Difference between revisions of "Release Notes MC19"
(19.0.120 Windows release)
(19.0.121 Windows release)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''19.0.120 (3/4/2014)'''<br />
'''19.0.120 (3/4/2014)'''<br />
1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.<br />
1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.<br />
Revision as of 11:21, 11 March 2014
1. Fixed: Audio Streams using LPCM or E-AC3 were showing "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Video files without audio mistakenly had a "audio: unknown codec" in the Compression field.
3. Fixed: The "Subtitles" page in the OSD was shown even when no subtitles are available.
4. Fixed: Handling a corrupt FLAC file could cause import, analysis and playback to hang.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.1.
6. Fixed: Playback of NTSC DVDs and DVD rips was not smooth on some systems.
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Fixed: Converting 2xDSD to 1xDSD caused the audio to become distorted.
9. NEW: MC's TV supports multiple Set Top Boxes (STB). Instructions
1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would not have correct duration and starting position when played on client computers.
3. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would take an extremely long time to start on client computers.
4. Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Fixed: Importing .mts files in a AVCHD folder structure did not work.
7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.
8. Fixed: The Import dialog could hang on close on systems with a lot of drives and media locations.
9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. Fixed: 4 Channel Quadraphonic output over WASAPI was not working on some audio devices.
12. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61 (a lot of fixes for DXVA2 hardware acceleration).
13. Changed: Hardware accelerated decoding on Intel iGPU's uses DXVA2 decoding instead of the QuickSync decoder when possible.
14. Changed: DTS-HD audio tracks are identified as DTS-HD in the Compression field.
1. Changed: The MimeType for MK3D files should be "video/x-matroska-3d".
2. Fixed: If we missed an event from a DLNA device we would never do a real status call to figure out the play state.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, the display settings changer allowed changing to a mode which is not supported by the monitor.
4. Fixed: Importing a playlist which updated tags on existing files cleared the thumbnails of the modified files.
5. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/Browse/Image function always returns a high-resolution image, if requested.
6. Fixed: Playing from a Library Server with video conversion active could cause the video to get stuck at end of file.
7. Fixed: Playing a new track while paused will no longer trigger a fade, which caused the old file to be played briefly again.
8. Fixed: URL parsing did not properly handle the case of multiple escape sequences in a row (ie. %25%20).
9. Changed: In addition to "movie" and "movies", keywords "film", "films", as well as their corresponding translated versions are used to determine whether a television program is a movie.
10. Changed: Both "Quality" and "Strength" are included in OSD display of "Signal" for television playback.
1. Changed: In television signal OSD, "Strength" is renamed to "Quality" because that is what it actually is.
2. Fixed: Theater View Skins with a video background could cause Theater View to hang or crash.
3. Changed: Added the "mk3d" file association for MKV files with 3D content.
4. Fixed: Video conversion and streaming of WMV files was not working properly.
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Fixed: Converting a compound audio file (WAV/ISO + CUE) with "Replace original file" set would delete the original file after the first track finished, and fail converting all other tracks.
8. Fixed: Using a "|" character in an expression in the "Customize Display" dialog in Standard View caused the expression to be cut-off.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
10. Fixed: MC would not wake up to do television recordings if the computer was put to sleep through Theater view's "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..." menu.
11. Changed: Added a frequency entry in the satellite frequency table for 28.2° East satellite, and modified a few existing entries.
12. Changed: Hardware Accelerated Decoding for TV should now behave similar to file playback.
1. Fixed: The Display Settings changer didn't properly set 24 or 60 Hz resolutions on Windows 8 or 8.1, always resulting in 23 or 59 Hz instead.
2. Changed: The Custom Display Settings changer configuration lists the available modes in a hierarchical fashion instead of a long list, for easier access.
3. Fixed: In television Guide in Theater view, moving down the guide grid from the last row would wrap over to the second row instead of the first row.
4. Fixed: Punctuation or Numbers could draw in the wrong position in Right-to-Left scripts like Hebrew or Arabic.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: When scheduling television recordings, the conflict warning message will include name, channel, and start time of the conflicting programs.
7. Fixed: Interface Plug-ins were broken in 19.0.116 and could cause MC to crash.
1. NEW: MC supports importing videos with XBMC metadata contained in .nfo files.
2. Changed: Video playback option "Enable Automatic Display Settings changing" is changed to a drop list of three selectable modes: Off, On, and Custom. Custom corresponds to the old "checkbox checked" mode, On is a new automatic mode.
3. Changed: Added a "sorting mode" combo box on television channel-to-xmltv match window, to make it easier to do manual match.
4. Changed: Disabled DXVA2 Native Hardware Acceleration in Red October HQ due to stability issues (affects mostly AMD users).
5. Changed: Media subtype of television recordings will be set to "Movie" or "TV Show" according to the info available in guide data.
6. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function did not properly handle double quotes in string values when using the List=CSV mode.
7. Changed: Pressing the "i" button on an MC remote control while a television channel is showing will cause the OSD to cycle through three modes: position bar, current/next program title, and program description (provided that the OSD menu is not showing at the time).
1. Changed: Revised how DirectShow handles Stop/Play to increase stability when skipping to the next file.
2. Changed: The Subtitles -> Browse... option is always available, not only when subtitles are already present.
3. Changed: DLNA Mimetypes for dff,dsf,sacd for compatibility with Oppo (and others hopefully).
4. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
5. NEW: Added support for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for video capture.
1. Fixed: HLS segments could incorrectly start on a non-key frame, causing playback breakups on some devices.
2. Fixed: Seeking in a HLS stream could result in playing from a wrong position.
3. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions IsTVChannel and ChannelProgramNow.
1. NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming.
2. Changed: GoPro Cineform decoder added to Custom video mode whitelist.
3. Fixed: Scanning for STB television channels did not work because the analog device channels list was not properly populated.
4. Fixed: When recording ATSC television shows in TS format data for multiple channels in the same transport could be erroneously saved, resulting in multiple videos in the same file, which sometimes could confuse video players.
1. Fixed: When playing a video file, pressing down arrow did not show Playing Now OSD.
2. Changed: XML-based Office documents are imported as Data Files, in addition to the "classic" Office documents.
3. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code. MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
4. NEW: In television playback, while OSD is showing program names under "Programs", pressing the "info" (or "i") button on the remote causes MC to display the description of the current program.
5. Fixed: MC could crash when using Hardware Accelerated video decoding with Red October HQ on some systems.
1. Changed: When recording a television show in TS format, MC will use buffering to reduce the number of IO hits. This should fix the video quality issue in television shows recorded in TS format.
2. Fixed: Subtitles were always shown in the last few builds, even if configured not to.
3. Fixed: Subtitle stream names in the Theater View OSD were not always properly shortened.
1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Changed: The television channels lists in "Group Channels" and "Edit Channel List" tools can now be sorted by clicking the Channels list header.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: MC will try to determine the television tuner type (ATSC, DVB-T/S/C) by scanning the device name for keywords if the user has not configured the type. This will not work for all devices.
5. Fixed: Transcoding Video to specific dimensions could crash.
6. Fixed: H264 Video Transcoding profiles could exceed their intended bitrate targets.
1. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
2. NEW: Option to add channel number in front of channel name when scanning for television channels. The default is to add. This only affects DVB channels as most other types of channels already add a number in the name (now it is optional for all channel types).
3. Changed: DXVA2 Hardware Accelerated video decoding is used in RO HQ when no other acceleration options are available (on AMD graphics cards and older Intel graphics chips).
4. Fixed: Loading images for Theater View Media Slideshow from Google was broken since October, due to a change in Google's website.
5. NEW: Television channels in standard view can by sorted. Click the channel list header repeatedly to sort by different parameters (by Name as is, by Name disregarding the number in front, by Channel Number, by channel type).
1. Fixed: MP4 files would hang when played on a Library Server Client without direct file access.
2. Fixed: MC behaved badly when user dismissed the popup window that told the user that MC was currently recording a different television channel than what the user wanted to watch.
3. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.60.1 (primarily fixes for playback issues of a few Blu-ray discs, and decoding improvements for DTS audio)
4. Fixed: Seeking in videos streamed from a library server with video conversion active did not work.
5. Fixed: Album Cover Art was mistakenly only applied to the first file of an album in the last couple builds.
1. Changed: "Favorite Channels" and "Hidden Channels" attributes can be set on "Edit Channel List..." window, where you can select multiple television channels and then click buttons to set them all at once.
2. Changed: "Delete All Channels" button on "Edit Channel List..." window is removed as it is not needed.
3. NEW: Customize text alignment for columns in Standard View file lists by right-clicking on the column header.
4. Changed: The "Mark as (not) Played" library tools are only shown when they are useful (ie. Mark as Played only on files not played before, and vice versa).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Fixed: "Hidden channels" and "Favorite channels" drop lists were not updated after scanning television channels, or after running "Group channels" tool.
7. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for transcoding.
8. NEW: Option to populate "Channel Number" field when scanning for television channels, if such number can be found or constructed.
9. Changed: MC will not treat different audio streams on the same DVB service as separate channels when scanning for channels, and will ignore any service without a name (instead of using "(null)" as name).
10. NEW: On scanning for DVB television channels, MC will add a "DVB-T2/S2/C2" flag to indicate that a channel is or is not a T2/S2/C2 channel. On tuner device configuration, a checkbox is added to indicate whether a tuner is capable of tuning to T2/S2/C2 channels.
11. Changed: Standard television view will list guide data for 24 hours per page, instead of 18 hours.
12. Fixed: Television channel scanning wizard did not show all option controls for scanning STB channels because the wizard window was too small.
13. Changed: Minor changes on "Edit Channel List" dialog window.
1. Changed: In television options, "Edit Channel List" window includes non-anchor group members in the channel list, so they can be edited.
2. Changed: TV Series in the "Get Cover Art" dialog are sorted by Series and Season.
3. Changed: Expression columns with DataType=[Number] are drawn right aligned.
4. Changed: Only stock decimal fields render with a fixed number of decimal places.
5. NEW: "Mark as Played" and "Mark as not Played" library tools to quickly set or clear the played status of a file.
6. Fixed: Cover Art download could crash in some cases (ie. after a CD Rip).
7. Fixed: Subscription recording of consecutively aired television show episodes would end up in one big recording instead of separate recordings.
8. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
1. NEW: TV season cover art is downloaded from TheTVDB.com.
2. Fixed: Handle leak in network functionality.
3. Changed: Numeric database fields are drawn right-aligned in Standard View.
4. Changed: Decimal database fields always show a fixed number of decimal places.
5. Fixed: Suggested choices in the dropdown when editing a decimal field are properly grouped, and don't show duplicate entries anymore.
6. Fixed: Downloaded Performer Store subscription tracks would sporadically show a licensing error (103).
1. Changed: Added some error checking in television channel grouping GUI (for example a channel that is already in a group will not be allowed to be grouped in a new group).
2. Skinning: Action Window in skin can customize the margin below the header using ActionWindow\Template\BelowHeaderMargin (also tightened up Action Window spacing for default Noire skin).
3. Fixed: When building or editing a playlist in the Action Window, the duration column could be obscured a little if a vertical scrollbar was visible.
1. Changed: Search suggestions show album artist, but only when the results differ from the artist alone (the same treatment is also applied to composer and publisher).
2. Fixed: Hauppauge Colossus video capture device did not work correctly in some cases.
3. Changed: When auto-configuring audio output, 176.4kHz will be used instead of 96kHz for DSD content when the DAC supports it.
1. Changed: When importing a SACD, the file size for each track will show the size of the individual track inside the ISO instead of the size of the entire ISO.
2. Fixed: Doing 'Update Library (from tags)' was not working properly for CUE or SACD tracks.
3. Fixed: DVB subtitles on certain TV channels could still render with incorrect size and position.
4. Fixed: Facebook photo upload wasn't working.
1. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
2. Changed: Deleting an item in Theater View no longer resets the selection back to the beginning of the list.
3. Changed: Picking System Info from the Help menu shows Reporter (which contains all the same information and more as the old system information report).
4. Fixed: Deleting a file from the library could cause a crash in Media Network.
5. Changed: Media Network no longer attempts to serve protected files (WMA, WMV, etc.) since they lead to problems with many renderers, Gizmo, etc.
1. Faster: Pushing enter in the search box will execute the search immediately (previously it would execute the search but the view would update a second time shortly after, making it slower overall instead of faster).
2. Changed: Pushing tab in the search box will auto-select the first suggestion.
3. Changed: The search system adjusts how instantly the search is evaluated based on view size and performance so fast computers or smaller libraries update almost instantly, but slower computers and larger libraries wait to avoid lag from partial searches (use enter in those cases to update immediately).
4. Changed: Tightened up television time-shifting writer code, to prevent seeking problems.
5. Faster: The program is more responsive when many tabs are open.
6. Fixed: ASIO line-in playback could crash.
1. Fixed: Column header clicking to sort file lists was not working in build 94.
2. Faster: Typing in the search box with large libraries is more responsive.
3. Changed: The month value for a file in the library with a date that is year-only will be an empty string instead of January.
4. Faster: The media type field no longer changes an empty media type to 'Unknown' at display time (it imparted a small performance penalty for no real-world benefit).
5. Faster: Improved search performance in the month field (which was one of the more intensive default search fields so the overall performance gain is appreciable).
6. Faster: Gets on the filename field are around 20% faster.
7. Changed: Album Artist is no longer included when offering search suggestions (since it often duplicates artist, and even when it doesn't normally doesn't contain a useful search value).
1. Fixed: Playing a television recording that had not finished recording did not work in some cases since build 91.
2. Changed: While playing a television recording that has not finished recording, pressing number keys will no long show OSD message "Changing channel..." since channel changing would not take place in this case anyway.
3. Changed: Pressing Enter key right after pressing number keys (for television channel changing) will cause channel changing to take effect immediately (without the Enter key, channel changing takes effect on a timer).
4. Fixed: A crash caused by clicking on an undefined field in the database list header above the vertical scroll bar.
1. Changed: Updated the Musepack decoder. The streaminfo version is the same ( version 8 ).
2. Changed: Work on Reporter.
1. Fixed: The ordering of television channels within a channel group was not honored.
2. Changed: When summarizing data in a group of files, the 'Number Plays' and 'Skip Count' fields are totals instead of averages.
1. Fixed: Watching a currently recording television channel could in some cases interrupt the recording, when channel substitution was involved (if channel grouping was set up).
2. Changed: When playback fails to start because the output will not accept the format, the bitdepth is no longer listed on the message (since the bitdepth is auto-configured for most outputs).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: MC could load a new tuner when watching a television channel that is currently being recorded, instead of the tuner that is doing the recording. (Only if Channel grouping is involved).
5. Changed: Media Network view reports the IP address of the source (the device making the call into Media Network).
6. Fixed: MC could fail to play a television recording that was not yet finished, displaying "No television tuner is available to fulfill your request." (Only if Channel grouping is involved).
1. Changed: Revised television channel grouping GUI.
2. Fixed: DVB Subtitles could render with an incorrect size and position.
3. NEW: Added support for Opus audio files in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
4. Changed: The "Number Plays" field is now editable.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
6. Fixed: When using memory playback, if a large file was played that used 1GB (or more) of memory but the system was unable to allocate that much memory, a small chunk of the song could get lost during playback.
7. Fixed: Closing a file in Media Editor could crash.
8. Fixed: When double-clicking a file in Playing Now, if the file was in the list multiple times, the behavior could be incorrect.
9. Changed: When installing an updated LAV, if there's a copy of dtsdecoderdll.dll in the AppData LAV folder it will be preserved.
10. Fixed: Theater View details list were not correctly putting text for the selected audio files on two lines.
11. Changed: Put a white background on the updated checkbox images so that they work better with dark skins.
1. Fixed: MC inserted PAT and PMT packets (when needed) incorrectly when recording television shows in TS format.
2. Fixed: Ogg, reading sample rate, channels, etc for database fields.
3. Fixed: Screen grabbing from video playback was not working properly.
1. Fixed: If the 'Recently Acquired' playlist got moved or renamed, it could cause acquiring from a camera to not nicely show the list after it finished.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: Updated YouTube integration to work better with recent YouTube changes.
1. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver can be enabled and disabled in Options > General > Features > ASIO Driver.
2. Changed: Carnac will use the exact filename for the Name field for images instead of a cleaned version (that might remove the date, underscores, etc.).
1. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
2. Fixed: When a DLNA device goes away and comes back on a different port or address, the old address could still be used.
3. Changed: The DLNA server will not expose itself on the network unless the library has files in it.
4. Fixed: DLNA would not always expose zones as DLNA renderers on first launch or when adding or removing a zone.
5. Changed: DLNA subscription requests from Windows Media are ignored (because they always return a 400 error when sending standard UPnP event information anyway).
6. NEW: The list of articles in the program is user configurable in Options > Tree & View > Sorting (semi-colon delimited list).
7. NEW: Exceptions to articles can be added[ by starting an entry with - (example: ...;les;-les paul;... so that Les Pecheurs de Perle > P and Les Paul > L).
1. Fixed: Switching from 176.4kHz DSD as DoP to 176.4kHz PCM could result in the PCM incorrectly playing as DSD (and sounding distorted).
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Changed: Linked zones were not appearing in the zone roller of Theater View.
4. Changed: The translation engine considers backslash a phrase-breaking delimiter (so 'a\b' is now two phrases 'a' 'b' instead of one phrase 'a\b').
5. Changed: Switch translation files from UTF-16 to UTF-8 (so they use around half the space on disk).
6. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code.
7. Changed: Translation of WebGizmo is now possible (thanks rlebrette).
8. Fixed: Seeking did not work (took extremely long time) when playing jtv files on a Gizmo/WebGizmo client.
1. NEW: Television channel grouping GUI (TV Options > Group Channels...).
2. Changed: A connection from the ASIO driver will not stop playback in MC if it was already playing.
3. Changed: Revised how spectrum analyzers in the player bar are drawn to be more compatible with Apple and Linux (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
1. Faster: The DLNA server is many times faster at responding to DLNA browse requests.
2. Fixed: Possible crash from DLNA browse commands issued by LG televisions and possibly others.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
4. Fixed: Performer store was popping an error about wmhelper.dll.
5. SDK: MCWS calls that return an image will fill padding (the Pad parameter) with the color provided in the FillTransparency parameter.
6. Fixed: Saving an image that contained transparency to JPEG could create an incorrect result (applies to web service, etc.)
7. Fixed: When MC stopped television recording, in rare cases it incorrectly tried to show live program while the user was not even watching, resulting in hang or crash or other odd behavior.
8. Fixed: Made it possible to translate some strings that were not translatable from this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84639.0
9. Changed: The regular list item tooltip will not be shown when the mouse is over a cell that requires a truncation tooltip that's multiple lines.
10. Fixed: If an audio CD was ejected right as it was being analyzed, the program could get stuck with a partial track list when reinserting the disc.
11. Changed: The spectrum analyzers at the top of the program better adapt to the View > Size setting.
1. NEW: Help > System Info reports anything that changes the system power state in a new 'Power' section (preventing sleep, keeping the monitor on, etc.).
2. Fixed: The monitor would not correctly be allowed to turn off in some cases in the last few builds.
3. Fixed: When doing cover art lookup from the Internet, the second, third, etc. page of results would not always load correctly.
1. Fixed: Importing SACD ISO files could lead to a crash if the SACD had metadata structured in a particular way.
2. Fixed: Some crashes caused by DLNA zones coming and going.
3. Changed: Updated the French language translation (merci bien, rlebrette).
4. SDK: Added MCC_SHOW_TREE to allow showing, hiding, or toggling the tree (MCC code 22029, parameter is -1: toggle, 0: hide, 1: show).
5. Changed: When editing tags, values used in the library but hidden by the current user account will not be offered as choices.
6. Changed: When entering a user account password in Theater View, the typed letters are hidden.
7. Changed: Standardized the display names of input plugins, which are shown in Options > Audio > Advanced > Configure input plug-in...
8. Changed: Picking Library Tools > Convert Format when there's a finished conversion Action Window showing will close the finished conversion instead of erroring and asking the user to close it.
9. Changed: Revised FLAC encoder settings to be more clear that all modes are lossless.
10. Changed: Updated the Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
11. Fixed: The scrollbars could incorrectly disappear from the Tag Action Window in some cases.
12. Fixed: Videos with WMA audio could sometimes fail to analyze and play
13. Changed: Added support to Carnac for the naming format "Series.###" for television shows (ie. grimm.215.hdtv-lol.mp4).
14. Changed: When drawing a selection box in the image editor, the dimensions and aspect ratio of the selection are shown in the status bar.
15. Changed: 'Critic Rating' field contains attribution (ie. 'Rotten Tomatoes 79% Critic, 86% Audience' instead of '79% Critic, 86% Audience').
16. Fixed: Television recording wizard window was too small to show all controls (especially when scheduling subscription recording).
17. Changed: Improved how memory playback of huge files (like DSD) is managed.
1. Changed: Tuned the image for Explorer in the tree and added a corresponding view header image.
2. Changed: The close, minimize, etc. buttons at the top right of the program could look a little soft with the Noire skin.
3. NEW: When right-clicking a DLNA renderer in the tree, you can select 'Show Device Webpage...' to show the presentation URL exposed by the device in a web browser.
1. NEW: Added a centralized system power manager that can better track if and when the system should be allowed to sleep.
2. Changed: After serving a media file, the computer will not be allowed to sleep for 20 minutes so that a server won't go away while pausing or browsing.
3. Changed: No thumb images are drawn using higher quality resizing (especially important now that the artwork is 4x resolution).
4. Fixed: The Action Window would not properly reload images when changing View > Size, resulting in fuzzy icons until restarting MC.
5. Changed: In Options, the audio, image, and video pages have unique icons instead of sharing a generic playback icon.
6. Fixed: The icons in the options tree on the right were not scaling up nicely with View > Size settings.
7. Changed: Updated icons for stores shown in the tree.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking an unselected pane value would not always register as a double-click.
9. Fixed: Property "This device requires a cable to route sound..." in analog television device configuration was not saved when changing from checked to unchecked state.
10. Fixed: Recording a television show in Theater view on a client did not work (recording order was not sent to the server).
1. NEW: Updated icons and artwork (high resolution enabled for size settings over 100%).
2. Changed: VST effect settings and presets are stored per-zone (sorry, but you may need to reconfigure your VST effects one time).
3. Changed: Added DSD low-pass 'Off' setting to go along with Safe, Medium, and Permissive (might be useful if you have an external low-pass).
1. Fixed: Media Editor could hang when decoding files.
2. Fixed: Seeking videos with Gizmo acting as a remote control was not working properly in the last few builds.
3. Changed: Tweaks to Carnac to better handle filenames that uses spaces instead of dots for delimiting and that use newer tokens like '3d', 'dts-ma.hd.7.1', etc.
4. Changed: Simplified DSD bitstreaming configuration so there's no need to pick DSD vs DoP (this is now controlled by the output plugin).
5. Changed: Added advanced ASIO option 'DSD bitstream in DoP format' for the few devices that use ASIO but do not support native ASIO (Lynx, etc.).
6. Changed: DoP input is reported as 'DoP 2.8MHz 1bit 2ch' in Audio Path instead of being reported as 176.4kHz PCM (the data is DSD but is packaged like PCM with DoP, so both are correct).
7. Changed: Updated YouTube integration to work better with recent YouTube changes.
8. Fixed: When scanning for TV channels, some combo boxes (e.g. "Satellite" for DVB-S, "Provider" for DVB-C, "Frequencies" for QAM) could be incorrectly disabled.
9. Fixed: Graph-building failure when scanning for QAM channels with certain TV tuner devices.
1. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks to Vladimir).
2. Fixed: Drag-n-drop ordering in a list editor would not allow dragging an item more than one spot per drag.
3. Internal: Revised how ASIO driver starts MC and delivers data (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
1. Fixed: Filenames that were exactly 260 characters long would be rejected because they exceed the Windows shell limit, but would not be correctly reported as 'filename too long' on the import summary.
2. Fixed: Theater View Guide arrow navigation could get stuck if a row was blank.
3. Fixed: Revised the rules for Theater View Guide up / down navigation to track more logically in a list with uneven program start times.
4. NEW: Added Options > Audio > Advanced > Auto configure output settings on playback error (previously it was always in 'Ask' mode on Windows and 'Yes' mode on other platforms).
1. Faster: Acquiring images from an Android (or other WPD device) using Action Window > Camera is much faster.
2. Fixed: Possible crashes due to internal optimizations in the last couple builds.
1. Changed: INI files are stored at UTF-8 instead of UTF-16 (only applies to portable installs and library backups).
2. Fixed: Possible crash serving cover art with the web service in build 72.
1. Changed: Revision to how threading is managed when starting video playback (attempt to work around a sporadic hang on some systems when starting video playback).
2. Fixed: Some files could trigger unnecessarily as having external changes in build 70 and 71.
3. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Handheld/Sync to the web service.
4. SDK: MCWS/v1/Control/MCC can optionally wait for the command to finish before returning by setting Block=1.
5. Faster: Improved the concurrency of MCWS (previously calling the same function multiple times at once would cause the calls to take turns).
6. NEW: TV recording rules allow optionally specifying tags to apply to the recordings they make (similar to how auto-import folder tagging works).
7. Faster: Reduced the chance that clicking a list item will block until the drive spins up or the network path is tried.
8. Faster: When checking for the existence of a missing network drive, which can be slow on Windows, checking the state of other drives from other threads will not also be blocked.
1. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.59.1. (Thanks, Hendrik)
2. Changed: When the library is empty, Library Server won't expose itself to other copies of Media Center on the network.
3. Changed: When television playback gets too close to the front edge of the time-shifting buffer, MC will pause video briefly until enough data are buffered.
1. Changed: When playing audio calibration clips, shuffle mode is ignored and Playing Now is automatically displayed.
2. Fixed: When acquiring images from a memory card that had a volume name, the memory card could appear two ways in the list of sources (WPD and drive).
3. Changed: Revised how system file times are mapped to internal times to work around a legacy Windows issue with regard to DST (should be internal change, but could cause some file times to shift by an hour when updating library).
4. Fixed: The CD burning 'Status' column was not repainting nicely as a burn progressed.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
6. NEW: Added the ability for 'Clean File Properties' to move articles back to the front of a value (i.e. change 'Beatles, The' to 'The Beatles').
7. NEW: The option to move articles, ignore articles, etc. uses a list that includes English, Spanish, German, and French articles.
1. Fixed: Starting playback in linked zones could crash in rare cases when using WASAPI.
2. Changed: Improved support for Theater View captions that use multiple lines (better display in lists, rollers, etc.)
3. Changed: When drawing mixed size text to a single line, the text system will vertically center the smaller text instead of top align it.
4. Faster: The skinning engine is faster at drawing user interface elements (it's now considerably faster than MC18 and earlier, even when using high resolution skin images).
5. Fixed: DVB television channels with E-AC3 audio stream were not found during channel scanning.
6. Changed: Pressing enter in a wizard could close the wizard without running the finish code.
1. NEW: Zones and users are exposed on the top roller in Theater View views (only shown if you have multiple zones or multiple user accounts).
2. Changed: The Info button on an MCE remote will show Theater View Playing Now when in Theater View (and continue to show the OSD when in Display View).
3. Changed: Switched F11 and Shift+F11 so that F11 is equivalent to the green button on an MCE remote (and shift F11 will loop including Standard View).
4. Fixed: File path category grouping was not working properly in some cases.
1. Changed: When doing real-time DSD output, changes of input sample rate will restart the hardware (otherwise an undesired resampler can end up in the audio chain).
2. Fixed: When switching output encoding to AC3, the channels box would switch to '4 channels' but not save the setting correctly so that playback could fail until you manually changed another setting on the page.
3. Changed: When searching for backdrop images from htbackdrops.org, artist mis-spellings will be better handled.
4. Changed: Updated YouTube integration to work better with recent YouTube changes.
5. NEW: CAF formatted audio files that contain Linear PCM data can now be played in JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in).
6. Fixed: Drawing of smooth transitions could blink incorrectly.
7. Fixed: WMA encoding was not working properly since build 19.0.34.
1. Changed: For clarity, it's no longer possible to open DSP Studio for the format converter unless the option to apply DSP is on.
2. Fixed: Custom video mode settings were not being stored in the new zone options location, causing them to not clone properly to a new zone (requires manually (re)configuring settings one time before cloning).
3. Fixed: Some volume settings would not reliably clone to a new zone.
4. Faster: Improved the performance of gets on the filename field in the database by around 15%.
5. Faster: The FileFolder(...) expression is about twice as fast.
1. Fixed: Multiple devices with the same name could cause playback to target the wrong device in some cases with WASAPI.
2. Fixed: Padded bitdepths could sound incorrect with build 63.
3. Fixed: Build 63 would not update list item text properly after an in-place edit.
1. NEW: Added support for CAF audio files in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
2. Fixed: ASIO playback to big-endian devices might not have worked correctly.
3. Faster: Categories based on file path are faster.
4. Faster: Improved performance of core list and tree user interface component (helps performance of fill, update, etc.).
1. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output using DoP (configure in DSP Studio > Output Format).
2. Faster: Speed improvements to date handling that help performance in many areas of the program.
3. NEW: MC will import Apple "media type" ('stik' atom) value from mp4/m4v/m4a files, and map it to "Media Sub Type" field in MC.
4. Changed: Changed how MC builds DirectShow graph for Hauppauge HVR 1950 USB TV tuner device so video quality is better.
5. Changed: MC will use correct analog TV standard according to user configured country code, instead of relying on user configuring standard manually.
6. Changed: Removed extra entries for Greece from the countries list in television configuration.
7. Fixed: Preventing the display from turning off during audio playback works properly with playback in multiple zones.
8. Internal: Revised how menu tracking works (should be internal, but please report any menu related issues).
9. Fixed: A corrupted sorting cache file in app data folder could cause the program to fail to run.
10. Fixed: Lists were not always updating color information when switching skins.
11. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
12. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code.
1. Fixed: Playing DSD content on Gizmo was not working nicely.
2. Fixed: High resolution minimize, maximize, and close buttons were not working properly with some windows.
3. Fixed: Possible deadlock in the server core when seeking Gizmo video.
1. Fixed: Rainmeter was not working with the native CD Art Display support (remember to edit the Rainmeter player name to 'CAD').
2. Fixed: If loading a DLNA device's service failed (maybe because the device was turned off), the device could enter a permanent error state and not work properly even once it was turned back on.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: During drawing of the program, image data used for debugging could be put on the clipboard.
5. Fixed: MC saved incorrect country code for television, causing problems such as defaulting tuners to wrong type.
6. SDK: When rendering a skin item at a scale less than the skin item's native scale, any fixed sized borders will be shrunk accordingly.
7. SDK: Scrollbar skinning supports glyph overlays so that the arrow aspect ratio can always be correct regarless of scaling.
8. Changed: Updated Noire skin with high resolution resources (still a work in progress).
9. Changed: Reduced the amount of logging and computation in JR Bitrate Monitor filter.
1. NEW: Added native CD Art Display support (thanks to poiru for his previous work here).
2. Fixed: Some MCC notification messages had their index shifted in the last few builds, causing possible problems with third-party plugins.
3. Changed: Encoder configuration dialogs work better with size settings other than 100%.
4. Changed: Library views (Playing Now > Playing From) work better with size settings other than 100%.
1. Fixed: When converting audio to WAV format, the RIFF chunk size could be set wrong by 8 bytes.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: The skinning engine uses high quality supersampling to shrink skin images so that high resolution enabled skins look better.
4. Fixed: Seeking of video was not working with Gizmo in the last two builds.
5. Changed: MC will fix incorrectly written root chunk size of WAV and AIFF files during tag writing.
6. Changed: Revised image drawing to only require SSE2 for acceleration instead of SSSE3.
7. Fixed: YouTube music video playback was not working.
1. Fixed: In Theater View, when a dialog was shown, moving the mouse outside the dialog could shift the focus away and lead to problems.
2. Fixed: In some cases, the Genre value would not be retrieved for an episode when doing a TheTVDB lookup.
3. Changed: MP4 files are loaded and tested for media type before they are analyzed so audio files will not need to be sent to video engine.
4. Fixed: MP4 input plugin registration did not register 3GA file type correctly.
1. Fixed: Sound Check values were not being written to the iPod's database during upload.
2. Faster: Improvements to the DLNA server to make it perform better under high load.
3. Faster: Speed enhancements to core XML code (used in many places in the program).
4. Fixed: Fixed a typo on the MP3 input plugin configuration dialog.
5. Changed: When using output encoding (AC3, DSD, DoP) the output plugin will no longer be restarted between tracks when the input sample rate changes.
6. Fixed: Double-click from an image preview view could crash.
7. Changed: VOB subtitle durations are better honored.
1. Fixed: AC3 playback was not working in build 53.
2. Fixed: With left-click lasso enabled, scrolling a list could start a lasso.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo supports setting multiple fields / values per call by CSV encoding a list for Field and Value parameters and also setting a parameter List=CSV.
4. Fixed: Yahoo! news in Theater View could show extra noise around the story text.
1. Fixed: Handling of 32-bit integer input files was not working in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Font kerning in edit controls could be incorrect in build 51.
3. Fixed: The skin effects dialog would allow itself to be closed while the color picker was opening, leading to a possible crash.
4. Fixed: Added support for MP4 files that used a custom genre atom in their tag, but stored a standard genre by putting a number in parenthesis.
5. Fixed: Double-click on the pause button while playing was not stopping.
6. Fixed: When playing on an LS client a television channel that happens to be recording in transport stream (.ts) format on the server, the recording could be interrupted when the client stops playing.
7. Fixed: When playing on an LS client a television recording in transport stream (.ts) format, the length of playback was limited to the length of recording at the moment the playback started, even though the recording was on going on the server.
8. Changed: When playing on an LS client a television recording in transport stream format, if the server is still recording the file, playback switches to a jtv file so the playback length can grow with the recording.
1. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation (Thanks elda).
2. Fixed: Double-click in live television video window (using EVR) did not work.
3. Fixed: 2x DSD playback was not working on the TEAC UD-501.
4. Fixed: Fonts that used left or right overhangs could draw with the overhang portion cropped.
5. Fixed: The new Size option was not scaling fonts properly if you had never customized the font in Options > Tree & View.
6. Fixed: The white-list for allowing system volume to work while bitstreaming was not working with some Resonessence Labs hardware.
7. Fixed: Automatic library backups and check for updates would not be started when the command line was not empty (so launching at boot with /MediaServer, etc. could disable this functionality).
8. Changed: Added the ability to use the token [User] in the playerbar to display the name of the current user.
9. Fixed: Customization to the playerbar would not always take effect right away.
10. NEW: Added 'Set levels from decibel meter' button to Room Correction to make it easier to calibrate levels.
1. NEW: Added View > Size option to resize Standard View (only works well with some skins; Noire recommended).
2. Changed: Memory playback automatically disengages when using Audio Calibration for Tools > Advanced Tools (since audio calibration clips will play forever until stopped).
3. Changed: Audio Calibration clips always use gapless track transitions (instead of possibly gapping or fading based on user options).
4. SDK: Skin items can specify a Scale attribute so that high resolution images can be used (ie. Scale="2.0" for a double resolution image).
5. Fixed: When watching an on-going television recording in transport stream (.ts) format, not all of the already recorded portion was shown, if the portion was longer than the pre-set time-shifting window.
6. Fixed: ATI HDTVWonder tuner would not record in transport stream format.
7. Changed: DSD encoding targets a slightly more conservative volume level (by about 1.6dB) so that it works better with Sabre-based DACs (and possibly others).
8. Fixed: Clicking 'Exit' in Theater View with the mouse would not show the dialog with the last couple builds.
1. Fixed: Theater View could be slow to show in some cases with the last few builds.
2. Faster: Netflix in Theater View does all loading of episodes on demand, so displaying the queue is much faster.
3. Fixed: Some YouTube music videos would not play from Theater View.
4. Changed: Startup and between track silence is -96dBFS narrow band pink noise instead of pure silence so that it works better with hardware that ignores pure silence ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83964.0 ).
5. Changed: Video files with TrueHD audio tracks will say 'Dolby TrueHD' in the compression field instead of 'unknown codec'.
6. Changed: Tooltips are now allowed to show in the Smartlist editor (and other places) when an edit or combobox is focused.
7. Changed: Added a help button on the popup expression editor that links to the expression language wiki: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language (thanks MrC).
8. New: Added an option for ignoring specified IP interfaces for DLNA.
1. Changed: When recording television programs in transport stream format, MC will insert PAT and PMT packets if it does not detect such packets in the stream.
2. Fixed: Double-clicking the right edge of a list header column to auto-size was not working.
3. Faster: Additional tuning of SSE code used for 16-bit PCM input data handling to make it another 20% faster.
4. Fixed: When the detached display was Aero snapped, it would not always be positioned correctly when reattaching.
5. Changed: Volume Leveling will disable (instead of using the default -10dB for unanalyzed audio files) when playing test clips (Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration).
6. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver doesn't load Media Center until it's actually started for playback (instead of when the host creates buffers).
7. Fixed: Drag-n-drop reording in a list manager was not working (like DSP Studio plugins, etc.).
8. Fixed: Playback stats for images were not always updating for the last image viewed.
1. Fixed: During conversion or audio analysis, the process could slow down unexpectedly if the input thread was running much faster than the output thread.
2. Faster: Core audio engine bitdepth handling code is faster when dealing with 16-bit integer input on SSE enabled CPUs (common on CD rips with lossless formats).
3. Faster: Final audio engine stage that handles clipping is about 2x faster.
1. Changed: Carnac better deals with TV show filenames that use the full episode name (including season and series) as their folder name instead of using a series folder.
2. Fixed: In some cases, VOB subtitle would draw with the red and blue channels flipped (so yellow subtitles appeared blue).
3. Changed: Changed the menu and toolbar text for "Zones" and "Skins" from plural to singular.
4. NEW: Added the ability to add a 'User' toolbar button.
5. Fixed: Visualization Studio could crash in some cases.
6. Faster: More efficient and faster user interface drawing in Standard View.
7. Faster: When burning, converting, analyzing, etc. files they would redraw in lists that didn't show the status column. Now only the status column redraws (if visible).
8. Faster: Revised list and tree mouse move redrawing system so that mouse movement only redraws the row under the cursor when necessary instead of always.
1. Fixed: mp4/m4a files would not play on LS clients if user chooses "Automatic" or "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)" for Playback Type.
2. Changed: Video playback no longer forces the 'Clip protection' overflow handling mode but instead allows flat-lining overflows if so desired.
3. Fixed: Some click handling problems from build 44.
4. Fixed: When MP3 decoding encountered bad frames, audio analysis could slow way down instead of quickly working through the errors.
1. Fixed: Shell extensions were causing problems in build 43.
2. Internal: More work on mouse click and double-click handling to fix some issues with trackpads (please report any issues).
1. Fixed: A couple click / mouse issues due to the internal click handling changes.
2. Changed: Analyze Audio allows analyzing up to 8 files at a time instead of 4.
3. Fixed: Memory playback could engage when analyzing audio or converting and impact the memory usage and performance of the operation.
4. Faster: Improved thread parallelism when analyzing audio (and to a lesser extent regular playback).
5. SDK: The HTML engine supports .Rating and .RatingStars variables on any file object (can be used by WebGizmo, etc.).
6. Fixed: If a video file issued a finished event before ever starting, it could cause the audio analyzer to hang on the file.
7. Fixed: Thai text (and possibly others) could draw with incorrect character spacing.
8. Fixed: ASIO Line-in playback was not working properly.
9. Fixed: A corrupt MP3 file could cause a crash when decoding in rare cases.
10. Changed: Edit control scrollbars are indented one pixel so that they're inside the edit border with most skins.
11. Fixed: The Trunc(...) math expression function could show incorrect results in some cases.
1. Fixed: Theater View could crash in rare cases.
2. Changed: The installer checks for SSE2 and shows an error if it's not found instead of refusing to run (we have no way to test this, so confirmation would be appreciated).
3. Changed: Revised the check for operating system support for AVX CPU instructions to hopefully fix an issue on XP running in Parallels (testing appreciated).
4. Fixed: When a client request a television channel that the server is already running (either recording or serving other clients), a black rectangle is drawn on the upper lefter corner of the server.
1. Changed: Added support for SSA/ASS subtitle custom margins in the styles block.
2. NEW: Convert Format allows optionally specifying an audio output bitdepth.
3. Fixed: A corrupted APE file could cause decoding to stall in rare cases.
4. Fixed: Television tuner specific configuration dialog was not displayed.
5. Fixed: MadVR fell out of exclusive mode on OSD with TV playback.
1. Changed: A processor that supports SSE2 is now required (added in 2001 to Intel, 2003 to AMD).
2. NEW: Added a 6 dB/octave mode for high and low pass filters in Parametric Equalizer.
3. Changed: The import summary is presented as an Action Window and only shows a popup and switches to 'Recently Imported' if a user clicks 'Details' on the summary.
4. Fixed: The new JRTelevision Dll did not work.
5. Internal: Revised left mouse click handling so that single, double, and triple clicks are generated by JRiver's framework instead of the operating system (should be internal change, but please report any mouse related issues).
6. Fixed: The installer could incorrectly want to reboot when it couldn't install the shell extensions.
1. Fixed: Some handheld devices would not appear in the last few builds (due to the internal COM changes).
2. Faster: When loading Theater View backdrops from multiple sources, all sources are loaded at once instead of loading one at a time.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/File/GetFile allows specifying a custom mime type for the response (to deal with carriers or ISPs that may block or throttle MP3 data).
4. Faster: Netflix queue is downloaded 2 to 3 times faster due to using parallel threading. Cancel works better.
5. Fixed: A few rare MP3 files could get slow to play or analyze.
6. Fixed: The brightness / contrast skin effect could overflow and look bad when using SSE acceleration.
7. Fixed: The removed FTP upload tool could incorrectly appear in the send to menu ( removed when MFC was removed: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75971.0 ).
8. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver allows the host to configure the driver buffer size instead of keying off Options > Audio > Live playback latency (this way programs that query for the buffer size of all ASIO drivers on startup won't cause MC to start).
9. Changed: Socket buffer size to 32k.
10. Changed: Allow re-use of the base socket listener for library server (non-windows versions).
11. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode would not use a fixed gain in some cases where it should have.
12. Internal: Switched television engine from an MFC COM control (MJTVControl.dll) to a regular DLL (JRTelevision.dll).
1. Fixed: The installer would always register the 64-bit shell extensions, leading to cases where shell extensions could show in Explorer when the option was off in MC (manually turn on, OK out of options, then turn off, and OK out of options to fix).
2. Fixed: The custom library backup path validation could unnecessarily create the default folder.
3. Changed: Rewrote several core MMX image manipulation routines in SSE (most around 2x faster and now work cross platform).
4. Fixed: The visual mouse over state for an edit control would not always be honored properly.
5. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode normalizes on a per-track basis when Volume Leveling is off and on a per-playlist basis when Volume Leveling is on.
6. Fixed: WPD camera acquisition could fail in the last few builds due to the internal COM changes.
7. Changed: MC has a white list of device names that support system volume while bitstreaming, and no longer disables the system volume slider when playing to these devices (if you have a device like this, please provide details).
8. Fixed: Audio device names with pipes or backslashes in them could cause problems in Options > Audio.
9. Changed: Added experimental support for ASIO DSD output to devices that do not specify a DSD buffer format like Teac, maybe others (feedback appreciated).
10. Fixed: If auto-import got canceled while analyzing audio, it would record it as an error and not try again for a year.
11. Fixed: Column auto-sizing was not working in some areas.
12. Fixed: The projection aspect ratio was inconsistent when switching between some 3d visualizations.
1. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
2. Changed: The CSV text copied to the clipboard when copying from a list uses tab instead of comma as the delimiter.
3. Fixed: Playing YouTube videos, MC would not resume playback after entering buffering state.
4. Changed: Switched convolution based image effects (sharpen, emboss, etc.) to use SSE instead of MMX (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: MC will now read and write replay gain (Volume Level) tags in Windows Media files.
6. Fixed: Loopback was not working in the last couple builds due to internal COM changes.
1. NEW: Added native support for little-endian PCM AIFF files (previously only the more common big-endian or floating point AIFF files were supported natively).
2. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard generated RFC 4180 compliant CSV data (previously some special characters, newlines, etc. were not formatted for RFC 4180 compliance).
3. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard puts CSV into the text area of the clipboard (instead of having different text and CSV formats).
4. Fixed: If something triggered a Standard View view switch while Theater View was showing, it could steal the keyboard / remote focus.
5. Fixed: MC could not read and write replay gain tags in APE tags that used replaygain_track_gain style naming.
6. Changed: MC no longer adjust replay gain value internally by 6 dB (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
1. Fixed: Seeking during YouTube playback could cause extremely slow network traffic from the server.
2. Fixed: After acquiring images from a camera, the program would not always update and show the 'Recently Acquired' playlist.
3. Fixed: TiVo Server could fail to run in some cases in the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Several issues from COM changes in build 34.
5. Changed: More tweaks to Noire skin.
6. Changed: Adaptive Volume is locked at the #2 position in DSP Studio (Output Format, Volume Levelling, and Adaptive Volume happen at the front of the audio chain, other effects happen JIT at the end).
7. Changed: The automatic library backup system will switch to the default backup location when a user specified folder is no longer valid.
8. Changed: Help > System Info was missing the device manager information on Windows 8.
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/Played function to update play stats, Scrobble, etc.
10. SDK: All MCWS/v1/File/* functions accept a library key or filename (to use a filename, set FileType to Filename).
11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.
1. Fixed: Doing a YADB track lookup could hang when using a file that required DirectShow for decoding.
2. Changed: DVD rips now use Carnac for better decoding of series/season/disc# information in disc volume name.
3. Internal: Made usage of COM opt-in instead of opt-out for worker threads. Please report any issues.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Some phrases were not translated.
6. NEW: MC can record television channels on CableCARD devices in transport stream (.ts) format.
7. Changed: Improved internal engine quality when playing 2x DSD input, using processing, and outputting 2x DSD.
8. Faster: Improvements to DSD output encoding to reduce the chance of buffer shortfalls.
1. Fixed: Adaptive volume would sometimes not apply (fixed) volume adjustment on already analyzed files.
2. Fixed: The Direct Sound buffering slider wouldn't save the value.
3. Changed: Additional updates to the default Noire skin.
4. Changed: Added some logging to the ASIO driver to trouble-shoot hosts that load the driver but don't actually use it (which can cause MC to launch).
5. Changed: SRT subtitles suppress mystery <32> and <35> markers used by Swedish public television.
6. Fixed: When the system short date format used the month as a string instead of a number, it could cause date parsing to make incorrect guesses with regards to day and month ordering for ambiguous dates like '3-4'.
7. Changed: Date parsing of three numbers (like 3-4-12 or 2012.3.4) will always assume the ordering matches the system default (unless it's a clear variant like year.month.day).
8. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
1. Changed: Added support for viewing CMYK JPEG files.
2. Changed: Media Network authentication tokens last three days instead of two hours (so coming back to Gizmo after inactivity works better).
3. Fixed: MC will no longer crash when importing videos with the "folder.jpg" in the folder above it.
1. Fixed: The text <font> could appear in Theater View captions in build 30.
2. Fixed: Volume Leveling could be applied when playing to a DLNA device, even if it was turned off in Options > Media Network.
1. Faster: When calling the web service for images, when png is requested but no transparency is in the image, a high quality jpeg will be returned instead (makes Gizmo browsing faster).
2. Fixed: Mp4 files with embedded images were not always using the image as the thumbnail.
3. Fixed: The JRiver ASIO driver installed by MC19 could cause problems in MC18.
4. Fixed: When switching tracks with some between track modes, ASIO output could fall out of DoP mode for a split second.
5. Fixed: Deleting the last image from a slideshow could lead to a crash.
6. Changed: Text drawing system no longer supports "<font" markers without a space after them (ie. the correct <font size="150%"> works but the incorrect <fontsize="150%"> will no longer work).
7. Fixed: Playback stats were not being tracked for image playback.
1. NEW: Freshened the look of the default Noire skin.
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start if a different version of Media Center was used last.
3. Changed: When searching for sidecar artwork, instead of searching only for Folder.jpg, the program will find Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg, Front.jpg (and also any image extension like .jpeg, .png, etc.).
4. Changed: When scanning for television channels, the tuner type is automatically selected according to user configured tuner type of the first non-disabled tuner in the list, instead of always defaulting to "ATSC".
5. Changed: Removed the appearance selection page from the installer.
6. Fixed: Using the new group expressions in Theater View could cause 'circular reference' errors to appear in some cases.
7. Changed: When the Analyze Audio tool is being run manually (ie. not part of auto-import), it will prevent the system from going to sleep.
8. Fixed: Tooltips in edit controls were not showing reliably (making it hard to get context sensitive help when editing expressions).
9. NEW: The target latency for live playback (WASAPI loopback, ASIO line-in, JRiver ASIO driver) can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency (remember that the output latency from Options > Audio > Device settings... is added to this latency).
10. Fixed: DVD Video burning was not working for longer duration video files.
11. Changed: .rec files will now be recognized and played.
1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)
1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.
1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.
1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up.
1. Fixed: The audio analyzer was not properly returning per-channel peaks.
2. NEW: JRSS downmixing uses per-channel peak levels from audio analysis when they're available to make a better determination about how much (if any) volume reduction is required to prevent clipping after the downmix.
3. Changed: The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' roller items do not appear in Theater View when the volume is in disabled mode.
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).
5. Changed: Doing a Camera acquire shows a playlist 'Recently Acquired' that contains only images acquired in the last hour (like other recent playlists, it is automatically cleaned up after a few days).
1. Fixed: When non-analyzable files were added to the analyzer, the program would dead-lock when showing the error dialog.
2. Changed: Added int(...), frac(...), round(...), and trunc(...) to the math evaluator (used in expressions, visualizations, etc.).
3. Changed: The math evaluator is double-precision (64-bit) instead of single-precision (32-bit) for floating point operations.
4. Changed: The option to not draw frames on image thumbnails is honored in grouped details lists (previously it was only honored in thumbnail lists).
5. Fixed: File creation could fail in build 19.0.22, causing several possible strange problems.
1. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that have copyright atom could cause MC to crash.
2. Changed: Vertical scrollbars are positioned inside the column header in a list instead of over it (allows a cleaner look with some skins and is logical since the column header doesn't scroll).
3. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
4. Fixed: MC did not write copyright tag to mp4 files.
5. Changed: MC will try reading copyright tag from a second location in mp4 files if the ISO-defined 'cprt' atom does not exist.
6. Changed: The list editing widget (used for editing keywords, etc.) puts the 'Add' box at the bottom and moves the instructions into the box for a cleaner alignment and less chance for the suggestions when adding to obscure the existing list.
7. Faster: File I/O adds a buffering layer that engages when small reads are performed so that underlying reads are never too small (a real world example where this helps is with FLAC playback over some types of wireless networks).
1. Changed: The audio analyzer considers a file analyzed if it has a 'Volume Level (R128)' and 'Peak Level (R128)' value.
2. Faster: Analyzing files to decide what playback / decoding method to use is faster (makes opening the Analyze Audio dialog with lots of files faster).
3. Fixed: Files with a peak level of 0.0 dB could incorrectly be marked as needing analysis.
4. Changed: The standard ReplayGain volume level and peak level tags will not be written to tags if tagging is turned off for the corresponding MC fields 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' and 'Peak Level (Sample)'.
1. Changed: Memory playback gracefully handles cases where memory allocation fails.
2. Changed: Added 'Peak Level (Sample)' field to report the peak level found in an actual sample value (doesn't account for inter-peak overs like R128 TruePeak).
3. Changed: Added 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' that will be filled from tags or an old MC library on import.
4. Changed: After analyzing a file, the 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' field and tag will be filled with a ReplayGain v2 value (which is the R128 level with a +5dB adjustment).
5. Changed: When a file has a 'Peak Level (Sample)' value and no 'Peak Level (R128)' value, the sample peak will be used (with 1.5dB extra headroom added to make it more similar to R128 True Peak).
6. Changed: When a file has a 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' value and no 'Volume Level (R128)' value, the ReplayGain value will be used with Volume Leveling (adjusted by -5dB to make it more similar to an R128 value).
7. Changed: Removed some unneeded COM initialization / uninitialization from Media Network server threads (might help with ole32.dll crashes during idle).
1. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache was not enabled for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: The 'Check for Updates' Action Window could use the wrong button width for the button (may also apply to other places where the button text changes dynamically).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
1. Fixed: A few 3d visualizations were not working properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
2. Changed: Removed 3d text visualization (it's no longer possible to create a 3d mesh from text using the D3DX helper).
1. Changed: When getting thumbnails JRWorker will test-load the image embedded in mp4 files, and if not valid, will fall back to capturing an image from the video.
2. Changed: JPEG tag padding is stored as an APP9 segment instead of an APP14 segment because some Android devices would not properly handle an APP14 block that contained empty data.
3. Fixed: The option to start playback of the current playlist would not work when MC was configured to start when Windows loaded.
4. Internal: Switched most of the math used by hardware accelerated drawing away from D3DX to JRiver code (please report any new issues with Theater View, etc.).
1. Changed: JPEG tagging would fail to read IPTC tags from newer versions of Photoshop.
2. Changed: The tag dump for JPEG files in the Tag Action Window shows the full file structure (list of JPEG segments, with a little information about each segment).
3. Changed: JPEG tagging understands APP15 segments filled with 0xFF bytes and considers them padding that can be removed on tag save (not sure what program writes them).
4. Changed: JPEG tagging always uses a consistent segment order: JFIF (if present), EXIF, XMP, IPTC, MJMD, Padding, other App blocks (if present), image data.
5. Changed: Removing tags on a JPEG removes the XMP, IPTC, MJMD, and Padding segments (but leaves the EXIF block).
6. Fixed: Importing mp4 video files with embedded tags did not get additional tags (for example Aspect Ratio) that were not already in the file.
1. Changed: Hooked up new R128 volume leveling for handhelds, DLNA, and file conversion.
2. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.2 (thanks nevcairiel).
3. Changed: Revised how presets are saved and loaded in DSP Studio > Equalizer to hopefully be more clear.
4. Fixed: The tag dump in the Action Window would be blank when showing for the first file.
1. Faster: True Peak analyzer when using SSE on 44.1 and 48 kHz content is about 20% faster.
2. Changed: Ripping and burning now use the updated R128 audio analysis.
3. Changed: When volume leveling is enabled but applying no change, it will still show in Audio Path as +0.0dB.
4. Changed: When using album gain for R128, the loudest track in a cluster will define the gain instead of the average (since quiet tracks may call for a gain unachievable by loud tracks due to their peak level).
5. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 volume is saved into the existing Replay Gain field (using a +5.0dB shift, as per Replay Gain v2 / David Robinson).
6. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 peak level is saved into the standard 'Peak Level' field (converted from decibels to a percent and stored like '0.944').
7. Faster: ListCombine(...) expression is faster.
8. Fixed: JTV video conversion lip-sync problem.
1. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for videos except for when the Media Sub Type is set to Music Video.
2. Fixed: Direct Sound playback would not work with devices that didn't support 24-bit audio.
3. Fixed: Video width and height fields could be filled incorrectly.
4. Fixed: When converting from some jtv television recordings, the converted files would have incorrect aspect ratio. Make sure you correct width and height problem first (see 2. above) before retry conversion.
5. Changed: Video width and height values in the database are applied before playing jtv files so videos will not be played at wrong aspect ratio briefly at the beginning.
6. Changed: Switched from htbackdrops.com to htbackdrops.org (their updated site) as a source for some Theater View online media backdrops.
7. Fixed: Audio Analysis was running a core audio engine thread at a higher thread priority than intended, causing possible playback or system performance issues while analyzing.
8. Changed: DST decompression (used by DSD, CPU expensive) automatically adjusts the thread priorities used for decoding based on the caller's priority (so DSD background analysis, etc. has less impact on system responsiveness).
9. Changed: Improvements to how memory playback manages CPU load when decoding demanding sources like DST compressed DSD.
10. Fixed: The ISO media type detector was not getting some ISO files correct.
11. NEW: Video aspect ratio is imported during thumbnailing.
12. NEW: Theater View fades down the user interface elements after 90 seconds of inactivity to prevent burn in (optional in Options > Theater View > Behavior).
13. NEW: Volume Leveling accounts for volume changes from JRSS downmixing, so that mixing different channel count content will provide a more consistent volume level.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View while the 'News' view was loading could crash in some cases.
15. Faster: R128 True Peak analysis uses a new brickwall FIR lowpass when upsampling that's much faster (readings will be mostly the same but could vary by up to 0.2dB from the previous resampler).
16. Faster: R128 True Peak uses SSE instructions when possible to help performance.
1. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output added to DSP Studio > Output Format (requires ASIO connection to 2xDSD capable DAC) (real-time DSD encoding not available for video playback).
2. Changed: Renamed 'Peak Level' field to 'Peak Level (R128)' and changed the units in the field to 'dBTP' from 'dB' to better indicate the values are R128 True Peak values (sorry, but this will require files to be reanalyzed).
3. Fixed: Some BD ISO files were not being properly imported as movies.
4. Fixed: Selecting a Direct Sound output mode was not working properly.
5. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.1.
6. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.86.9.
7. Fixed: While playing a currently recording television show in transport stream format MC would play the ts file instead of going to the tuner that was doing the recording.
8. Fixed: MC could hang upon stopping when playing a video over the network (Library server, or YouTube etc.).
9. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for Podcasts.
1. NEW: Real-time DSD output for any content is possible using DSP Studio > Output Format > Output Encoding.
2. Changed: Tuned the program startup loader thread so that background tools begin running more quickly.
3. Fixed: Audio analysis fields were not visible in video views.
4. Changed: When importing ISO files of DVD or Bluray discs, the program will automatically mark them as Video / Movie for a media type, and search for sidecar cover art.
5. Fixed: OGG import could crash.
6. Changed: 'Peak Level' values calculated by the audio analyzer are R128 True Peak values.
7. Changed: Volume Leveling and Adaptive Volume in Peak Level Normalize mode target -1.0dB instead of 0.0dB (as per R128 recommendations).
8. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
9. Fixed: With memory playback enabled, seeking forward in a track after the track had been fully cached could advance to the next track instead of seeking.
10. Fixed: Seeks could be unnecessarily slow when using memory playback.
11. Changed: Peak Level analysis uses -144.0 dB as a minimum.
12. Fixed: In some cases the output plugin settings in Options > Audio were not being configured for the correct zone.
13. Changed: When starting in Media Server mode, the program more quickly gets servers and TV recording running.
14. Fixed: "jpeg" is now an allowable format for cover art.
15. Fixed: The television recording conflicts warning did not work properly when stacked channels were involved.
1. Fixed: 'Analyze Audio' was not available in the right-click menu for video files.
2. Changed: The internal library version has been incremented. It will no longer be possible to load a library from this version with an older version.
3. Changed: Revised the data type of the 'Peak Level' field so that it uses decibels and contains per-channel peak levels.
4. Changed: Removed Replay Gain fields, since Replay Gain has been replaced by R128.
5. Changed: Bumped up PIX01 limits to 200 images and 6 videos per gallery. Maximum gallery size is 600M.
6. Fixed: Server serving live television programs to clients did not work with the new channel stack system.
7. Fixed: A few possible cases where background threads that showed user interface could hang or cause a focus shift.
8. Changed: Added additional logging to the search suggestion system to help debug performance issues on some machines.
9. Fixed: R128 Dynamic Range analysis was not handling gating properly in build 19.0.9, leading to incorrect readings in some cases.
10. Changed: When parsing strings into numbers, parsing math expressions, etc. both types of minus will be honored ('-' and '‒').
12. Changed: Improved how Adaptive Volume reports in Audio Path, including more detail and the current volume change.
10. Changed: DLNA added missing evented variable.
11. Fixed: DLNA renderer wasn't sending events on track change when used with a controller that supported SetNextAVTransportURI (Media Steersman).
12. NEW: Added FirstNotEmpty(...) expression function to output the first value that is not empty from a variable size argument list.
13. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlists/Add function to the web service to allow playlists and smartlists to be added.
14. Changed: Switched the naming in the audio / video bitrate monitoring filters used during video playback to 'JRiver' from the older 'J. River'.
15. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Zones/Unlink was not working properly.
16. Changed: When searching in Options, the available choices are also searched for most options instead of only the selected option (not available for all options, since some lists are built on demand when they're opened).
1. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
2. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
3. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
4. Fixed: When the mouse left a list, the mouse-over selection state could stay visible in certain cases.
5. Fixed: The installer could fail during a fresh install in some cases.
6. Changed: Removed MPL v1 parsing support (JRiver has been writing MPL v2 for many years).
7. Changed: Removed legacy MJMETADATA tag save / load code (not used since around MJ8).
8. Changed: Removed support for loading MJ8 libraries directly (please use MC18 to upgrade then migrate, or else just import files again).
9. NEW: R128 loudness (LU) and dynamic range (LRA) calculations are part of audio analysis.
10. Changed: DSP Studio > Volume Leveling is now built on top of R128 instead of ReplayGain.
11. NEW: Analyze Audio for video]
12. Fixed: Right-click menu and some other popup windows was prematurely destroyed when CableCARD television tuner devices were involved.
1. Fixed: Message box message "This feature is only available to Last.fm subscribers." was not translated.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: Typing in the Options search box could temporarily shift focus, causing the first letter to get replaced by the second letter.
4. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
5. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
6. NEW: Media Center uses LibRaw for RAW image decoding and analyzing (thanks LibRaw, Alex Tutubalin, and Dave Coffin).
7. Changed: Media Center will prevent the system from going to sleep while doing a handheld transfer.
8. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"
9. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
10. NEW: Television channel stacking. Channels that carry the same programs can be stacked into a channel pool. Only the stack top is visible in UI.
11. Fixed: In Performer Store, following purchase of an album, the list of available assets for that album could be incorrect and the price for a track could be listed the same as the album price.
12. Changed: RAW image decoding uses the white balance as shot by the camera instead of always using 'Daylight' white balance.
13. Fixed: Server computer would not go to sleep after serving live television to clients.
14. Fixed: Movie ripping was not working at all in recent builds.
15. Changed: Movie rip action window is now closed immediately after a cancel confirm pop-up or a ripping error pop-up was shown.
16. Fixed: If a movie rip was aborted due to lack of disk space, the action window could appear to be stuck.
17. Fixed: MC could crash when stopping playing a CableCARD tuner, especially in Red October HQ.
1. NEW: When configuring playback options (audio, video, image), the dialog will clearly show what zone is being configured and allow switching the zone.
2. NEW: Remote zones (DLNA renderers and Library Server zones) better message and disable things that are not possible like Options > Audio, DSP Studio, volume modes, etc.
3. Changed: Changed several video options to zone-specific (Red October mode, edge cropping, default aspect ratio, hardware acceleration).
4. Changed: ASIO stores the active device based on the CLSID of the driver instead of the index so that changing installed ASIO drivers won't break configured zones.
5. NEW: Revised how output modes and devices are selected in Options > Audio.
6. Fixed: Some Action Window pages would not show their controls properly after minimizing and restoring.
7. Changed: When displaying the name of a device in Options > Audio, a cleaner will be run so Windows names like 'Speakers (2- AudioQuest DragonFly)' will show more cleanly as 'AudioQuest DragonFly'.
8. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
9. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis"
10. Fixed: Fast MP3 encoding (using Go-Go) would not work when the input file was not 16-bit.
11. NEW: Startup and inter track silence will be honored when bitstreaming DSD.
12. Changed: Added another method for catching media keys so that 'Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center' won't stop media keys from working when the program doesn't have the focus.
1. Fixed: HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuners did not work.
2. Faster: Optimizations to core string engine, helping performance in many areas of the program.
3. Faster: The sorting system used when dealing with category items (albums, artists, etc.) is faster at dealing with numeric sorts.
4. Changed: Added a tooltip to the 'Cover View' button at the top right of library views.
5. Changed: Internal consolidation in the user interface library to remove some legacy (and no longer needed) systems.
6. Fixed: Image editing could lead to a crash on shutdown.
7. Changed: Converted audio files will no longer have the audio analysis values (Replay Gain, etc.) copied from the source file (the encoding could have changed the correct values).
8. Fixed: Moving the mouse while the sort all / inside groups menu was showing would incorrectly simulate a column header drag.
9. Fixed: 3d objects in Theater View were not drawing properly on some XP machines.
10. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
11. Fixed: The quick find toolbar in a list (F3) didn't look nice with the Black on Black skin.
12. Faster: Work to reduce the number of timers running to check things, update things, etc. (the idle timer load is now about 6x smaller than it was before).
13. Fixed: The 'Help' button in Options could go to the wrong page in some cases.
14. Fixed: On Edit Channel list dialog some channel details were not shown for QAM and CableCARD channels.
15. NEW: When adding a zone, it's possible to copy the settings from an existing zone to the new zone.
16. NEW: When a column header is not wide enough to show all of its text, a truncation tooltip will be shown.
1. Changed: Reduced the latency of the JRiver ASIO driver.
2. Changed: Lists now allow two expression columns to be added that use the same expression (or that both have empty expressions).
3. Changed: When returning to Theater View, if the previously selected list index has a different name (due to database changes, etc.) the selection will reset to the top of the list.
4. Fixed: Some commands on the right-click menu of a zone to control Zone Linking could operate on the current zone instead of the right-clicked zone.
5. Changed: The input stage of the playback engine has one fourth the latency (now about 1.5ms at 44.1kHz, down from 5.8ms).
6. Changed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates a little more.
7. Faster: Revised the layout engine used for user interface and views so that it won't hide and reshow a control unnecessarily during a layout.
8. Fixed: Clicking off a pending Tag Action Window change onto a list could discard the click on the list.
1. Fixed: Accepting an edit control suggestion could lead to a crash.
2. Fixed: The 64-bit ASIO driver would not register properly on a clean install.
3. Changed: When playing mono (1 channel) audio, Parametric Equalizer will treat the mono channel as 'Left' so that it's possible to manipulate these streams.
4. Fixed: The Tag Action Window could flicker during resizing.
5. Fixed: A menu or combobox list would not always go away properly when activating a different window.
6. Fixed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates.
7. Changed: Improved how latency is managed for ASIO driver playback.
8. Changed: Added 5ms as possible buffer size choices for WASAPI and ASIO.
9. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom. We now ignore the strange data.
1. Changed: ASIO always rolls silence on pause similar to WASAPI (instead of this being a user option).
2. Changed: The ASIO buffer size configuration uses a combobox instead of a slider for buffer sizes.
3. NEW: Added SaveAdd(...) expression function to make it easier to add numeric or string values to an existing variable.
4. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working after some Hulu site changes.
5. Fixed: A relative path that starts with a backslash could incorrectly end up with a filename that had two backslashes after the drive.
6. Changed: Integer numeric fields will better support large values (greater than 2 billion).
7. Fixed: JRSS downmixing was not always energy neutral when downmixing to mono.
8. Fixed: The 12th Car Radio button was not working.
9. Changed: Updated the internal core JRiver redirect for v19.
10. Fixed: Playback of certain streaming video could lead to crash.
11. Fixed: MC will no longer hang when trying to connect to a media server with a password. 12. NEW: Memory playback caches decoded data instead of encoded data (meaning all forms of lossless are identical in memory and resource usage during playback).
13. Changed: The Playing Now / Playing From tree items will only auto-expand one time each run, so after collapsing the 'Playing Now' tree item it will not reopen automatically.
1. NEW: Added ASIO driver to allow using the JRiver engine for playback from other programs.
2. Changed: Updated splash screen, about box, etc. for v19.
3. Fixed: A few migration issues from the change to v18.
First build of MC19