Media Center Manual Beta
All Media--One Interface
Media Center turns your PC into a complete digital entertainment center.
- Media Center connects your PC to a stereo, TV, home theater, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, portable music players and UPnP player devices.
- Use Media Center for ripping and playing music, burning cds, listening to Podcasts, copying music onto a portable device and organizing your music collection using a multitude of organization fields. If you can’t find the field you need, create your own custom field.
- Encode and play all popular media formats.
- Play Web radio, TV, DVDs, Podcasts, video files and show digital images on your PC.
- Powerful utilities include three different servers for streaming music and images to remote PCs and standalone networked players.
Media Center has more advanced features than any other application for superior customization and control of a media collection.
Please visit http://www.jriver.com/ for more information about J River and Media Center.
- 1 Media Center Controls
- 2 Controlling Media Center
- 3 Media Files
- 4 External Content
- 5 Playlists, Smartlists and Playlist Groups
- 6 View Schemes
- 7 Database Expressions
- 8 Drives & Devices
- 9 Plug-ins
- 10 Sharing Plug-ins
- 11 Services
- 12 YADB
- 13 Additional Programs
- 14 Operating Systems
- 15 Hardware
- 16 Network
Media Center Controls
- Screen Parts
- Organization Tree
- Menu Bar
- Search Bar
- Lower Tool Bar
- Status Bar
- Navigation (Getting Around)
- Action Window
- View Modes & Skins
- Access Control
- Startup Settings
- Options (Tools->Options)
- Media Center in Different Languages
Controlling Media Center
This section covers other (besides the screen, mouse and keyboard) methods of controlling Media Center
covers what files Media Center handles, and how it stores them in a library.
- Audio Files
- Image Files
- Video Files
- Other files
- File Properties (tags)
- Move, Copy, Delete, Upload or Mail Files
- Licensed Files (Windows Media Manager)
Playing content from the Internet
Playlists, Smartlists and Playlist Groups
Play your content in the order you want.
- Playlists - Arrange content in a fixed order.
- Smartlists - Arrange content according to rules, including random ordering.
- Playlist Groups - Organize your Playlists.
View your media any way you want
Use Excel-style functions for use in view schemes, searches, and displayed columns
Drives & Devices
provides quick access to your CD-R, CD-R/RW, DVD, Handhelds, "My Computer" and the TV Tuner.
- CDs and DVDs
- Handheld and Portable Devices like MP3 players or IPODs.
- TV Tuner lets you watch TV, pause it and record your favorite show.
- My Computer device lets you browse through your computer's hard disks, mapped network drives, and network places. It's handy if you want to play a file without importing it.
- Digital Cameras
Customize Media Center in many different ways.
Share your digital content with other computers, TiVos and Media Receivers.
Online stores where you can purchase digital content.
Lookup CD or track information online.