Release Notes MC19
1. Fixed: The installer would always register the 64-bit shell extensions, leading to cases where shell extensions could show in Explorer when the option was off in MC (manually turn on, OK out of options, then turn off, and OK out of options to fix).
2. Fixed: The custom library backup path validation could unnecessarily create the default folder.
3. Changed: Rewrote several core MMX image manipulation routines in SSE (most around 2x faster and now work cross platform).
4. Fixed: The visual mouse over state for an edit control would not always be honored properly.
5. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode normalizes on a per-track basis when Volume Leveling is off and on a per-playlist basis when Volume Leveling is on.
6. Fixed: WPD camera acquisition could fail in the last few builds due to the internal COM changes.
7. Changed: MC has a white list of device names that support system volume while bitstreaming, and no longer disables the system volume slider when playing to these devices (if you have a device like this, please provide details).
8. Fixed: Audio device names with pipes or backslashes in them could cause problems in Options > Audio.
9. Changed: Added experimental support for ASIO DSD output to devices that do not specify a DSD buffer format like Teac, maybe others (feedback appreciated).
10. Fixed: If auto-import got canceled while analyzing audio, it would record it as an error and not try again for a year.
11. Fixed: Column auto-sizing was not working in some areas.
12. Fixed: The projection aspect ratio was inconsistent when switching between some 3d visualizations.
1. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
2. Changed: The CSV text copied to the clipboard when copying from a list uses tab instead of comma as the delimiter.
3. Fixed: Playing YouTube videos, MC would not resume playback after entering buffering state.
4. Changed: Switched convolution based image effects (sharpen, emboss, etc.) to use SSE instead of MMX (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: MC will now read and write replay gain (Volume Level) tags in Windows Media files.
6. Fixed: Loopback was not working in the last couple builds due to internal COM changes.
1. NEW: Added native support for little-endian PCM AIFF files (previously only the more common big-endian or floating point AIFF files were supported natively).
2. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard generated RFC 4180 compliant CSV data (previously some special characters, newlines, etc. were not formatted for RFC 4180 compliance).
3. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard puts CSV into the text area of the clipboard (instead of having different text and CSV formats).
4. Fixed: If something triggered a Standard View view switch while Theater View was showing, it could steal the keyboard / remote focus.
5. Fixed: MC could not read and write replay gain tags in APE tags that used replaygain_track_gain style naming.
6. Changed: MC no longer adjust replay gain value internally by 6 dB (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
1. Fixed: Seeking during YouTube playback could cause extremely slow network traffic from the server.
2. Fixed: After acquiring images from a camera, the program would not always update and show the 'Recently Acquired' playlist.
3. Fixed: TiVo Server could fail to run in some cases in the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Several issues from COM changes in build 34.
5. Changed: More tweaks to Noire skin.
6. Changed: Adaptive Volume is locked at the #2 position in DSP Studio (Output Format, Volume Levelling, and Adaptive Volume happen at the front of the audio chain, other effects happen JIT at the end).
7. Changed: The automatic library backup system will switch to the default backup location when a user specified folder is no longer valid.
8. Changed: Help > System Info was missing the device manager information on Windows 8.
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/Played function to update play stats, Scrobble, etc.
10. SDK: All MCWS/v1/File/* functions accept a library key or filename (to use a filename, set FileType to Filename).
11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.
1. Fixed: Doing a YADB track lookup could hang when using a file that required DirectShow for decoding.
2. Changed: DVD rips now use Carnac for better decoding of series/season/disc# information in disc volume name.
3. Internal: Made usage of COM opt-in instead of opt-out for worker threads. Please report any issues.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Some phrases were not translated.
6. NEW: MC can record television channels on CableCARD devices in transport stream (.ts) format.
7. Changed: Improved internal engine quality when playing 2x DSD input, using processing, and outputting 2x DSD.
8. Faster: Improvements to DSD output encoding to reduce the chance of buffer shortfalls.
1. Fixed: Adaptive volume would sometimes not apply (fixed) volume adjustment on already analyzed files.
2. Fixed: The Direct Sound buffering slider wouldn't save the value.
3. Changed: Additional updates to the default Noire skin.
4. Changed: Added some logging to the ASIO driver to trouble-shoot hosts that load the driver but don't actually use it (which can cause MC to launch).
5. Changed: SRT subtitles suppress mystery <32> and <35> markers used by Swedish public television.
6. Fixed: When the system short date format used the month as a string instead of a number, it could cause date parsing to make incorrect guesses with regards to day and month ordering for ambiguous dates like '3-4'.
7. Changed: Date parsing of three numbers (like 3-4-12 or 2012.3.4) will always assume the ordering matches the system default (unless it's a clear variant like year.month.day).
8. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
1. Changed: Added support for viewing CMYK JPEG files.
2. Changed: Media Network authentication tokens last three days instead of two hours (so coming back to Gizmo after inactivity works better).
3. Fixed: MC will no longer crash when importing videos with the "folder.jpg" in the folder above it.
1. Fixed: The text <font> could appear in Theater View captions in build 30.
2. Fixed: Volume Leveling could be applied when playing to a DLNA device, even if it was turned off in Options > Media Network.
1. Faster: When calling the web service for images, when png is requested but no transparency is in the image, a high quality jpeg will be returned instead (makes Gizmo browsing faster).
2. Fixed: Mp4 files with embedded images were not always using the image as the thumbnail.
3. Fixed: The JRiver ASIO driver installed by MC19 could cause problems in MC18.
4. Fixed: When switching tracks with some between track modes, ASIO output could fall out of DoP mode for a split second.
5. Fixed: Deleting the last image from a slideshow could lead to a crash.
6. Changed: Text drawing system no longer supports "<font" markers without a space after them (ie. the correct <font size="150%"> works but the incorrect <fontsize="150%"> will no longer work).
7. Fixed: Playback stats were not being tracked for image playback.
1. NEW: Freshened the look of the default Noire skin.
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start if a different version of Media Center was used last.
3. Changed: When searching for sidecar artwork, instead of searching only for Folder.jpg, the program will find Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg, Front.jpg (and also any image extension like .jpeg, .png, etc.).
4. Changed: When scanning for television channels, the tuner type is automatically selected according to user configured tuner type of the first non-disabled tuner in the list, instead of always defaulting to "ATSC".
5. Changed: Removed the appearance selection page from the installer.
6. Fixed: Using the new group expressions in Theater View could cause 'circular reference' errors to appear in some cases.
7. Changed: When the Analyze Audio tool is being run manually (ie. not part of auto-import), it will prevent the system from going to sleep.
8. Fixed: Tooltips in edit controls were not showing reliably (making it hard to get context sensitive help when editing expressions).
9. NEW: The target latency for live playback (WASAPI loopback, ASIO line-in, JRiver ASIO driver) can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency (remember that the output latency from Options > Audio > Device settings... is added to this latency).
10. Fixed: DVD Video burning was not working for longer duration video files.
11. Changed: .rec files will now be recognized and played.
1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)
1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.
1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.
1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up.
1. Fixed: The audio analyzer was not properly returning per-channel peaks.
2. NEW: JRSS downmixing uses per-channel peak levels from audio analysis when they're available to make a better determination about how much (if any) volume reduction is required to prevent clipping after the downmix.
3. Changed: The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' roller items do not appear in Theater View when the volume is in disabled mode.
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).
5. Changed: Doing a Camera acquire shows a playlist 'Recently Acquired' that contains only images acquired in the last hour (like other recent playlists, it is automatically cleaned up after a few days).
1. Fixed: When non-analyzable files were added to the analyzer, the program would dead-lock when showing the error dialog.
2. Changed: Added int(...), frac(...), round(...), and trunc(...) to the math evaluator (used in expressions, visualizations, etc.).
3. Changed: The math evaluator is double-precision (64-bit) instead of single-precision (32-bit) for floating point operations.
4. Changed: The option to not draw frames on image thumbnails is honored in grouped details lists (previously it was only honored in thumbnail lists).
5. Fixed: File creation could fail in build 19.0.22, causing several possible strange problems.
1. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that have copyright atom could cause MC to crash.
2. Changed: Vertical scrollbars are positioned inside the column header in a list instead of over it (allows a cleaner look with some skins and is logical since the column header doesn't scroll).
3. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
4. Fixed: MC did not write copyright tag to mp4 files.
5. Changed: MC will try reading copyright tag from a second location in mp4 files if the ISO-defined 'cprt' atom does not exist.
6. Changed: The list editing widget (used for editing keywords, etc.) puts the 'Add' box at the bottom and moves the instructions into the box for a cleaner alignment and less chance for the suggestions when adding to obscure the existing list.
7. Faster: File I/O adds a buffering layer that engages when small reads are performed so that underlying reads are never too small (a real world example where this helps is with FLAC playback over some types of wireless networks).
1. Changed: The audio analyzer considers a file analyzed if it has a 'Volume Level (R128)' and 'Peak Level (R128)' value.
2. Faster: Analyzing files to decide what playback / decoding method to use is faster (makes opening the Analyze Audio dialog with lots of files faster).
3. Fixed: Files with a peak level of 0.0 dB could incorrectly be marked as needing analysis.
4. Changed: The standard ReplayGain volume level and peak level tags will not be written to tags if tagging is turned off for the corresponding MC fields 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' and 'Peak Level (Sample)'.
1. Changed: Memory playback gracefully handles cases where memory allocation fails.
2. Changed: Added 'Peak Level (Sample)' field to report the peak level found in an actual sample value (doesn't account for inter-peak overs like R128 TruePeak).
3. Changed: Added 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' that will be filled from tags or an old MC library on import.
4. Changed: After analyzing a file, the 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' field and tag will be filled with a ReplayGain v2 value (which is the R128 level with a +5dB adjustment).
5. Changed: When a file has a 'Peak Level (Sample)' value and no 'Peak Level (R128)' value, the sample peak will be used (with 1.5dB extra headroom added to make it more similar to R128 True Peak).
6. Changed: When a file has a 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' value and no 'Volume Level (R128)' value, the ReplayGain value will be used with Volume Leveling (adjusted by -5dB to make it more similar to an R128 value).
7. Changed: Removed some unneeded COM initialization / uninitialization from Media Network server threads (might help with ole32.dll crashes during idle).
1. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache was not enabled for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: The 'Check for Updates' Action Window could use the wrong button width for the button (may also apply to other places where the button text changes dynamically).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
1. Fixed: A few 3d visualizations were not working properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
2. Changed: Removed 3d text visualization (it's no longer possible to create a 3d mesh from text using the D3DX helper).
1. Changed: When getting thumbnails JRWorker will test-load the image embedded in mp4 files, and if not valid, will fall back to capturing an image from the video.
2. Changed: JPEG tag padding is stored as an APP9 segment instead of an APP14 segment because some Android devices would not properly handle an APP14 block that contained empty data.
3. Fixed: The option to start playback of the current playlist would not work when MC was configured to start when Windows loaded.
4. Internal: Switched most of the math used by hardware accelerated drawing away from D3DX to JRiver code (please report any new issues with Theater View, etc.).
1. Changed: JPEG tagging would fail to read IPTC tags from newer versions of Photoshop.
2. Changed: The tag dump for JPEG files in the Tag Action Window shows the full file structure (list of JPEG segments, with a little information about each segment).
3. Changed: JPEG tagging understands APP15 segments filled with 0xFF bytes and considers them padding that can be removed on tag save (not sure what program writes them).
4. Changed: JPEG tagging always uses a consistent segment order: JFIF (if present), EXIF, XMP, IPTC, MJMD, Padding, other App blocks (if present), image data.
5. Changed: Removing tags on a JPEG removes the XMP, IPTC, MJMD, and Padding segments (but leaves the EXIF block).
6. Fixed: Importing mp4 video files with embedded tags did not get additional tags (for example Aspect Ratio) that were not already in the file.
1. Changed: Hooked up new R128 volume leveling for handhelds, DLNA, and file conversion.
2. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.2 (thanks nevcairiel).
3. Changed: Revised how presets are saved and loaded in DSP Studio > Equalizer to hopefully be more clear.
4. Fixed: The tag dump in the Action Window would be blank when showing for the first file.
1. Faster: True Peak analyzer when using SSE on 44.1 and 48 kHz content is about 20% faster.
2. Changed: Ripping and burning now use the updated R128 audio analysis.
3. Changed: When volume leveling is enabled but applying no change, it will still show in Audio Path as +0.0dB.
4. Changed: When using album gain for R128, the loudest track in a cluster will define the gain instead of the average (since quiet tracks may call for a gain unachievable by loud tracks due to their peak level).
5. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 volume is saved into the existing Replay Gain field (using a +5.0dB shift, as per Replay Gain v2 / David Robinson).
6. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 peak level is saved into the standard 'Peak Level' field (converted from decibels to a percent and stored like '0.944').
7. Faster: ListCombine(...) expression is faster.
8. Fixed: JTV video conversion lip-sync problem.
1. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for videos except for when the Media Sub Type is set to Music Video.
2. Fixed: Direct Sound playback would not work with devices that didn't support 24-bit audio.
3. Fixed: Video width and height fields could be filled incorrectly.
4. Fixed: When converting from some jtv television recordings, the converted files would have incorrect aspect ratio. Make sure you correct width and height problem first (see 2. above) before retry conversion.
5. Changed: Video width and height values in the database are applied before playing jtv files so videos will not be played at wrong aspect ratio briefly at the beginning.
6. Changed: Switched from htbackdrops.com to htbackdrops.org (their updated site) as a source for some Theater View online media backdrops.
7. Fixed: Audio Analysis was running a core audio engine thread at a higher thread priority than intended, causing possible playback or system performance issues while analyzing.
8. Changed: DST decompression (used by DSD, CPU expensive) automatically adjusts the thread priorities used for decoding based on the caller's priority (so DSD background analysis, etc. has less impact on system responsiveness).
9. Changed: Improvements to how memory playback manages CPU load when decoding demanding sources like DST compressed DSD.
10. Fixed: The ISO media type detector was not getting some ISO files correct.
11. NEW: Video aspect ratio is imported during thumbnailing.
12. NEW: Theater View fades down the user interface elements after 90 seconds of inactivity to prevent burn in (optional in Options > Theater View > Behavior).
13. NEW: Volume Leveling accounts for volume changes from JRSS downmixing, so that mixing different channel count content will provide a more consistent volume level.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View while the 'News' view was loading could crash in some cases.
15. Faster: R128 True Peak analysis uses a new brickwall FIR lowpass when upsampling that's much faster (readings will be mostly the same but could vary by up to 0.2dB from the previous resampler).
16. Faster: R128 True Peak uses SSE instructions when possible to help performance.
1. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output added to DSP Studio > Output Format (requires ASIO connection to 2xDSD capable DAC) (real-time DSD encoding not available for video playback).
2. Changed: Renamed 'Peak Level' field to 'Peak Level (R128)' and changed the units in the field to 'dBTP' from 'dB' to better indicate the values are R128 True Peak values (sorry, but this will require files to be reanalyzed).
3. Fixed: Some BD ISO files were not being properly imported as movies.
4. Fixed: Selecting a Direct Sound output mode was not working properly.
5. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.1.
6. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.86.9.
7. Fixed: While playing a currently recording television show in transport stream format MC would play the ts file instead of going to the tuner that was doing the recording.
8. Fixed: MC could hang upon stopping when playing a video over the network (Library server, or YouTube etc.).
9. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for Podcasts.
1. NEW: Real-time DSD output for any content is possible using DSP Studio > Output Format > Output Encoding.
2. Changed: Tuned the program startup loader thread so that background tools begin running more quickly.
3. Fixed: Audio analysis fields were not visible in video views.
4. Changed: When importing ISO files of DVD or Bluray discs, the program will automatically mark them as Video / Movie for a media type, and search for sidecar cover art.
5. Fixed: OGG import could crash.
6. Changed: 'Peak Level' values calculated by the audio analyzer are R128 True Peak values.
7. Changed: Volume Leveling and Adaptive Volume in Peak Level Normalize mode target -1.0dB instead of 0.0dB (as per R128 recommendations).
8. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
9. Fixed: With memory playback enabled, seeking forward in a track after the track had been fully cached could advance to the next track instead of seeking.
10. Fixed: Seeks could be unnecessarily slow when using memory playback.
11. Changed: Peak Level analysis uses -144.0 dB as a minimum.
12. Fixed: In some cases the output plugin settings in Options > Audio were not being configured for the correct zone.
13. Changed: When starting in Media Server mode, the program more quickly gets servers and TV recording running.
14. Fixed: "jpeg" is now an allowable format for cover art.
15. Fixed: The television recording conflicts warning did not work properly when stacked channels were involved.
1. Fixed: 'Analyze Audio' was not available in the right-click menu for video files.
2. Changed: The internal library version has been incremented. It will no longer be possible to load a library from this version with an older version.
3. Changed: Revised the data type of the 'Peak Level' field so that it uses decibels and contains per-channel peak levels.
4. Changed: Removed Replay Gain fields, since Replay Gain has been replaced by R128.
5. Changed: Bumped up PIX01 limits to 200 images and 6 videos per gallery. Maximum gallery size is 600M.
6. Fixed: Server serving live television programs to clients did not work with the new channel stack system.
7. Fixed: A few possible cases where background threads that showed user interface could hang or cause a focus shift.
8. Changed: Added additional logging to the search suggestion system to help debug performance issues on some machines.
9. Fixed: R128 Dynamic Range analysis was not handling gating properly in build 19.0.9, leading to incorrect readings in some cases.
10. Changed: When parsing strings into numbers, parsing math expressions, etc. both types of minus will be honored ('-' and '‒').
12. Changed: Improved how Adaptive Volume reports in Audio Path, including more detail and the current volume change.
10. Changed: DLNA added missing evented variable.
11. Fixed: DLNA renderer wasn't sending events on track change when used with a controller that supported SetNextAVTransportURI (Media Steersman).
12. NEW: Added FirstNotEmpty(...) expression function to output the first value that is not empty from a variable size argument list.
13. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlists/Add function to the web service to allow playlists and smartlists to be added.
14. Changed: Switched the naming in the audio / video bitrate monitoring filters used during video playback to 'JRiver' from the older 'J. River'.
15. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Zones/Unlink was not working properly.
16. Changed: When searching in Options, the available choices are also searched for most options instead of only the selected option (not available for all options, since some lists are built on demand when they're opened).
1. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
2. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
3. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
4. Fixed: When the mouse left a list, the mouse-over selection state could stay visible in certain cases.
5. Fixed: The installer could fail during a fresh install in some cases.
6. Changed: Removed MPL v1 parsing support (JRiver has been writing MPL v2 for many years).
7. Changed: Removed legacy MJMETADATA tag save / load code (not used since around MJ8).
8. Changed: Removed support for loading MJ8 libraries directly (please use MC18 to upgrade then migrate, or else just import files again).
9. NEW: R128 loudness (LU) and dynamic range (LRA) calculations are part of audio analysis.
10. Changed: DSP Studio > Volume Leveling is now built on top of R128 instead of ReplayGain.
11. NEW: Analyze Audio for video]
12. Fixed: Right-click menu and some other popup windows was prematurely destroyed when CableCARD television tuner devices were involved.
1. Fixed: Message box message "This feature is only available to Last.fm subscribers." was not translated.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: Typing in the Options search box could temporarily shift focus, causing the first letter to get replaced by the second letter.
4. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
5. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
6. NEW: Media Center uses LibRaw for RAW image decoding and analyzing (thanks LibRaw, Alex Tutubalin, and Dave Coffin).
7. Changed: Media Center will prevent the system from going to sleep while doing a handheld transfer.
8. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"
9. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
10. NEW: Television channel stacking. Channels that carry the same programs can be stacked into a channel pool. Only the stack top is visible in UI.
11. Fixed: In Performer Store, following purchase of an album, the list of available assets for that album could be incorrect and the price for a track could be listed the same as the album price.
12. Changed: RAW image decoding uses the white balance as shot by the camera instead of always using 'Daylight' white balance.
13. Fixed: Server computer would not go to sleep after serving live television to clients.
14. Fixed: Movie ripping was not working at all in recent builds.
15. Changed: Movie rip action window is now closed immediately after a cancel confirm pop-up or a ripping error pop-up was shown.
16. Fixed: If a movie rip was aborted due to lack of disk space, the action window could appear to be stuck.
17. Fixed: MC could crash when stopping playing a CableCARD tuner, especially in Red October HQ.
1. NEW: When configuring playback options (audio, video, image), the dialog will clearly show what zone is being configured and allow switching the zone.
2. NEW: Remote zones (DLNA renderers and Library Server zones) better message and disable things that are not possible like Options > Audio, DSP Studio, volume modes, etc.
3. Changed: Changed several video options to zone-specific (Red October mode, edge cropping, default aspect ratio, hardware acceleration).
4. Changed: ASIO stores the active device based on the CLSID of the driver instead of the index so that changing installed ASIO drivers won't break configured zones.
5. NEW: Revised how output modes and devices are selected in Options > Audio.
6. Fixed: Some Action Window pages would not show their controls properly after minimizing and restoring.
7. Changed: When displaying the name of a device in Options > Audio, a cleaner will be run so Windows names like 'Speakers (2- AudioQuest DragonFly)' will show more cleanly as 'AudioQuest DragonFly'.
8. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
9. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis"
10. Fixed: Fast MP3 encoding (using Go-Go) would not work when the input file was not 16-bit.
11. NEW: Startup and inter track silence will be honored when bitstreaming DSD.
12. Changed: Added another method for catching media keys so that 'Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center' won't stop media keys from working when the program doesn't have the focus.
1. Fixed: HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuners did not work.
2. Faster: Optimizations to core string engine, helping performance in many areas of the program.
3. Faster: The sorting system used when dealing with category items (albums, artists, etc.) is faster at dealing with numeric sorts.
4. Changed: Added a tooltip to the 'Cover View' button at the top right of library views.
5. Changed: Internal consolidation in the user interface library to remove some legacy (and no longer needed) systems.
6. Fixed: Image editing could lead to a crash on shutdown.
7. Changed: Converted audio files will no longer have the audio analysis values (Replay Gain, etc.) copied from the source file (the encoding could have changed the correct values).
8. Fixed: Moving the mouse while the sort all / inside groups menu was showing would incorrectly simulate a column header drag.
9. Fixed: 3d objects in Theater View were not drawing properly on some XP machines.
10. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
11. Fixed: The quick find toolbar in a list (F3) didn't look nice with the Black on Black skin.
12. Faster: Work to reduce the number of timers running to check things, update things, etc. (the idle timer load is now about 6x smaller than it was before).
13. Fixed: The 'Help' button in Options could go to the wrong page in some cases.
14. Fixed: On Edit Channel list dialog some channel details were not shown for QAM and CableCARD channels.
15. NEW: When adding a zone, it's possible to copy the settings from an existing zone to the new zone.
16. NEW: When a column header is not wide enough to show all of its text, a truncation tooltip will be shown.
1. Changed: Reduced the latency of the JRiver ASIO driver.
2. Changed: Lists now allow two expression columns to be added that use the same expression (or that both have empty expressions).
3. Changed: When returning to Theater View, if the previously selected list index has a different name (due to database changes, etc.) the selection will reset to the top of the list.
4. Fixed: Some commands on the right-click menu of a zone to control Zone Linking could operate on the current zone instead of the right-clicked zone.
5. Changed: The input stage of the playback engine has one fourth the latency (now about 1.5ms at 44.1kHz, down from 5.8ms).
6. Changed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates a little more.
7. Faster: Revised the layout engine used for user interface and views so that it won't hide and reshow a control unnecessarily during a layout.
8. Fixed: Clicking off a pending Tag Action Window change onto a list could discard the click on the list.
1. Fixed: Accepting an edit control suggestion could lead to a crash.
2. Fixed: The 64-bit ASIO driver would not register properly on a clean install.
3. Changed: When playing mono (1 channel) audio, Parametric Equalizer will treat the mono channel as 'Left' so that it's possible to manipulate these streams.
4. Fixed: The Tag Action Window could flicker during resizing.
5. Fixed: A menu or combobox list would not always go away properly when activating a different window.
6. Fixed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates.
7. Changed: Improved how latency is managed for ASIO driver playback.
8. Changed: Added 5ms as possible buffer size choices for WASAPI and ASIO.
9. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom. We now ignore the strange data.
1. Changed: ASIO always rolls silence on pause similar to WASAPI (instead of this being a user option).
2. Changed: The ASIO buffer size configuration uses a combobox instead of a slider for buffer sizes.
3. NEW: Added SaveAdd(...) expression function to make it easier to add numeric or string values to an existing variable.
4. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working after some Hulu site changes.
5. Fixed: A relative path that starts with a backslash could incorrectly end up with a filename that had two backslashes after the drive.
6. Changed: Integer numeric fields will better support large values (greater than 2 billion).
7. Fixed: JRSS downmixing was not always energy neutral when downmixing to mono.
8. Fixed: The 12th Car Radio button was not working.
9. Changed: Updated the internal core JRiver redirect for v19.
10. Fixed: Playback of certain streaming video could lead to crash.
11. Fixed: MC will no longer hang when trying to connect to a media server with a password. 12. NEW: Memory playback caches decoded data instead of encoded data (meaning all forms of lossless are identical in memory and resource usage during playback).
13. Changed: The Playing Now / Playing From tree items will only auto-expand one time each run, so after collapsing the 'Playing Now' tree item it will not reopen automatically.
1. NEW: Added ASIO driver to allow using the JRiver engine for playback from other programs.
2. Changed: Updated splash screen, about box, etc. for v19.
3. Fixed: A few migration issues from the change to v18.
First build of MC19