Difference between revisions of "Release Notes MC19"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''19.0.60 (10/22/2013)'''<br />
'''19.0.60 (10/22/2013)'''<br />
1. Fixed: Playing DSD content on Gizmo was not working nicely.<br />
1. Fixed: Playing DSD content on Gizmo was not working nicely.<br />
Revision as of 12:10, 31 October 2013
1. Changed: When doing real-time DSD output, changes of input sample rate will restart the hardware (otherwise an undesired resampler can end up in the audio chain).
2. Fixed: When switching output encoding to AC3, the channels box would switch to '4 channels' but not save the setting correctly so that playback could fail until you manually changed another setting on the page.
3. Changed: When searching for backdrop images from htbackdrops.org, artist mis-spellings will be better handled.
4. Changed: Updated YouTube integration to work better with recent YouTube changes.
5. NEW: CAF formatted audio files that contain Linear PCM data can now be played in JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in).
6. Fixed: Drawing of smooth transitions could blink incorrectly.
7. Fixed: WMA encoding was not working properly since build 19.0.34.
1. Changed: For clarity, it's no longer possible to open DSP Studio for the format converter unless the option to apply DSP is on.
2. Fixed: Custom video mode settings were not being stored in the new zone options location, causing them to not clone properly to a new zone (requires manually (re)configuring settings one time before cloning).
3. Fixed: Some volume settings would not reliably clone to a new zone.
4. Faster: Improved the performance of gets on the filename field in the database by around 15%.
5. Faster: The FileFolder(...) expression is about twice as fast.
1. Fixed: Multiple devices with the same name could cause playback to target the wrong device in some cases with WASAPI.
2. Fixed: Padded bitdepths could sound incorrect with build 63.
3. Fixed: Build 63 would not update list item text properly after an in-place edit.
1. NEW: Added support for CAF audio files in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
2. Fixed: ASIO playback to big-endian devices might not have worked correctly.
3. Faster: Categories based on file path are faster.
4. Faster: Improved performance of core list and tree user interface component (helps performance of fill, update, etc.).
1. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output using DoP (configure in DSP Studio > Output Format).
2. Faster: Speed improvements to date handling that help performance in many areas of the program.
3. NEW: MC will import Apple "media type" ('stik' atom) value from mp4/m4v/m4a files, and map it to "Media Sub Type" field in MC.
4. Changed: Changed how MC builds DirectShow graph for Hauppauge HVR 1950 USB TV tuner device so video quality is better.
5. Changed: MC will use correct analog TV standard according to user configured country code, instead of relying on user configuring standard manually.
6. Changed: Removed extra entries for Greece from the countries list in television configuration.
7. Fixed: Preventing the display from turning off during audio playback works properly with playback in multiple zones.
8. Internal: Revised how menu tracking works (should be internal, but please report any menu related issues).
9. Fixed: A corrupted sorting cache file in app data folder could cause the program to fail to run.
10. Fixed: Lists were not always updating color information when switching skins.
11. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
12. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code.
1. Fixed: Playing DSD content on Gizmo was not working nicely.
2. Fixed: High resolution minimize, maximize, and close buttons were not working properly with some windows.
3. Fixed: Possible deadlock in the server core when seeking Gizmo video.
1. Fixed: Rainmeter was not working with the native CD Art Display support (remember to edit the Rainmeter player name to 'CAD').
2. Fixed: If loading a DLNA device's service failed (maybe because the device was turned off), the device could enter a permanent error state and not work properly even once it was turned back on.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: During drawing of the program, image data used for debugging could be put on the clipboard.
5. Fixed: MC saved incorrect country code for television, causing problems such as defaulting tuners to wrong type.
6. SDK: When rendering a skin item at a scale less than the skin item's native scale, any fixed sized borders will be shrunk accordingly.
7. SDK: Scrollbar skinning supports glyph overlays so that the arrow aspect ratio can always be correct regarless of scaling.
8. Changed: Updated Noire skin with high resolution resources (still a work in progress).
9. Changed: Reduced the amount of logging and computation in JR Bitrate Monitor filter.
1. NEW: Added native CD Art Display support (thanks to poiru for his previous work here).
2. Fixed: Some MCC notification messages had their index shifted in the last few builds, causing possible problems with third-party plugins.
3. Changed: Encoder configuration dialogs work better with size settings other than 100%.
4. Changed: Library views (Playing Now > Playing From) work better with size settings other than 100%.
1. Fixed: When converting audio to WAV format, the RIFF chunk size could be set wrong by 8 bytes.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: The skinning engine uses high quality supersampling to shrink skin images so that high resolution enabled skins look better.
4. Fixed: Seeking of video was not working with Gizmo in the last two builds.
5. Changed: MC will fix incorrectly written root chunk size of WAV and AIFF files during tag writing.
6. Changed: Revised image drawing to only require SSE2 for acceleration instead of SSSE3.
7. Fixed: YouTube music video playback was not working.
1. Fixed: In Theater View, when a dialog was shown, moving the mouse outside the dialog could shift the focus away and lead to problems.
2. Fixed: In some cases, the Genre value would not be retrieved for an episode when doing a TheTVDB lookup.
3. Changed: MP4 files are loaded and tested for media type before they are analyzed so audio files will not need to be sent to video engine.
4. Fixed: MP4 input plugin registration did not register 3GA file type correctly.
1. Fixed: Sound Check values were not being written to the iPod's database during upload.
2. Faster: Improvements to the DLNA server to make it perform better under high load.
3. Faster: Speed enhancements to core XML code (used in many places in the program).
4. Fixed: Fixed a typo on the MP3 input plugin configuration dialog.
5. Changed: When using output encoding (AC3, DSD, DoP) the output plugin will no longer be restarted between tracks when the input sample rate changes.
6. Fixed: Double-click from an image preview view could crash.
7. Changed: VOB subtitle durations are better honored.
1. Fixed: AC3 playback was not working in build 53.
2. Fixed: With left-click lasso enabled, scrolling a list could start a lasso.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo supports setting multiple fields / values per call by CSV encoding a list for Field and Value parameters and also setting a parameter List=CSV.
4. Fixed: Yahoo! news in Theater View could show extra noise around the story text.
1. Fixed: Handling of 32-bit integer input files was not working in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Font kerning in edit controls could be incorrect in build 51.
3. Fixed: The skin effects dialog would allow itself to be closed while the color picker was opening, leading to a possible crash.
4. Fixed: Added support for MP4 files that used a custom genre atom in their tag, but stored a standard genre by putting a number in parenthesis.
5. Fixed: Double-click on the pause button while playing was not stopping.
6. Fixed: When playing on an LS client a television channel that happens to be recording in transport stream (.ts) format on the server, the recording could be interrupted when the client stops playing.
7. Fixed: When playing on an LS client a television recording in transport stream (.ts) format, the length of playback was limited to the length of recording at the moment the playback started, even though the recording was on going on the server.
8. Changed: When playing on an LS client a television recording in transport stream format, if the server is still recording the file, playback switches to a jtv file so the playback length can grow with the recording.
1. Changed: Updated the Indonesian translation (Thanks elda).
2. Fixed: Double-click in live television video window (using EVR) did not work.
3. Fixed: 2x DSD playback was not working on the TEAC UD-501.
4. Fixed: Fonts that used left or right overhangs could draw with the overhang portion cropped.
5. Fixed: The new Size option was not scaling fonts properly if you had never customized the font in Options > Tree & View.
6. Fixed: The white-list for allowing system volume to work while bitstreaming was not working with some Resonessence Labs hardware.
7. Fixed: Automatic library backups and check for updates would not be started when the command line was not empty (so launching at boot with /MediaServer, etc. could disable this functionality).
8. Changed: Added the ability to use the token [User] in the playerbar to display the name of the current user.
9. Fixed: Customization to the playerbar would not always take effect right away.
10. NEW: Added 'Set levels from decibel meter' button to Room Correction to make it easier to calibrate levels.
1. NEW: Added View > Size option to resize Standard View (only works well with some skins; Noire recommended).
2. Changed: Memory playback automatically disengages when using Audio Calibration for Tools > Advanced Tools (since audio calibration clips will play forever until stopped).
3. Changed: Audio Calibration clips always use gapless track transitions (instead of possibly gapping or fading based on user options).
4. SDK: Skin items can specify a Scale attribute so that high resolution images can be used (ie. Scale="2.0" for a double resolution image).
5. Fixed: When watching an on-going television recording in transport stream (.ts) format, not all of the already recorded portion was shown, if the portion was longer than the pre-set time-shifting window.
6. Fixed: ATI HDTVWonder tuner would not record in transport stream format.
7. Changed: DSD encoding targets a slightly more conservative volume level (by about 1.6dB) so that it works better with Sabre-based DACs (and possibly others).
8. Fixed: Clicking 'Exit' in Theater View with the mouse would not show the dialog with the last couple builds.
1. Fixed: Theater View could be slow to show in some cases with the last few builds.
2. Faster: Netflix in Theater View does all loading of episodes on demand, so displaying the queue is much faster.
3. Fixed: Some YouTube music videos would not play from Theater View.
4. Changed: Startup and between track silence is -96dBFS narrow band pink noise instead of pure silence so that it works better with hardware that ignores pure silence ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83964.0 ).
5. Changed: Video files with TrueHD audio tracks will say 'Dolby TrueHD' in the compression field instead of 'unknown codec'.
6. Changed: Tooltips are now allowed to show in the Smartlist editor (and other places) when an edit or combobox is focused.
7. Changed: Added a help button on the popup expression editor that links to the expression language wiki: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language (thanks MrC).
8. New: Added an option for ignoring specified IP interfaces for DLNA.
1. Changed: When recording television programs in transport stream format, MC will insert PAT and PMT packets if it does not detect such packets in the stream.
2. Fixed: Double-clicking the right edge of a list header column to auto-size was not working.
3. Faster: Additional tuning of SSE code used for 16-bit PCM input data handling to make it another 20% faster.
4. Fixed: When the detached display was Aero snapped, it would not always be positioned correctly when reattaching.
5. Changed: Volume Leveling will disable (instead of using the default -10dB for unanalyzed audio files) when playing test clips (Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration).
6. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver doesn't load Media Center until it's actually started for playback (instead of when the host creates buffers).
7. Fixed: Drag-n-drop reording in a list manager was not working (like DSP Studio plugins, etc.).
8. Fixed: Playback stats for images were not always updating for the last image viewed.
1. Fixed: During conversion or audio analysis, the process could slow down unexpectedly if the input thread was running much faster than the output thread.
2. Faster: Core audio engine bitdepth handling code is faster when dealing with 16-bit integer input on SSE enabled CPUs (common on CD rips with lossless formats).
3. Faster: Final audio engine stage that handles clipping is about 2x faster.
1. Changed: Carnac better deals with TV show filenames that use the full episode name (including season and series) as their folder name instead of using a series folder.
2. Fixed: In some cases, VOB subtitle would draw with the red and blue channels flipped (so yellow subtitles appeared blue).
3. Changed: Changed the menu and toolbar text for "Zones" and "Skins" from plural to singular.
4. NEW: Added the ability to add a 'User' toolbar button.
5. Fixed: Visualization Studio could crash in some cases.
6. Faster: More efficient and faster user interface drawing in Standard View.
7. Faster: When burning, converting, analyzing, etc. files they would redraw in lists that didn't show the status column. Now only the status column redraws (if visible).
8. Faster: Revised list and tree mouse move redrawing system so that mouse movement only redraws the row under the cursor when necessary instead of always.
1. Fixed: mp4/m4a files would not play on LS clients if user chooses "Automatic" or "JRiver audio engine (using input plug-in)" for Playback Type.
2. Changed: Video playback no longer forces the 'Clip protection' overflow handling mode but instead allows flat-lining overflows if so desired.
3. Fixed: Some click handling problems from build 44.
4. Fixed: When MP3 decoding encountered bad frames, audio analysis could slow way down instead of quickly working through the errors.
1. Fixed: Shell extensions were causing problems in build 43.
2. Internal: More work on mouse click and double-click handling to fix some issues with trackpads (please report any issues).
1. Fixed: A couple click / mouse issues due to the internal click handling changes.
2. Changed: Analyze Audio allows analyzing up to 8 files at a time instead of 4.
3. Fixed: Memory playback could engage when analyzing audio or converting and impact the memory usage and performance of the operation.
4. Faster: Improved thread parallelism when analyzing audio (and to a lesser extent regular playback).
5. SDK: The HTML engine supports .Rating and .RatingStars variables on any file object (can be used by WebGizmo, etc.).
6. Fixed: If a video file issued a finished event before ever starting, it could cause the audio analyzer to hang on the file.
7. Fixed: Thai text (and possibly others) could draw with incorrect character spacing.
8. Fixed: ASIO Line-in playback was not working properly.
9. Fixed: A corrupt MP3 file could cause a crash when decoding in rare cases.
10. Changed: Edit control scrollbars are indented one pixel so that they're inside the edit border with most skins.
11. Fixed: The Trunc(...) math expression function could show incorrect results in some cases.
1. Fixed: Theater View could crash in rare cases.
2. Changed: The installer checks for SSE2 and shows an error if it's not found instead of refusing to run (we have no way to test this, so confirmation would be appreciated).
3. Changed: Revised the check for operating system support for AVX CPU instructions to hopefully fix an issue on XP running in Parallels (testing appreciated).
4. Fixed: When a client request a television channel that the server is already running (either recording or serving other clients), a black rectangle is drawn on the upper lefter corner of the server.
1. Changed: Added support for SSA/ASS subtitle custom margins in the styles block.
2. NEW: Convert Format allows optionally specifying an audio output bitdepth.
3. Fixed: A corrupted APE file could cause decoding to stall in rare cases.
4. Fixed: Television tuner specific configuration dialog was not displayed.
5. Fixed: MadVR fell out of exclusive mode on OSD with TV playback.
1. Changed: A processor that supports SSE2 is now required (added in 2001 to Intel, 2003 to AMD).
2. NEW: Added a 6 dB/octave mode for high and low pass filters in Parametric Equalizer.
3. Changed: The import summary is presented as an Action Window and only shows a popup and switches to 'Recently Imported' if a user clicks 'Details' on the summary.
4. Fixed: The new JRTelevision Dll did not work.
5. Internal: Revised left mouse click handling so that single, double, and triple clicks are generated by JRiver's framework instead of the operating system (should be internal change, but please report any mouse related issues).
6. Fixed: The installer could incorrectly want to reboot when it couldn't install the shell extensions.
1. Fixed: Some handheld devices would not appear in the last few builds (due to the internal COM changes).
2. Faster: When loading Theater View backdrops from multiple sources, all sources are loaded at once instead of loading one at a time.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/File/GetFile allows specifying a custom mime type for the response (to deal with carriers or ISPs that may block or throttle MP3 data).
4. Faster: Netflix queue is downloaded 2 to 3 times faster due to using parallel threading. Cancel works better.
5. Fixed: A few rare MP3 files could get slow to play or analyze.
6. Fixed: The brightness / contrast skin effect could overflow and look bad when using SSE acceleration.
7. Fixed: The removed FTP upload tool could incorrectly appear in the send to menu ( removed when MFC was removed: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75971.0 ).
8. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver allows the host to configure the driver buffer size instead of keying off Options > Audio > Live playback latency (this way programs that query for the buffer size of all ASIO drivers on startup won't cause MC to start).
9. Changed: Socket buffer size to 32k.
10. Changed: Allow re-use of the base socket listener for library server (non-windows versions).
11. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode would not use a fixed gain in some cases where it should have.
12. Internal: Switched television engine from an MFC COM control (MJTVControl.dll) to a regular DLL (JRTelevision.dll).
1. Fixed: The installer would always register the 64-bit shell extensions, leading to cases where shell extensions could show in Explorer when the option was off in MC (manually turn on, OK out of options, then turn off, and OK out of options to fix).
2. Fixed: The custom library backup path validation could unnecessarily create the default folder.
3. Changed: Rewrote several core MMX image manipulation routines in SSE (most around 2x faster and now work cross platform).
4. Fixed: The visual mouse over state for an edit control would not always be honored properly.
5. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode normalizes on a per-track basis when Volume Leveling is off and on a per-playlist basis when Volume Leveling is on.
6. Fixed: WPD camera acquisition could fail in the last few builds due to the internal COM changes.
7. Changed: MC has a white list of device names that support system volume while bitstreaming, and no longer disables the system volume slider when playing to these devices (if you have a device like this, please provide details).
8. Fixed: Audio device names with pipes or backslashes in them could cause problems in Options > Audio.
9. Changed: Added experimental support for ASIO DSD output to devices that do not specify a DSD buffer format like Teac, maybe others (feedback appreciated).
10. Fixed: If auto-import got canceled while analyzing audio, it would record it as an error and not try again for a year.
11. Fixed: Column auto-sizing was not working in some areas.
12. Fixed: The projection aspect ratio was inconsistent when switching between some 3d visualizations.
1. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
2. Changed: The CSV text copied to the clipboard when copying from a list uses tab instead of comma as the delimiter.
3. Fixed: Playing YouTube videos, MC would not resume playback after entering buffering state.
4. Changed: Switched convolution based image effects (sharpen, emboss, etc.) to use SSE instead of MMX (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: MC will now read and write replay gain (Volume Level) tags in Windows Media files.
6. Fixed: Loopback was not working in the last couple builds due to internal COM changes.
1. NEW: Added native support for little-endian PCM AIFF files (previously only the more common big-endian or floating point AIFF files were supported natively).
2. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard generated RFC 4180 compliant CSV data (previously some special characters, newlines, etc. were not formatted for RFC 4180 compliance).
3. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard puts CSV into the text area of the clipboard (instead of having different text and CSV formats).
4. Fixed: If something triggered a Standard View view switch while Theater View was showing, it could steal the keyboard / remote focus.
5. Fixed: MC could not read and write replay gain tags in APE tags that used replaygain_track_gain style naming.
6. Changed: MC no longer adjust replay gain value internally by 6 dB (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
1. Fixed: Seeking during YouTube playback could cause extremely slow network traffic from the server.
2. Fixed: After acquiring images from a camera, the program would not always update and show the 'Recently Acquired' playlist.
3. Fixed: TiVo Server could fail to run in some cases in the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Several issues from COM changes in build 34.
5. Changed: More tweaks to Noire skin.
6. Changed: Adaptive Volume is locked at the #2 position in DSP Studio (Output Format, Volume Levelling, and Adaptive Volume happen at the front of the audio chain, other effects happen JIT at the end).
7. Changed: The automatic library backup system will switch to the default backup location when a user specified folder is no longer valid.
8. Changed: Help > System Info was missing the device manager information on Windows 8.
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/Played function to update play stats, Scrobble, etc.
10. SDK: All MCWS/v1/File/* functions accept a library key or filename (to use a filename, set FileType to Filename).
11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.
1. Fixed: Doing a YADB track lookup could hang when using a file that required DirectShow for decoding.
2. Changed: DVD rips now use Carnac for better decoding of series/season/disc# information in disc volume name.
3. Internal: Made usage of COM opt-in instead of opt-out for worker threads. Please report any issues.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Some phrases were not translated.
6. NEW: MC can record television channels on CableCARD devices in transport stream (.ts) format.
7. Changed: Improved internal engine quality when playing 2x DSD input, using processing, and outputting 2x DSD.
8. Faster: Improvements to DSD output encoding to reduce the chance of buffer shortfalls.
1. Fixed: Adaptive volume would sometimes not apply (fixed) volume adjustment on already analyzed files.
2. Fixed: The Direct Sound buffering slider wouldn't save the value.
3. Changed: Additional updates to the default Noire skin.
4. Changed: Added some logging to the ASIO driver to trouble-shoot hosts that load the driver but don't actually use it (which can cause MC to launch).
5. Changed: SRT subtitles suppress mystery <32> and <35> markers used by Swedish public television.
6. Fixed: When the system short date format used the month as a string instead of a number, it could cause date parsing to make incorrect guesses with regards to day and month ordering for ambiguous dates like '3-4'.
7. Changed: Date parsing of three numbers (like 3-4-12 or 2012.3.4) will always assume the ordering matches the system default (unless it's a clear variant like year.month.day).
8. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
1. Changed: Added support for viewing CMYK JPEG files.
2. Changed: Media Network authentication tokens last three days instead of two hours (so coming back to Gizmo after inactivity works better).
3. Fixed: MC will no longer crash when importing videos with the "folder.jpg" in the folder above it.
1. Fixed: The text <font> could appear in Theater View captions in build 30.
2. Fixed: Volume Leveling could be applied when playing to a DLNA device, even if it was turned off in Options > Media Network.
1. Faster: When calling the web service for images, when png is requested but no transparency is in the image, a high quality jpeg will be returned instead (makes Gizmo browsing faster).
2. Fixed: Mp4 files with embedded images were not always using the image as the thumbnail.
3. Fixed: The JRiver ASIO driver installed by MC19 could cause problems in MC18.
4. Fixed: When switching tracks with some between track modes, ASIO output could fall out of DoP mode for a split second.
5. Fixed: Deleting the last image from a slideshow could lead to a crash.
6. Changed: Text drawing system no longer supports "<font" markers without a space after them (ie. the correct <font size="150%"> works but the incorrect <fontsize="150%"> will no longer work).
7. Fixed: Playback stats were not being tracked for image playback.
1. NEW: Freshened the look of the default Noire skin.
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start if a different version of Media Center was used last.
3. Changed: When searching for sidecar artwork, instead of searching only for Folder.jpg, the program will find Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg, Front.jpg (and also any image extension like .jpeg, .png, etc.).
4. Changed: When scanning for television channels, the tuner type is automatically selected according to user configured tuner type of the first non-disabled tuner in the list, instead of always defaulting to "ATSC".
5. Changed: Removed the appearance selection page from the installer.
6. Fixed: Using the new group expressions in Theater View could cause 'circular reference' errors to appear in some cases.
7. Changed: When the Analyze Audio tool is being run manually (ie. not part of auto-import), it will prevent the system from going to sleep.
8. Fixed: Tooltips in edit controls were not showing reliably (making it hard to get context sensitive help when editing expressions).
9. NEW: The target latency for live playback (WASAPI loopback, ASIO line-in, JRiver ASIO driver) can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency (remember that the output latency from Options > Audio > Device settings... is added to this latency).
10. Fixed: DVD Video burning was not working for longer duration video files.
11. Changed: .rec files will now be recognized and played.
1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)
1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.
1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.
1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up.
1. Fixed: The audio analyzer was not properly returning per-channel peaks.
2. NEW: JRSS downmixing uses per-channel peak levels from audio analysis when they're available to make a better determination about how much (if any) volume reduction is required to prevent clipping after the downmix.
3. Changed: The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' roller items do not appear in Theater View when the volume is in disabled mode.
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).
5. Changed: Doing a Camera acquire shows a playlist 'Recently Acquired' that contains only images acquired in the last hour (like other recent playlists, it is automatically cleaned up after a few days).
1. Fixed: When non-analyzable files were added to the analyzer, the program would dead-lock when showing the error dialog.
2. Changed: Added int(...), frac(...), round(...), and trunc(...) to the math evaluator (used in expressions, visualizations, etc.).
3. Changed: The math evaluator is double-precision (64-bit) instead of single-precision (32-bit) for floating point operations.
4. Changed: The option to not draw frames on image thumbnails is honored in grouped details lists (previously it was only honored in thumbnail lists).
5. Fixed: File creation could fail in build 19.0.22, causing several possible strange problems.
1. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that have copyright atom could cause MC to crash.
2. Changed: Vertical scrollbars are positioned inside the column header in a list instead of over it (allows a cleaner look with some skins and is logical since the column header doesn't scroll).
3. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
4. Fixed: MC did not write copyright tag to mp4 files.
5. Changed: MC will try reading copyright tag from a second location in mp4 files if the ISO-defined 'cprt' atom does not exist.
6. Changed: The list editing widget (used for editing keywords, etc.) puts the 'Add' box at the bottom and moves the instructions into the box for a cleaner alignment and less chance for the suggestions when adding to obscure the existing list.
7. Faster: File I/O adds a buffering layer that engages when small reads are performed so that underlying reads are never too small (a real world example where this helps is with FLAC playback over some types of wireless networks).
1. Changed: The audio analyzer considers a file analyzed if it has a 'Volume Level (R128)' and 'Peak Level (R128)' value.
2. Faster: Analyzing files to decide what playback / decoding method to use is faster (makes opening the Analyze Audio dialog with lots of files faster).
3. Fixed: Files with a peak level of 0.0 dB could incorrectly be marked as needing analysis.
4. Changed: The standard ReplayGain volume level and peak level tags will not be written to tags if tagging is turned off for the corresponding MC fields 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' and 'Peak Level (Sample)'.
1. Changed: Memory playback gracefully handles cases where memory allocation fails.
2. Changed: Added 'Peak Level (Sample)' field to report the peak level found in an actual sample value (doesn't account for inter-peak overs like R128 TruePeak).
3. Changed: Added 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' that will be filled from tags or an old MC library on import.
4. Changed: After analyzing a file, the 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' field and tag will be filled with a ReplayGain v2 value (which is the R128 level with a +5dB adjustment).
5. Changed: When a file has a 'Peak Level (Sample)' value and no 'Peak Level (R128)' value, the sample peak will be used (with 1.5dB extra headroom added to make it more similar to R128 True Peak).
6. Changed: When a file has a 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' value and no 'Volume Level (R128)' value, the ReplayGain value will be used with Volume Leveling (adjusted by -5dB to make it more similar to an R128 value).
7. Changed: Removed some unneeded COM initialization / uninitialization from Media Network server threads (might help with ole32.dll crashes during idle).
1. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache was not enabled for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: The 'Check for Updates' Action Window could use the wrong button width for the button (may also apply to other places where the button text changes dynamically).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
1. Fixed: A few 3d visualizations were not working properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
2. Changed: Removed 3d text visualization (it's no longer possible to create a 3d mesh from text using the D3DX helper).
1. Changed: When getting thumbnails JRWorker will test-load the image embedded in mp4 files, and if not valid, will fall back to capturing an image from the video.
2. Changed: JPEG tag padding is stored as an APP9 segment instead of an APP14 segment because some Android devices would not properly handle an APP14 block that contained empty data.
3. Fixed: The option to start playback of the current playlist would not work when MC was configured to start when Windows loaded.
4. Internal: Switched most of the math used by hardware accelerated drawing away from D3DX to JRiver code (please report any new issues with Theater View, etc.).
1. Changed: JPEG tagging would fail to read IPTC tags from newer versions of Photoshop.
2. Changed: The tag dump for JPEG files in the Tag Action Window shows the full file structure (list of JPEG segments, with a little information about each segment).
3. Changed: JPEG tagging understands APP15 segments filled with 0xFF bytes and considers them padding that can be removed on tag save (not sure what program writes them).
4. Changed: JPEG tagging always uses a consistent segment order: JFIF (if present), EXIF, XMP, IPTC, MJMD, Padding, other App blocks (if present), image data.
5. Changed: Removing tags on a JPEG removes the XMP, IPTC, MJMD, and Padding segments (but leaves the EXIF block).
6. Fixed: Importing mp4 video files with embedded tags did not get additional tags (for example Aspect Ratio) that were not already in the file.
1. Changed: Hooked up new R128 volume leveling for handhelds, DLNA, and file conversion.
2. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.2 (thanks nevcairiel).
3. Changed: Revised how presets are saved and loaded in DSP Studio > Equalizer to hopefully be more clear.
4. Fixed: The tag dump in the Action Window would be blank when showing for the first file.
1. Faster: True Peak analyzer when using SSE on 44.1 and 48 kHz content is about 20% faster.
2. Changed: Ripping and burning now use the updated R128 audio analysis.
3. Changed: When volume leveling is enabled but applying no change, it will still show in Audio Path as +0.0dB.
4. Changed: When using album gain for R128, the loudest track in a cluster will define the gain instead of the average (since quiet tracks may call for a gain unachievable by loud tracks due to their peak level).
5. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 volume is saved into the existing Replay Gain field (using a +5.0dB shift, as per Replay Gain v2 / David Robinson).
6. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 peak level is saved into the standard 'Peak Level' field (converted from decibels to a percent and stored like '0.944').
7. Faster: ListCombine(...) expression is faster.
8. Fixed: JTV video conversion lip-sync problem.
1. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for videos except for when the Media Sub Type is set to Music Video.
2. Fixed: Direct Sound playback would not work with devices that didn't support 24-bit audio.
3. Fixed: Video width and height fields could be filled incorrectly.
4. Fixed: When converting from some jtv television recordings, the converted files would have incorrect aspect ratio. Make sure you correct width and height problem first (see 2. above) before retry conversion.
5. Changed: Video width and height values in the database are applied before playing jtv files so videos will not be played at wrong aspect ratio briefly at the beginning.
6. Changed: Switched from htbackdrops.com to htbackdrops.org (their updated site) as a source for some Theater View online media backdrops.
7. Fixed: Audio Analysis was running a core audio engine thread at a higher thread priority than intended, causing possible playback or system performance issues while analyzing.
8. Changed: DST decompression (used by DSD, CPU expensive) automatically adjusts the thread priorities used for decoding based on the caller's priority (so DSD background analysis, etc. has less impact on system responsiveness).
9. Changed: Improvements to how memory playback manages CPU load when decoding demanding sources like DST compressed DSD.
10. Fixed: The ISO media type detector was not getting some ISO files correct.
11. NEW: Video aspect ratio is imported during thumbnailing.
12. NEW: Theater View fades down the user interface elements after 90 seconds of inactivity to prevent burn in (optional in Options > Theater View > Behavior).
13. NEW: Volume Leveling accounts for volume changes from JRSS downmixing, so that mixing different channel count content will provide a more consistent volume level.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View while the 'News' view was loading could crash in some cases.
15. Faster: R128 True Peak analysis uses a new brickwall FIR lowpass when upsampling that's much faster (readings will be mostly the same but could vary by up to 0.2dB from the previous resampler).
16. Faster: R128 True Peak uses SSE instructions when possible to help performance.
1. NEW: Real-time 2xDSD output added to DSP Studio > Output Format (requires ASIO connection to 2xDSD capable DAC) (real-time DSD encoding not available for video playback).
2. Changed: Renamed 'Peak Level' field to 'Peak Level (R128)' and changed the units in the field to 'dBTP' from 'dB' to better indicate the values are R128 True Peak values (sorry, but this will require files to be reanalyzed).
3. Fixed: Some BD ISO files were not being properly imported as movies.
4. Fixed: Selecting a Direct Sound output mode was not working properly.
5. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.1.
6. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.86.9.
7. Fixed: While playing a currently recording television show in transport stream format MC would play the ts file instead of going to the tuner that was doing the recording.
8. Fixed: MC could hang upon stopping when playing a video over the network (Library server, or YouTube etc.).
9. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for Podcasts.
1. NEW: Real-time DSD output for any content is possible using DSP Studio > Output Format > Output Encoding.
2. Changed: Tuned the program startup loader thread so that background tools begin running more quickly.
3. Fixed: Audio analysis fields were not visible in video views.
4. Changed: When importing ISO files of DVD or Bluray discs, the program will automatically mark them as Video / Movie for a media type, and search for sidecar cover art.
5. Fixed: OGG import could crash.
6. Changed: 'Peak Level' values calculated by the audio analyzer are R128 True Peak values.
7. Changed: Volume Leveling and Adaptive Volume in Peak Level Normalize mode target -1.0dB instead of 0.0dB (as per R128 recommendations).
8. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
9. Fixed: With memory playback enabled, seeking forward in a track after the track had been fully cached could advance to the next track instead of seeking.
10. Fixed: Seeks could be unnecessarily slow when using memory playback.
11. Changed: Peak Level analysis uses -144.0 dB as a minimum.
12. Fixed: In some cases the output plugin settings in Options > Audio were not being configured for the correct zone.
13. Changed: When starting in Media Server mode, the program more quickly gets servers and TV recording running.
14. Fixed: "jpeg" is now an allowable format for cover art.
15. Fixed: The television recording conflicts warning did not work properly when stacked channels were involved.
1. Fixed: 'Analyze Audio' was not available in the right-click menu for video files.
2. Changed: The internal library version has been incremented. It will no longer be possible to load a library from this version with an older version.
3. Changed: Revised the data type of the 'Peak Level' field so that it uses decibels and contains per-channel peak levels.
4. Changed: Removed Replay Gain fields, since Replay Gain has been replaced by R128.
5. Changed: Bumped up PIX01 limits to 200 images and 6 videos per gallery. Maximum gallery size is 600M.
6. Fixed: Server serving live television programs to clients did not work with the new channel stack system.
7. Fixed: A few possible cases where background threads that showed user interface could hang or cause a focus shift.
8. Changed: Added additional logging to the search suggestion system to help debug performance issues on some machines.
9. Fixed: R128 Dynamic Range analysis was not handling gating properly in build 19.0.9, leading to incorrect readings in some cases.
10. Changed: When parsing strings into numbers, parsing math expressions, etc. both types of minus will be honored ('-' and '‒').
12. Changed: Improved how Adaptive Volume reports in Audio Path, including more detail and the current volume change.
10. Changed: DLNA added missing evented variable.
11. Fixed: DLNA renderer wasn't sending events on track change when used with a controller that supported SetNextAVTransportURI (Media Steersman).
12. NEW: Added FirstNotEmpty(...) expression function to output the first value that is not empty from a variable size argument list.
13. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlists/Add function to the web service to allow playlists and smartlists to be added.
14. Changed: Switched the naming in the audio / video bitrate monitoring filters used during video playback to 'JRiver' from the older 'J. River'.
15. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Zones/Unlink was not working properly.
16. Changed: When searching in Options, the available choices are also searched for most options instead of only the selected option (not available for all options, since some lists are built on demand when they're opened).
1. Fixed: DLNA bug where SetNextAVTransportURI gets called at least once even when disabled.
2. Fixed: DLNA polling interval bug, reduce chatter.
3. Changed: DLNA handle bug from some renderers which mis-spell NOT_IMPLEMENTED!
4. Fixed: When the mouse left a list, the mouse-over selection state could stay visible in certain cases.
5. Fixed: The installer could fail during a fresh install in some cases.
6. Changed: Removed MPL v1 parsing support (JRiver has been writing MPL v2 for many years).
7. Changed: Removed legacy MJMETADATA tag save / load code (not used since around MJ8).
8. Changed: Removed support for loading MJ8 libraries directly (please use MC18 to upgrade then migrate, or else just import files again).
9. NEW: R128 loudness (LU) and dynamic range (LRA) calculations are part of audio analysis.
10. Changed: DSP Studio > Volume Leveling is now built on top of R128 instead of ReplayGain.
11. NEW: Analyze Audio for video]
12. Fixed: Right-click menu and some other popup windows was prematurely destroyed when CableCARD television tuner devices were involved.
1. Fixed: Message box message "This feature is only available to Last.fm subscribers." was not translated.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: Typing in the Options search box could temporarily shift focus, causing the first letter to get replaced by the second letter.
4. Fixed: Downloading files larger than 2GB could fail.
5. Changed: Tuned how the time remaining is reported in the Action Window during downloads (to work better with large downloads and to be more concise).
6. NEW: Media Center uses LibRaw for RAW image decoding and analyzing (thanks LibRaw, Alex Tutubalin, and Dave Coffin).
7. Changed: Media Center will prevent the system from going to sleep while doing a handheld transfer.
8. Fixed: When converting some FLAC files to ogg, it will no longer tag as "ogv"
9. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
10. NEW: Television channel stacking. Channels that carry the same programs can be stacked into a channel pool. Only the stack top is visible in UI.
11. Fixed: In Performer Store, following purchase of an album, the list of available assets for that album could be incorrect and the price for a track could be listed the same as the album price.
12. Changed: RAW image decoding uses the white balance as shot by the camera instead of always using 'Daylight' white balance.
13. Fixed: Server computer would not go to sleep after serving live television to clients.
14. Fixed: Movie ripping was not working at all in recent builds.
15. Changed: Movie rip action window is now closed immediately after a cancel confirm pop-up or a ripping error pop-up was shown.
16. Fixed: If a movie rip was aborted due to lack of disk space, the action window could appear to be stuck.
17. Fixed: MC could crash when stopping playing a CableCARD tuner, especially in Red October HQ.
1. NEW: When configuring playback options (audio, video, image), the dialog will clearly show what zone is being configured and allow switching the zone.
2. NEW: Remote zones (DLNA renderers and Library Server zones) better message and disable things that are not possible like Options > Audio, DSP Studio, volume modes, etc.
3. Changed: Changed several video options to zone-specific (Red October mode, edge cropping, default aspect ratio, hardware acceleration).
4. Changed: ASIO stores the active device based on the CLSID of the driver instead of the index so that changing installed ASIO drivers won't break configured zones.
5. NEW: Revised how output modes and devices are selected in Options > Audio.
6. Fixed: Some Action Window pages would not show their controls properly after minimizing and restoring.
7. Changed: When displaying the name of a device in Options > Audio, a cleaner will be run so Windows names like 'Speakers (2- AudioQuest DragonFly)' will show more cleanly as 'AudioQuest DragonFly'.
8. Fixed: Album and artist fields in "Podcast tag and file renaming rules" now work as expected.
9. Fixed: Ogg Vorbis now fills its compression field with "Ogg Vorbis"
10. Fixed: Fast MP3 encoding (using Go-Go) would not work when the input file was not 16-bit.
11. NEW: Startup and inter track silence will be honored when bitstreaming DSD.
12. Changed: Added another method for catching media keys so that 'Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center' won't stop media keys from working when the program doesn't have the focus.
1. Fixed: HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuners did not work.
2. Faster: Optimizations to core string engine, helping performance in many areas of the program.
3. Faster: The sorting system used when dealing with category items (albums, artists, etc.) is faster at dealing with numeric sorts.
4. Changed: Added a tooltip to the 'Cover View' button at the top right of library views.
5. Changed: Internal consolidation in the user interface library to remove some legacy (and no longer needed) systems.
6. Fixed: Image editing could lead to a crash on shutdown.
7. Changed: Converted audio files will no longer have the audio analysis values (Replay Gain, etc.) copied from the source file (the encoding could have changed the correct values).
8. Fixed: Moving the mouse while the sort all / inside groups menu was showing would incorrectly simulate a column header drag.
9. Fixed: 3d objects in Theater View were not drawing properly on some XP machines.
10. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
11. Fixed: The quick find toolbar in a list (F3) didn't look nice with the Black on Black skin.
12. Faster: Work to reduce the number of timers running to check things, update things, etc. (the idle timer load is now about 6x smaller than it was before).
13. Fixed: The 'Help' button in Options could go to the wrong page in some cases.
14. Fixed: On Edit Channel list dialog some channel details were not shown for QAM and CableCARD channels.
15. NEW: When adding a zone, it's possible to copy the settings from an existing zone to the new zone.
16. NEW: When a column header is not wide enough to show all of its text, a truncation tooltip will be shown.
1. Changed: Reduced the latency of the JRiver ASIO driver.
2. Changed: Lists now allow two expression columns to be added that use the same expression (or that both have empty expressions).
3. Changed: When returning to Theater View, if the previously selected list index has a different name (due to database changes, etc.) the selection will reset to the top of the list.
4. Fixed: Some commands on the right-click menu of a zone to control Zone Linking could operate on the current zone instead of the right-clicked zone.
5. Changed: The input stage of the playback engine has one fourth the latency (now about 1.5ms at 44.1kHz, down from 5.8ms).
6. Changed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates a little more.
7. Faster: Revised the layout engine used for user interface and views so that it won't hide and reshow a control unnecessarily during a layout.
8. Fixed: Clicking off a pending Tag Action Window change onto a list could discard the click on the list.
1. Fixed: Accepting an edit control suggestion could lead to a crash.
2. Fixed: The 64-bit ASIO driver would not register properly on a clean install.
3. Changed: When playing mono (1 channel) audio, Parametric Equalizer will treat the mono channel as 'Left' so that it's possible to manipulate these streams.
4. Fixed: The Tag Action Window could flicker during resizing.
5. Fixed: A menu or combobox list would not always go away properly when activating a different window.
6. Fixed: Tuned the list of WavPack hybrid mode bitrates.
7. Changed: Improved how latency is managed for ASIO driver playback.
8. Changed: Added 5ms as possible buffer size choices for WASAPI and ASIO.
9. Fixed: Some ALAC files (e.g. those produced by 'Sound Studio 3') were not playable because of a strange looking 'alac' mp4 atom. We now ignore the strange data.
1. Changed: ASIO always rolls silence on pause similar to WASAPI (instead of this being a user option).
2. Changed: The ASIO buffer size configuration uses a combobox instead of a slider for buffer sizes.
3. NEW: Added SaveAdd(...) expression function to make it easier to add numeric or string values to an existing variable.
4. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working after some Hulu site changes.
5. Fixed: A relative path that starts with a backslash could incorrectly end up with a filename that had two backslashes after the drive.
6. Changed: Integer numeric fields will better support large values (greater than 2 billion).
7. Fixed: JRSS downmixing was not always energy neutral when downmixing to mono.
8. Fixed: The 12th Car Radio button was not working.
9. Changed: Updated the internal core JRiver redirect for v19.
10. Fixed: Playback of certain streaming video could lead to crash.
11. Fixed: MC will no longer hang when trying to connect to a media server with a password. 12. NEW: Memory playback caches decoded data instead of encoded data (meaning all forms of lossless are identical in memory and resource usage during playback).
13. Changed: The Playing Now / Playing From tree items will only auto-expand one time each run, so after collapsing the 'Playing Now' tree item it will not reopen automatically.
1. NEW: Added ASIO driver to allow using the JRiver engine for playback from other programs.
2. Changed: Updated splash screen, about box, etc. for v19.
3. Fixed: A few migration issues from the change to v18.
First build of MC19