Release Notes MC25
1. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
2. NEW: Threaded the file gathering for CD list controls.
3. Changed: Deleting a library field will select the next list item instead of the first.
4. Changed: Made the default Theater View scale dependent on screen DPI, to better suit 4K displays.
5. Fixed: Panel - The browser login dialog box was appearing again when starting Panel.
6. Fixed: Importing from a memory card as a camera could get the same files over and over in some cases.
7. Changed: Removed adding the date and time to import from WIA devices.
1. Fixed: WIA cameras could import the same files over and over.
1. NEW: DVB-C channel scan option to use Network Information Table (NIT) for frequency list instead of the static data from files.
2. Fixed: Camera acquisition could get the same files over and over from some devices (if you didn't check the option to delete the files).
3. NEW: Made the build thumbnails tool threaded.
4. Changed: Made the lossy to lossless just a warning instead of disabled.
1. Changed: Adjusted the lyrics drawing a little.
2. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.60.
3. Changed: Renamed "Draw Lyrics" to "Display Lyrics".
4. Changed: Removed the left-click start of Artist Images in Playing Now.
5. Fixed: DLNA views and MCWS (for JRemote, etc) could return stale file information instead of properly updating the file list on demand.
6. NEW: DVB-S channel scan option to use Network Information Table (NIT) for frequency list instead of the static data from files.
7. Changed: The converter no longer allows conversion of lossy files to lossless.
8. NEW: Threaded the remove tags feature.
1. NEW: When executing command line commands, if the shift key is pressed it will only act on audio and it will only work on images if control is pressed. This way holding that key down while choosing a Windows Explorer shell extension command will only operate on a certain media type.
2. NEW: Added the right-click command to the playing display to "Draw Lyrics" which will render the lyrics of the playing file next to the cover art.
3. Changed: Made Play Doctor better handle starting on a track with no matching artists or albums.
4. Changed: When playing a television recording in JTV format from a client, "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found" option will be be honored if the recording is already finished. Previously the option is ignored for all JTV files.
5. Changed: On a client with TV channels and EPG setup enabled, the status line in Standard television view will show both the server status and the client status.
6. Changed: Added the memory playback status to Audio Path.
7. Changed: Automatic background EPG loading setting is no longer ignored on clients if "Allow setup on clients" option is on.
8. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.56. It has better support for APE files larger than 2 GB.
9. Fixed: MC did not wake up to perform television recording on clients.
10. Fixed: Blu-ray Menu playback could get stuck in some cases when a video clip started without accompanying audio for a short time.
11. NEW: Panel - Added an audio device select to the settings page when the zone is set to "Player."
12. Changed: Made Find & Replace support expressions so you can, for example, find [Name] and replace it with FixCase([Name],1).
13. NEW: Panel - Added an information tab to the settings page to display some of the library server information.
14. Fixed: Several bugs in the Cloud playlist upload/download process.
15. Fixed: The status of currently recording TV shows were not consistently displayed across the client-server network, i.e. a show recording on a client was not flagged as such on the server, and vice versa.
16. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
17. Changed: Updated 28.2°E satellite frequency table.
18. NEW: Added MCC_MOVE_TAB (30030) to move the current tab left or right (takes a delta as a parameter).
19. NEW: Added a "Quick Search" button to the toolbar customization.
20. NEW: Added subtitle size to the OSD.
21. NEW: Added the options "Start over each album" to the "Fill Track Numbers From List Order" tool.
22. Fixed: Over-the-air EPG scanning left the tuner in initializing state if the corresponding channel list is empty.
23. Fixed: Wavpack DSD bitstreaming wasn't working properly.
24. Fixed: Wavpack files could fail to load the date and track number in some cases.
25. NEW: Added a TV option to "Mark new shows in Theater View with a star in front of show name."
26. NEW: In standard television view a new optional column "New" is added to indicate a show is not re-run.
27. Changed: Made the font size scale with the user size setting.
28. Changed: In standard television view the order in which the optional column names appear in the right-click menu on column headers now matches the order of column placement.
29. Changed: Updated the Chromium web engine for recent security fixes.
30. NEW: Added another site for lyrics lookup.
31. NEW: Added a few new DVB-S satellite data files: 1.9°E BulgariaSat-1, 2.8°E Rascom QAF 1R, and 3.1°E Eutelsat 3B.
32. Fixed: Deleting a file from certain library views would not take effect right away.
33. Changed: Panel - The enter license option in the admin system settings page is now available on all platforms except Android.
34. NEW: The "Update Library (from tags)" tool runs in a thread and just updates the status bar as it works (instead of blocking the program). A cancel button also appears in the bottom toolbar area.
35. NEW: The "Update Tags (from library)" tool was threaded the same way.
1. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
2. Fixed: The audio filename rule wasn't showing for all WPD devices.
3. Changed: Put the test for 4k content in front of the test for Blu-ray, etc. so it will always show when viewing 4k content.
4. Changed: Made the test for 4k content check the width or height instead of only the width.
5. Fixed: Resolved an issue with Blu-ray Menu playback that resulted in certain UHD discs to get stuck on first play before reaching the menu.
6. Fixed: DLNA: When a BrowseDirectChildren or Search request is received for our DLNA server, limit the response to groups of 1000 at a time. Previous builds had no limit resulting in a crash if the number of entries exceeded about 30,000. This was unusual for a Browse, more likely for a Search.
7. NEW: Television channels and EPG can be set up using a client, with the results saved on the server.
8. Changed: When resetting all TV channels from a client, the channel order setting on the server is reset.
9. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.48. It has better handling of corrupt files.
10. NEW: Television tuners on clients are allowed to be used for recording shows to server library.
11. NEW: Added the library field "Zone Last Opened" that gets set to the zone name at playback time.
12. NEW: Added the menu command "Set Seq From Sort" to right-click on the Playing Now list headers so you can sort and then update the order to match the sorting after.
13. NEW: Panel - Added thumbnails to the file list view.
14. NEW: Panel - Added a context menu to some folders with some play options. Use a right-click with a mouse or a long press with a touch device to activate.
15. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the file context menu to delete the file from the library.
16. Changed: Panel - Removed the folder name from the folder context menu.
17. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the sizing of the folder context menu.
18. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
1. Changed: DLNA: Add dsd, dff and dsf to the SOURCEPROTOCOLINFO and SINKPROTOCOLINFO
2. Changed: Made the ideal height of large edit styles in the Tag Action Window use the ideal height of the entire edit instead of just hard-coding 12 lines.
3. NEW: 4k content shows a custom icon in Theater View.
4. Fixed: Panel - Zones were not showing up in the latest version.
5. Changed: Standard View EPG views will be properly updated when new tuner devices (mainly CableCARD tuners) are detected.
6. Changed: Sample rate values for DSD show as DSD64 (1x), DSD128 (2x), etc. instead of showing the full value in hertz.
7. Changed: Made using the sample rate field (with a 1 for formatting for display) show the labeled sample rate and also show DSD sample rates the new way.
8. Changed: Made the default expression for the alternate display use [Sample Rate, 1] so it shows the new way.
9. NEW: Panel - Added thumbnails to the file list views.
10. NEW: In Standard television view, scheduled TV recordings with tuner conflicts are displayed in orange color.
11. Changed: The option for the filename rule on a handheld works with WPD devices as well.
12. Changed: Made the "Import Details" dialog bigger.
13. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Bohác!).
14. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
15. NEW: Introduced "Presets" for conversion profiles. It loads the encoder, the encoder settings, and the DSP settings.
16. Fixed: During ATSC channel scanning MC tried to do OTA EPG loading.
17. Fixed: DLNA renderer, determine bitdepth for L24 from the extended mimetype if not included in the @res
1. NEW: Added HDCD decoding to the Audio Path if it's engaged.
2. NEW: Added the jsxml smartlist format to allow export and import of a smartlist.
3. Changed: Made the formatting of file sizes and the like use the system specified decimal point.
4. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
5. Changed: Made the playlists window in the Tag Action Window use more height when needed.
6. Changed: When the program fails to communicate with a library server, it will show a message about unloading the library.
1. NEW: Added the option "Audio Filename Rule" to Options > Handheld to allow a rule to be set (ie. [Artist] - [Name]).
2. NEW: Added a new relationship to the database to store one for each album artist (auto).
3. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
4. NEW: If the new HDCD field is set to true, the HDCD decoder will engage when playing the file.
5. Changed: Improved Theater View television guide navigation behavior.
6. Changed: PSIParser used with OpenCABLE tuners and some analog tuners will parse PAT sections and map PMT PIDs in a worker thread in an effort to avoid hangs.
7. Changed: Internal change relating to bda television tuners (i.e. ATSC and DVB) in non-time-shifting mode.
8. Changed: Panel - Added filename to the file info display on the Playing Now page.
9. Fixed: Panel - When the Playing Now playlist would finish, it would create an error.
10. Fixed: Panel - Newer versions of Chrome would create an error exiting fullscreen mode when Panel wasn't in fullscreen mode.
11. Fixed: Panel - Panel would keep refreshing if a page contained a lot of folders that only contained folders.
1. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
2. Fixed: Some web requests (ie. Get Movie & TV Info and others) could fail in 25.0.5.
3. Changed: Search with the panes works again (instead of resetting the selection).
4. Changed: Added the option to "Show playlist groups as collection" to Options > General > Advanced to show the collection of files instead of the individual sum of all the files.
5. Changed: "Import / Export" on TV Recording Rules editor will include "Video Quality Preference" modifier.
6. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
7. Changed: More tweaks in Standard view EPG when displaying currently "Showing" programs.
8. Fixed: Theater View right-click menus didn't look correct when tooltip transparency was turned off.
9. Fixed: The feature for uploading a playlist to the cloud was not working.
10. Changed: Added the right-click command "Add To Zone Group" when right-clicking a zone (instead of only on the root of all zones).
11. Changed: The command to set a zone's art from the clipboard disables when there's no art on the clipboard.
12. Fixed: Some malformed raw AAC audio files could not be played.
13. Fixed: Doing a locate command on a set of files in a library view will locate in the same view instead of switching to the last loaded view (which could be different in split view configurations).
1. Fixed: Clicking the star rating in an inactive tab would activate the tab, resize the tree, and make the click go to a different area. Now the click is handled and then the tree resizes.
2. NEW: Added "Series ID" and "Custom" to television subscription rule editor.
3. NEW: Added a Hungarian translation (thanks pimpolo).
4. Changed: Media Center decompresses gzip-encoded web transfers in memory, instead of using temporary files, resulting in better performance and more stability
5. NEW: Added the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+X to randomly select a single item in a list.
6. Changed: In Standard Television EPG view, the shows that are currently showing (time is displayed as "Showing") but are started on previous date will have the date suppressed to avoid confusion.
7. Changed: In Standard Television EPG view, if the EPG's start time is not current time (user selected a future date, or future time from the drop-down lists for instance), the time shown in Time column will be the actual program start time, instead of the EPG start time.
8. Changed: Renamed "Internet Artist Images" to "Artist Images".
9. NEW: Enabled "Import / Export" button on TV Recording Rule editor to allow importing / exporting of TV recording rules, or free-hand editing of the rules by advanced users.
1. Changed: The command Play Trailer will act on the currently selected files when used as a most recent command instead of the last files.
2. Fixed: Some test code was accidentally built into build 3 that would mess up ATSC TV Closed Captioning.
3. Changed: Saving TV channel order on a client will save the result on server.
4. Changed: Made the new image loader handle load image failures better.
5. Changed: Added the artists Heart and Texas to the ArtistSearch file so they will get better matches.
6. Changed: "Setup" and "Load Program Guide" on TV Options are disabled when MC is running in client mode.
7. NEW: Panel - Added support for saving playlists. When selecting 'Save Playlist' from the additional options menu, it will grab the list in Playing Now for the current zone and save it with the name the user provides.
8. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the settings page to set how the sub-folder count is indicated. Currently defaults to hidden.
9. Changed: Panel - Moved the shuffle and repeat buttons to the additional options menu on the Playing Now page.
10. NEW: "TV Channels" context menu during live TV playback, for changing channels using the mouse.
11. Fixed: Properly invoke the WebMedia functionality for Radio Swiss Jazz.
12. Fixed: Made the tool "Get Movie & TV Info" remember settings between runs.
1. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
2. Changed: Added a few more small edge cropping values (0.25%, 0.50%, 0.75%).
3. Changed: Added some logging to help diagnose a rare hang when stopping TV.
4. Changed: Made the MCWS function Playback/PlayByKey take an array of keys (separated by comma) instead of only a single key.
5. Fixed: Made the /AudioCD command work.
6. Changed: Added the right-click menu command "Play Trailer" to any video that has a trailer (also shows when you click "Menu" on a thumbnail).
7. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.44. It has a faster CRC and faster buffer handling.
8. NEW: Added the right-click command "Internet Cover Art..." to the playback display to load images from online.
9. NEW: Provisional TV subscription recordings (those tentatively scheduled to be recorded in case another instance of the same show is not recorded) get a different colored icon in Standard View and in Theater View.
10. Changed: A single left-click on the playback display area switches to the new "Internet Cover Art..." mode.
11. NEW: Added the command "Delete Recent Searches" to the search control (if there are recents saved).
12. NEW: Added an option to "Run selected profiles now in silent mode" on EPG loading dialog window.
13. Changed: Made the "Internet Cover Art" option a menu item you can check and uncheck (to allow stopping).
1. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
2. Changed: Reworked the wording of some strings in the translation to remove HTML style tags and the like.
3. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
4. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/Build to take a set of file keys and a playlist path and builds the playlist.
5. Changed: In television channel scan or re-scan it is now optional to include channel numbers in the front of the channel names.
6. Changed: Updated the WDM driver to Media Center 25.
7. Changed: Updated all the licensing and purchasing code to version 25.
1. NEW: Added the database field "Trailer" to specify a movie trailer.
2. NEW: During online lookup, TheMovieDB now loads the trailers for a movie.
3. Changed: When loading URLs from the "Open URL" dialog, they are run through the web media engine so things like YouTube URLs will be handled nicely.
4. NEW: Added "Trailer" to the Theater View menu on a movie when the movie has a trailer.
5. NEW: Made the pane selection persist between runs if you start in the last location.
6. NEW: Added a link to the top of the log to the logging wiki article.
7. Changed: Made the Registration Information dialog a little wider to avoid truncation on the button.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
10. Changed: Sleeping after serving a file will be allowed after 5 seconds instead of 20 minutes.
11. Changed: New paths are entered at the front of the list instead of the tail so they won't get trimmed in the Rename, Move, & Copy dialog.
12. NEW: Added a "Remove All" selection to the path dialog in the Rename, Move & Copy dialog.
13. NEW: Live TV in time-shifting mode or TV recordings in JTV format will have full support of switching among multiple DVB Subtitles properly.
14. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
15. Changed: Updated the SoX Resampler to the latest version, for increased performance by using SSE and AVX.
16. Changed: Updated GnuTLS, offering support for TLS 1.3 and latest security improvements.
17. Changed: Updated the Chromium Web Engine to the latest version on all platforms.
18. Changed: When connected to a library server, import will no longer run.
19. [NEW: Added the ability to set the playlist group to the right-click menu on a playlist.
20. Fixed: Right-clicking a pane value could crash if it pointed to an invalid file.
21. NEW: Added TV recording disk space status in Standard TV view's status line.
22. Changed: Add more info to the database for Radio Paradise. BITDEPTH, COMPRESSION, etc.
23. Changed: Don't try to make thumbnails for streaming media files (cover art still works).
24. Changed: Don't try to read length on streaming files in the current zone when sending DLNA event updates.
25. Removed: The Legacy D3D9 Theater View mode has been removed in favor of the ANGLE-driven Theater View which uses either D3D9 or D3D11.
26. Changed: The picture-in-picture (showing currently playing TV video while navigating TV guide in Theater view) is consistently shown for all TV guide grids. Previously it was shown only for default views (Guide, Favorite, and Time), now it is shown for custom locations as well.
27. Fixed: TV guide in Theater View, especially "Search" and "Time" views, could be extremely slow (non-reponsive) due to a TV station broadcasting a fake program entry for a date far into the future (like the year 2087!).
28. NEW: Added a "Lookup Lyrics" feature.
29. Changed: Expanded the allowed customized positions of television guide in Theater View for the "Guide" button on remote control to work. Now the allowed positions are "Video\Guide" (default), "Televsion\Guide", "TV\Guide", "Guide" (previously allowed customization), and "Television" or "TV" (newly allowed).
30. Changed: On clients the Standard view television status line shows status text of the server, instead of the client.