All Media--One Interface
Media Center turns your PC into a complete digital entertainment center.
- Media Center connects your PC to a stereo, TV, home theater, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, portable music players and UPnP player devices.
- Use Media Center for ripping and playing music, burning cds, listening to Podcasts, copying music onto a portable device and organizing your music collection using a multitude of organization fields. If you can’t find the field you need, create your own custom field.
- Encode and play all popular media formats.
- Play Web radio, TV, DVDs, Podcasts, video files and show digital images on your PC.
- Powerful utilities include three different servers for streaming music and images to remote PC's and standalone networked players.
Media Center has more advanced features than any other application for superior customization and control of a media collection.
Please visit http://www.jrmediacenter.com/ for more information about J River and Media Center.
Table Of Contents
- Media Center Controls
- Screen Parts
- Organization Tree
- Menu Bar
- Media Mode Buttons
- Search Bar
- Lower Tool Bar
- Status Bar
- Navigation (Getting Around)
- Action Window
- View Modes & Skins
- View Settings (thumbnails/details/split views etc., favorites, playback view options)
- Access Control
- Startup Settings
- Remote Control
- Options (Tools->Options)
- Media Center in Different Languages
- Controlling Media Center
- File Associations
- Shell Integration
- Media Scheduler
- Media Files
- External Content - Playing content from the Internet
- Playlists, Smartlists and Playlist Groups - Play your content in the order you want.
- Drives & Devices - Your handheld devices (including Ipod), TV Tuner, My Computer and CD/DVD drives.
- Plug-ins - Customize Media Center in many different ways.
- Sharing Plug-ins - Share your digital content with other computers, TiVos and Media Receivers.
- Services - Online stores where you can purchase digital content.
- YADB - Lookup CD or track information online.
- Additional Programs - Various helper programs, such as Media Editor or Media Server.