Player > Playback Options > Playback Options
Tools > Options > Playback
Media Center saves two playback settings: a default setting (select the Default tab) and an alternate setting (select the Alternate tab) which is accessible by holding down the ALT key while double clicking on a file or clicking on the Player buttons.
|Output Mode & Output Mode Settings||Select the output device the program uses for playback. Use the default "Wave Out" and Windows will automatically choose the right playback device. However, if you have multiple sound cards or hi-fi soundcards with multiple outputs, you may want to select other settings. The available modes are:
|DSP & Output Format||Opens the DSP Studio box, where you can set equalizer, effects, replay gain and output format settings for your output. See DSP Studio (Equalizer, Replay Gain & DSP)|
|Do not play silence||If this option is selected, the program skips long portions of silence during playback. This is quite useful for hidden tracks or tracks with a lot of leading or trailing silence. This option may not be a good choice for classical music or other genres that contain long, intentional pauses in the middle of songs.|
|Switch Tracks||This setting describes how the program sounds when it changes tracks.
|Seeking||This setting affects how Media Center sounds when it changes position within a track.
|Stop||This determines what happens when you select the stop button on the Player Window. You can have Media Center stop the file immediately or you can have the song fadeout.|
|Alternate Mode Settings||Media Center saves two playback settings: a default and an alternate setting. Select this and set the options for the alternate setting. To use the alternate audio settings, hold down the ALT key while double clicking on a file or clicking on the Player buttons.|
Note: Some of these options will only affect the playback of an Audio CD if you have "Use Digital Playback" selected under Tools > Options > CD. Some CD drives do not recognize digital playback. If you have a problem playing Audio CDs, try disabling this option.
Changes to many of the playback settings will not take effect until playback comes to a complete stop and is then restarted.
- General: Windowed mode ‘Always on Top’ keeps the focus on Media Center at all times even when other programs are running.
- Control Bars. Set the behavior of the bars that appear when in windowed mode (always show, auto-hide, and auto-hide (resize display)).
- Full Screen. Select the Monitor (if there are multiples) and set the resolution for each one.
Image Playback Settings
This opens the Image Playback Configuration menu, where you can select from the following options:
- Stretch or scale images to fit the display.
- Set the time interval between images.
- Set the slideshow to start automatically and set the duration of images.
- Configure the caption that appears over an image when it is displayed
- Select from a variety of transitions.
- View effects, including black & white and sepia.
- Disable transitions on manual image changes.
VIDEO PLAYBACK SETTINGS
- further information: DirectShow Playback Guide: Advanced DirectShow Configuration in MC12
Enable or Disable Windows Media Player as the video playback engine. If you playback licensed WMV content, you should enable this.
DVD PLAYBACK SETTINGS
You must have DVD decoding software installed on your system. Most DVD drives come with it. The video and audio decoder properties buttons display a dialog box that is custom for whatever DVD decoding software is installed on the system. Two of the most popular DVD players that come with decoder software are "Power DVD" and "WinDVD".
- Video and Audio Decoder Properties: The settings displayed will depend on the decoding software installed. Settings may include: color balance, de-interlacing settings, sound output and sound card selection if multiple cards are detected.
- DVD Audio/Video Decoding Filters Selection. By default the system chooses the filters automatically. But you can manually set Video and/or Audio filters by checking “Let me choose filters manually” and then selecting from the drop-down list of available filters. This is for advanced users.
- TV Tuner Settings. See TV Configuration.
- Reset TV Settings. Select to restore the settings to defaults.