importing from a network location with a long path would not load data from the sidecar files.
12. Fixed: The "Edit Image" command (possible because of the MRU menu items) will disable when images are not selected.
1. Fixed: Installing a license running a portable install was not working.
1. Fixed: The start time column was not correct for sunrise or sunset scheduled tasks.
2. Fixed: The "Link To Playlist" menu would draw & characters in playlist names as underlines.
3. Fixed: "Get Movies & TV Info" failed to save cover art image if the file has a long path.
4. Changed: If XMLTV file specifies that a TV program is a "series", but does not provide a series name in addition to an episode name, the episode name will be copied into "Series" field, instead of leaving it empty.
5. Changed: When running "Get Movie & TV Info" tool, a TV Show that has no Series name but its Keywords field contains the word "Series", the show name will be copied into "Series" field so that "Get Movie & TV Info" can proceed.
6. Fixed: Locate > On Disk (external) did not work if the file has a long path.
7. Fixed: PostData was being discarded when cross platform databases were being used. This resulted in being unable to play SACD tracks > track 1 when a client and server MC instance were not of the same OS when one of the OS is Windows.
8. Changed: When showing out of Media Server mode, the startup view is shown (use Last Location to make no changes).
9. Fixed: Cover Art > Paste From Clipboard (Image or URL) did not work when pasting an URL if the file path is long.
10. Changed: Updated the program copyrights to 2023.
11. Fixed: Cover Art > Remove Cover Art could fail to delete the image from disk if the file has a long path.
1. Changed: Gridlines were showing in places they were not meant to so reverted the global change. Please report any place not showing gridlines that should.
2. Changed: Updated the image preview zoom and unzoom images (thanks Harley).
3. NEW: MJP files support an INSTALLTRACKINFO action so there is no need to copy files manually.
4. Changed: Zooming into an image will stop the animated zooming at start since that could fight with the zoom command.
5. Changed: The 3D image viewer no longer changes images on big scrolls off the screen.
1. Changed: The list group box header image is no longer drawn in the image editor toolbox for the bottom controls.
2. Fixed: The image editor better updates on skin changes.
3. NEW: Sunrise and sunset times can be used in the scheduler for events.
4. NEW: Added an Adjust Dates/Times dialog that modifies the Date tag of multiple files at once.
5. NEW: MJP files can have a list of packages to install and Package Installer will install all of them.
6. Fixed: Opening the image editor in a locked view would switch to a new tab, then show the start page when closed.
7. Fixed: The magnifying glass on image thumbnails would not size with scale nicely.
8. Changed: When loading EPG from an existing XMLTV or Perc Data file in a setup wizard or EPG loading wizard, the loading is done in a background worker thread and the progress is shown in the wizard window.
9. Fixed: Editing a cover art image and doing a cancel could save the changes anyway.
10. Fixed: The gridline setting is applied a little more widely.
11. Fixed: The first and last image commands were not working during image playback.
12. Changed: Left and right scroll an image instead of change images (use Page Up / Page Down to change).
13. Fixed: The scroll commands in the image playback right click were not working.
1. Fixed: PNG files using a color palette with transparency did not display properly.
2. Changed: In Theater View "Tuner Status" is now only accessible in Guide view, and no longer available in other video views.
3. NEW: During television setup, there is a checkbox to optionally download channel logo files (if available online) in a background thread after setup is complete.
1. NEW: Added an MCC (MCC_LIST_TOGGLE_FILES / 26033) to show and hide files in a library view.
2. NEW: Added a toolbar button to allow showing and hiding files the same way.
3. Fixed: Tabs would not use the active tab text color after the change a few builds back.
4. Changed: Changed how TV program logos get loaded and displayed in Standard Television View. This possibly fixes the issue of hanging while trying to load a TV program logo.
5. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
1. NEW: Initial Cloudplay page shows shortcut links to New and Popular playlists.
2. NEW: Added a status message on the XMLTV ID to channel map window that is updated during the auto match process.
3. Changed: Playlist icons with different colors are used for Cloudplay recent playlists when cover art cannot be found.
4. Fixed: Tile style lists didn't honor the selection color from the skin like other lists.
5. Changed: The view header above library views uses the same color as the "Close" link on the right.
6. NEW: Skins can specify a ListOverText color for the ACTIONWINDOW to specify the color on mouse over.
7. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code (also added sorting of the commands and source files).
1. Optimized: When setting up IPTV channels and XMLTV guide, the downloading of TV channel logos is deferred to speed up the setup.
2. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
3. Fixed: When loading XMLTV guide auto-matching could create fake matches when the XMLTV file contain channels with empty XMLTV IDs.
4. Changed: Improved IPTV xmltv ID to MC TV Channel auto matching.
5. Fixed: Spotlight would not properly handle &'s in titles.
6. Changed: Missing thumbnail image in Spotlight Artist page no longer has a border.
7. Fixed: Stop After X Tracks could stop early (merged three stop after pieces, so please report any issues).
8. Fixed: Double-clicking an image in a mixed media playlist view would not show the Image Preview when the new option was enabled.
9. Changed: Tag on import rules now replace list type fields instead of appending to them.
10. Changed: The Channel-To-XMLTVID Auto matching in the TV guide program loading is done in a worker thread so the GUI will remain responsive, and a "Cancel Auto Match" button is added to allow canceling.
1. Optimized: IPTV channel setup is much faster.
2. Fixed: TV logos for IPTV channels might have been downloaded hundreds of times during TV setup.
3. Fixed: Adaptive Volume would not reload nicely with DSP Presets.
4. NEW: Skins can tell options to not draw borders (<Entry Name="OptionsList" ><Data DrawBorders="0" />).
1. NEW: Add option to open Image Preview when double-clicking an image.
2. Fixed: Image Preview would show GetFile as title for every image when using a library server client.
3. Fixed: Current selection would sometimes not be visible when showing or closing Image Preview.
4. Changed: Disabled drag-n-drop for files on the Edge and Chromium WebView.
5. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
6. Fixed: Remote Control page and other borders could be back unintentionally for a few builds.
1. Improved: More reduction of the amount of time for TV guide loading and displaying.
2. Changed: Switched the VST flush of silence from five second to three seconds to make stopping a little faster with slow filters.
3. Changed: The text "Press escape to exit Display View" could show incorrectly in Playing Now Overview.
1. Changed: Turned the test tone generated by Room Correction down a little because it could clip.
2. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Artists to main search box.
3. Improved: Reduced the amount of time for MC to load TV guide programs.
4. Changed: Spotlight uses skin image for missing audio thumbnails.
5. Fixed: Some Artist images for Spotlight were broken.
1. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.6.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.98.
3. Changed: Options that are disabled no longer respond to mouse-over.
4. Fixed: The Playing Now overview view would not size the duration column correctly when running with scale.
5. Changed: Zone presets will be sorted by name.
6. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
7. Fixed: The new smooth progress bar could cause problems during DLNA playback.
8. Changed: Windows that are not popups will no longer have window borders (applies to the remote options page for example).
9. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Actors/Directors to main search box.
10. Fixed: Artwork could be sized incorrectly in some cases.
1. Fixed: When playing a TV channel using Transport Stream time-shifting (the new time-shifting), the OSD program info text stayed forever unless another OSD came along to replace it.
2. Changed: The position slider is smooth at the end of a track instead of jumping to a slightly different position and moving less smooth.
3. NEW: Add Spotlight search for Movies and TV Shows to main search box (see entries at the end of the dropdown).
4. NEW: Added the ability to export and import all Theater View templates.
5. Fixed: The transport stream time-shifting did not clean up buffering files properly when viewing of a TV channel was stopped (.jrts and *.jrts.cnk files were left in folders).
1. Changed: Removed the 4k logo from Theater View. Different changes to come later.
2. Changed: The installer no longer allows installation into the root of the program files folder.
3. Fixed: Recording on BDA TV devices and OpenCABLE and Sat>IP devices did not work if the user configured recording format was JTV and if the devices used transport stream time-shifting. Now if such combination of settings are used, recording will switch to TS format.
4. Changed: "Legacy method" (as referring to program stream time-shifting method) is renamed "original method".
5. Changed: Default time-shifting method is changed to the original method, instead of "Use Transport Stream Time-shifting for bda tuners in addition to ...".
1. Changed: The skin name hash is stored along with the view header images so changing skins will not require a restart for custom artwork to populate.
2. Fixed: Increased the internal buffer in the non-DirectShow video engine to improve playback of files with bad interleaving. This includes fixing the issue with live TV played in non-DirectShow engine (new time-shifting for bda and OpenCABLE, DMS) of some TV stations.
3. NEW: A 4k bubble is shown in Theater View when zooming into a 4k movie.
1. NEW: View header images can be customized by the skin (Image > ViewHeaderDrivesDevices, ViewHeaderServicesPlugins, ViewHeaderDownload, ViewHeaderPlaylist, ViewHeaderPodcast, ViewHeaderDLNA, ViewHeaderExplorer, ViewHeaderScheduler, ViewHeaderWebMedia, ViewHeaderHandheld, ViewHeaderCD, ViewHeaderLibrary, ViewHeaderLibraryInactive, ViewHeaderReporter, ViewHeaderTelevision).
2. NEW: The transport stream time-shifting method is now also optionally available for OpenCABLE and Sat>IP TV devices.
3. Fixed: The extra channels selection could unintentionally grow when picking other settings.
4. Fixed: Playing audio with more then 8 channels could result in extra channels being silenced if the output would not exactly match (now channel are copied as there is space, and then cut off).
1. Fixed: The links toolbar could crop some buttons since the addition of Spotlight even when there was space for more.
2. Fixed: The option at the top of smartlists to expand links was not working properly. Now it changes the visible files.
3. Changed: Links are expanded when adding files to a playlist (instead of when viewing since the view should map exactly to the actual files).
4. Changed: Pulled in the Modern Cards Dark updated frame borders from Marko (thanks!).
5. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Fixed: (Possibly fixed) bda tuners could crash when recording is finished.
7. Changed: Play Doctor does not play a local file first when Include Files From Cloudplay option is set to 100%.
8. Fixed: Play Doctor would fail to get any Cloudplay files in some circumstances.
9. Changed: Updated LAV Filters to 0.77.1, for improved performance, compatibility, and bugfixes.
10. Fixed: Video files (and audio files using the video engine, eg. MKA) with more then 8 audio channels did not work.
1. Fixed: The new chevron drawing did not change color on mouse over.
2. NEW: Added a TV option to choose whether to use the new transport stream time-shifting or legacy (program stream) time-shifting for bda tuners.
3. NEW: MCWS PlayDoctor command adds option to select/play all files from Cloudplay.
4. Fixed: If the mouse was held down on the art at the top of the program it would keep opening Spotlight over and over.
5. Fixed: The note in the Customize Display dialog was stating to click the display instead of right-click.
6. Fixed: Web Views in Theater View (Netflix, etc) did not show properly in 30.0.30.
1. Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
2. Changed: The chevron draw on toolbars when there are more items than fit scales nicely with UI sizing.
3. Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not.
1. Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
2. Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use "LIST" skin background colors.
3. Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
4. Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
5. Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
6. Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
7. Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
1. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
2. Changed: Updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin some more (thanks HPBEME).
3. Fixed: The rating field could require more space to draw on the right than needed.
4. Changed: Clicking a link on the streaming page will go to the page even if you have that page off so it doesn't show in the tree.
5. Changed: Spotlight hides blue focus rectangle on page load.
6. Fixed: Skins with BorderResizeForText set could get a strange titlebar text.
7. Fixed: Mixing 7.1 to 5.1 with two extra channels would result in the rear channels missing.
8. Fixed: When loading Spotlight or other web pages a brief white flash could be produced.
1. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows uses the TMDB ID for lookup if tag is set.
2. Changed: Spotlight for TV shows also tries leading 0 to search for matching seasons and episodes in the library (e.g. "01").
3. Changed: Added a timer to the SSDP utility to indicate how much time is remaining in the scan.
4. Fixed: Viewing a transparent image with the 3D image viewer would not show a grid in the background.
5. Changed: Hide Spotlight button in Files list header.
1. Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
2. Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
3. Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
4. Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
5. Fixed: Client playback of a live bda channel with tuner on the server did not work.
1. Fixed: Using the new deinterlacing mode in JRVR would disrupt seeking in the video.
2. Changed: Updated Hungarian translation (thanks Gyula).
3. Changed: Minor visual tweaks to the main Streaming page.
4. Changed: Updated the new features link in the help menu for v30.
1. Fixed: Album sets with more than 32 albums would not be marked as complete (now the cap is 256).
2. Changed: Clouplay checks multiple tracks for recent playlists cover art.
3. Fixed: URL for Icecast Streaming was updated.
4. Changed: Increased accuracy of font size calculation in custom tooltip templates.
1. Changed: Vertically compress Artist Spotlight so it is more likely to fit on one page.
2. NEW: GPU compute accelerated shader deinterlacing in JRVR (based on the YADIF algorithm).
3. Fixed: ListCombine mode 2 was not trimming spaces when it built the list.
4. NEW: Added a mode 3 to ListCombine that's A - B.
1. Fixed: WavPack files played from a library server could incorrectly assume there was a correction file.
2. Fixed: When WavPack found a correction file, it would incorrectly clear the flags about how to open the file.
3. Fixed: Missing wavpack content and mimetypes prevented pushing a wavpack to DLNA renderer.
4. Changed: Updated to WavPack 5.5.
5. Fixed: Related Artists in Spotlight were not being retrieved.
6. Changed: When making a disc backup with MakeMKV, Blu-Ray backups will import on completion.
1. Fixed: Wiki web link was opening an image instead of the main article.
2. Changed: The time-shifting file for playback of a DMS channel will have the extension of .jrts instead of .dat.
3. Fixed: Copying and installing of saved Thumbnails when restoring a library backup.
4. Changed: Updated libplacebo to v5.228 for JRVR performance, quality and stability improvements.
1. Fixed: Clearing the search box could cause the active tab to shift in some cases as the search box took focus.
2. NEW: Added another mode to ListCombine(...) expression function to allow outputting only values not common to both lists.
3. Changed: Updated Norwegian translation (thanks Øistein Rian).
4. Changed: The SSDP utility will clear the current list of devices and get a fresh list on a rescan.
5. Changed: The device list in the SSDP utility is now sorted alphabetically.
6. Fixed: The SSDP utility could crash while scanning in some rare cases.
7. Changed: The filter box for toolbars accepts a leading "-" so "-playlist" will hide all the playlists.
8. Fixed: When playing a bda TV channel that was currently recording, playback always started at the earliest time, instead of the last played (bookmarked) position.
1. Changed: Added a note after the VST buffer size setting that a restart is required.
2. Changed: Made the MakeMKV title selection dialog a bit wider to better handle longer title names.
3. Fixed: The title output filename edit box in the MakeMKV title selection dialog would lose focus while editing in some cases.
4. Fixed: MakeMKV could fail while ripping and the error would not get reported to the user.
5. Fixed: The JRVR shader cache could be corrupted when using both 32-bit and 64-bit MediaCenter for video playback.
6. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
7. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Changed: Five seconds of silence is pushed through VST plugins on flush.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese (Simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
10. Changed: Cloudplay home page, some minor tweaks to recent playlists display.
11. Fixed: Playing a bda TV channel while a recording was going on it did not work properly.
1. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not delete stale data, so the disk usage would grow indefinitely.
2. NEW: Cloudplay home page shows cover art for last 5 playlists which can be clicked to play.
1. Fixed: Ripping DVD and BD discs would get stuck at initializing for rip.
1. Changed: Renamed DVBC frequency table file from "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glentevejens" to "Denmark.Yousee.Odense.Glenten", and a frequency entry in the file was updated. Thanks ABA!
2. Changed: When getting Theater View backdrop images (for movies and TV series) from TheMovieDB, we will attempt to use only the images that are tagged with the language code that matches the default local language. If that fails we will fall back to any language.
3. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search only returns a failure if no matching files are found with the "play" action, otherwise an empty list.
4. Changed: When searching for cover art, if art is found named [Filename] - [Poster] it will be used (so Titanic - Poster.jpg will work for the movie Titanic.mkv).
5. NEW: Added the ability to clean accents (replace Á with A, etc.) to the Clean(...) expression (thanks to blgentry for the help).
6. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
7. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
1. Fixed: Potential fix for a rare crash in Theater View on audio track changes.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.90.
3. NEW: Added an option to back up a disc to the computer using MakeMKV.
4. Changed: Switching profiles will no longer select all titles in the MakeMKV title selection dialog.
1. Fixed: HEIF images from library servers could not be opened.
2. Fixed: The new time-shifting for bda tuners did not clean up the time-shifting folder properly after each session.
3. Fixed: "Clean up time-shifting folders..." tool left .jrtr files in folders.
4. Fixed: Video thumbnails were not always being rotated properly for portrait-style videos.
5. Fixed: "TV Options/Restart Player" context menu item was not available in the new time-shifting for bda TV devices.
6. Fixed: When starting TV in the new time-shifting, the volume was not set properly (requiring an user action to get it right).
7. Fixed: When starting a DMS TV channel, the volume was not set smoothly (often set in two stage, first the full volume, then the correct volume).
8. Changed: Cloudplay pages in MC now support "back" navigation.
9. Fixed: Menu buttons on Cloudplay pages wrap without getting cut off (always shown, no longer collapse).
10. Fixed: Fonts could get cached after DPI/size changes, resulting in the wrong size.
11. NEW: Added an experimental option to enable per-monitor DPI scaling.
12. Fixed: The context menu options "Go To Earliest Time" and "Go To Latest Time" did not work for the new time-shifting.
1. Changed: More tuning of the smooth progress bar.
1. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
2. Changed: In the MakeMKV title selection dialog, checking a title will now check title items based on the profile configuration.
3. Fixed: Ctrl+J (JRVR OSD info) did not work when time-shifting a bda TV device.
4. Fixed: Ctrl+R (JRVR reset) did not work in all types of live TV playback.
5. NEW: JRVR performance profiles can now be selected in the JRVR General settings.
6. Changed: Adjusted the progress bar at track endings a little more.
1. NEW: Added an option to "Rename, Move, & Copy files..." to "Hide unchanged files".
2. Changed: Tweaked TV start up and channel changing with the new time-shifting and fixed the issue of low-stream-rate channel being slow to start.
3. Fixed: The position slider could stop moving near the end of the file.
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.81.
5. Fixed: Clicking "Close" on a tag could reopen the editing if the click was right above the field.
6. NEW: Added support for expert mode profiles when ripping using MakeMKV.
7. Fixed: Channel switching from one ATSC channel to another one on the same transport (i.e. the same major channel) did not work (as if there was no signal).
1. Fixed: Edit fields in the tag window could fail to close when clicking away in the last build.
2. Fixed: Turning off artist images would switch to the previous artist image instead of the cover in build 9.
3. Changed: The new time-shifting with bda devices will stop and discard current channel data before switching to a new channel. Now channel changing works.
4. Improved: Starting of the new time-shifting is significantly faster.
5. NEW: Artist name in Cloudplay track list is a link to Spotlight.
6. Changed: Cloudplay submission email includes year in upload dates.
7. Fixed: When MC was dragged to a different monitor, the new time-shifting playback did not work properly (playback restarted from the beginning and duration was no longer available).
8. Fixed: Gridlines could overflow when a column was frozen.
1. Fixed: Disabling zone switch didn't work in all cases.
2. Changed: Display View displays "Press escape to exit Display View" when stopped.
3. NEW: Added a clear search MCC (MCC_CLEAR_SEARCH_CONTROL / 22042).
4. Changed: URLs are displayed as links in the SSDP utility.
5. Changed: All valid URLs in the SSDP utility can be opened in an external browser.
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.70.
7. Fixed: Turning artist images on and off could result in the wrong cover being displayed.
8. NEW: *.idx subtitle index files can be selected in the Subtitle Browse dialog.
1. Fixed: Tree indent would not be correct when the scale was not 100% in 30.0.7.
2. Fixed: Pane header text would not align properly when the scale was not 100%.
3. Fixed: Switching from time-shifting to non-time-shifting and vice versa did not work properly (with bda TV devices).
4. NEW: Added a FilterForUser to the MCWS/Files/Search call to allow filtering based on the current user.
5. Fixed: Audio Path did not work with TV playback of types DMS, IPTV, and the new time-shifting for bda devices.
6. Changed: In new time-shifting of bda TV devices, the "DirectShow filters" menu will show "JRiver Video Player with JRVR" instead of blank time-shifting player graph.
1. Changed: Reverted the mouse cursor changing when over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
2. Fixed: When syncing to a portable from a client, filenames were not being set correctly.
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 8.65. The tag field for disc number changed to "Disc" from "Disc #" to be more inline with other tools (applies to all APE tags).
4. Changed: The tree expand / collapse markers will respond to clicks for the entire height of the item instead of a slice of the height.
5. NEW: Added a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl;Shift;E) to reset the pane selection (MCC 26023,-1).
6. Fixed: The new bda TV time-shifting would not resize video properly when window was resized.
7. Fixed: Canceled TV recordings on bda devices (ATSC and DVB) were not playable until the program end time had past (stop recording was not done cleanly).
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. Changed: Re-designed the JRVR Scaling settings dialog.
10. NEW: Chroma scaling in JRVR can now be configured independently of image upscaling.
1. Fixed: When closing a tab, the tab layout would not resave so restarting the program would bring the tab back.
2. Fixed: Font settings could get overwritten when using a custom Theater View font, or other secondary custom fonts.
3. NEW: (Experimental) Enabled "Triax SatIP Converter (DMS)" as a DMS TV device. Untested, may or may not work.
4. Changed: The MCWS function Files/Search returns a failure if no matching files are found.
5. Fixed: Volume control did not work in the new TV time-shifting (for ATSC and DVB only).
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. NEW: Added a library backup option (Options > Library & Folder > Thumbnails in library backups) to ask for thumbnails inclusion or just turn them on or off.
8. Fixed: FF/REW did not work with the new TV time-shifting.
9. NEW: The mouse cursor changes to a hand when it's over the expand / collapse arrows in the tree.
10. Fixed: Some Thai characters were not being rendered properly.
11. NEW: Added an SSDP utility in the Media Network section under Services & Plug-ins to scan for and display a list of all network devices and their information.
12. Fixed: The space before a delimiter wasn't being added to artist values in the player window.
13. Fixed: The new digital TV time-shifting might get the time-stamps and duration messed, resulting in seeking not to work.
1. Changed: Font sizes will scale with screen DPI more consistently. (Please report any issues from this change)
2. Changed: List type fields are displayed with a space after the delimiter in the statusbar and playerbar.
3. Changed: Included an updated PixOS skin (thanks EnglishTiger).
4. Changed: When acquiring images from an Android, it could pull files from the trash, thumbnails, recycle bin, etc. Now it skips folder names that begin with a dot.
5. Changed: Changed the way SETUP request is made (this is a work-around of a possible bug in a third-party library) during Sat>IP TV playback.
6. Fixed: The Pause/Play state was not reflected in the GUI when pausing an ATSC/DVB TV channel using the new time-shifting method.
1. Changed: Updated to a v30 redirect so Check For Updates works, etc.
1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
3. Changed: Switched to a discrete clear playing now toolbar image (thanks HPBEME).
4. NEW: Added the /Restart command to the launcher to restart a running Media Center.
5. NEW: Added a toolbar button to allow restarting the program.
1. Changed: During install of a new version, the library is no longer discarded if it points to a library server (but still switches to the default after copying the library if it's a local library).
2. NEW: A new time-shifting method for DirectShow-based TV tuners (digital tuners only, i.e. ATSC, DVB).
3. NEW: Preliminary support for ATSC 3 TV channels.
1. Fixed: The tab text for some views could be inconsistent between when the tab was active and inactive.
2. Fixed: The converter view (opened from the Action Window) didn't have title text.
3. Changed: The recent searches will put the most recent at the top instead of bottom of the menu.
4. NEW: Added recent searches to the search box suggestions.
5. Changed: When a ZoneSwitch rule runs from Theater View, it would not switch the selected Playing Now in Standard View so switching back could switch the zone unexpectedly.