(Introduced in 17.0.103, but without a user interface)
When it's done, this will do several things. You'll be able to:
1. Divide a music track into several parts/particles.
2. Divide a video concert into individual songs.
3. Divide an audiobook into segments.
4. Divide a DVD or Blu-ray disc of TV shows into single episodes. This works now for DVD.
5. Trim beginning and end of recorded TV Shows.
There may be more possibilities we've not thought about yet.
Instructions (as of 17.0.103)
1. Right click on a file, choose Stacks/Advanced/Particles. This creates a phantom copy of the track that can be tagged. A "pfile" in jgreen speak.
2. Select the new pfile and edit the tag.
3. Edit Playback Range, for example. Set a beginning and ending time. "1:33-1:45", for example.
When you play this new pfile, you will get only the segment you've set.
From the build thread:
2. Changed: Stack members are allowed to have discrete Playback Info, Playback Range, and Bookmark values. 3. Experimental: It's possible to create a particle of a file that plays a certain title, subtitles, aspect ratio, playback range etc. (Stacks > Advanced > Create Particle...). 4. Experimental: Added Stacks > Advanced > Auto Create DVD Title Particles to create a particle for each title on a DVD (so individual titles are playable).