Pops and Clicks
Revision as of 13:03, 13 February 2007 by Dcwebman
Sometimes when playing your music in Media Center you may hear pops and clicks.
Here are some things to try:
- Try switching playback between Direct Sound and Wave Out.
- Try updating your sound card drivers.
- If you're using a sound card, make sure your BIOS has any on-board sound disabled.
- Adding other programs that play sound may cause a problem. Try uninstalling these other programs.
- Another possibility for anyone who has a problem is the well known (but no so commonly seen these days) problem with via chipsets and latency settings in the BIOS. Try a web search for these.
- Disable any third party plug-ins, visualizations, spam blockers, pop-up blockers, virus checkers, etc. that you use while running Media Center.
- Check your Windows volume controls and make sure your Mic is muted.
- The pop or click may actually be in the song itself.
- Enable silence suppression ("Do not play silence ..." option) for gapless MP3 playback.
- Increase the buffering in: Options > Playback > Output Mode Settings.
- Turn off sample-rate conversion or other CPU-hungry DSPs.