Navigate the Content Pane
- Merge Suggested: This is a stub article related to Content Panel. It should be expanded or merged into its parent article. You can help the JRiver Wiki by updating it.
Navigating the content pane is easy and flexible. You always have a choice of how you want to manipulate your files. You can use hot-keys, pop-up menus, or drag and drop.
Select Multiple Files
To easily select all files in the content view, right click and choose "Select All" or press Ctrl-A. You can also select multiple items in the following ways:
- Click on items while holding down the Ctrl key to add items to the selection one at a time.
- Click on items while holding down the Shift key to select a range of items.
- Click on a previously selected item to unselect it.
- Click on an empty space in the Name field and drag the mouse over the files you want to select.
Right Click Pop-Up Menus
Select one or more items and right click to open a context-sensitive pop-up menu which provides a convenient list of actions to facilitate tasks.
Drag and Drop
You can drag and drop your files from the content pane to almost anywhere, including the tree, into a Playlist, Playing Now, Devices and the Action Window. You also drag and drop a file right onto the Player to have that song play immediately.
You aren't limited to dragging and dropping from just within the application. You can go to your music directory using Explorer, and drag files from there onto the Player to play the file. Or, you can first expand an item in the tree (Artist/Album for example), and then drag a file from Explorer directly in the content pane. This procedure automatically updates the tags according to the expanded items in the tree.
For example, if you expand the Artist/Album folder, and select 10,000 Maniacs/Unplugged, dragging a file from explorer into the content pane will automatically update the artist for that file to 10,000 Maniacs, and the album field to Unplugged.