Template:NotForMC18 From Windows Explorer
- Select the file(s) you want to import using Windows Explorer.
- Right click and select Media Center > Import.
Note: If you don't see this option, a) the file type may not be associated with the program (see File Association Settings for details) or b) Shell Integration is not enabled (go to Tools > Options > General > Shell Options - Enable shell integration).
From within Media Center
- Go to Tools > Import Media.
- Select the drive and/or folder you want to search. The default search will search "All Local Drives" for the supported file types. To search a specific local drive, select it in the drop down menu next to the search field.
- To search a specific folder or a network drive, select the Add Folder button, and then select Browse to select a specific folder.
- To search for files types other than the basic ones, select the "Advanced" tab and check the file types you want to include in the search. Tip: The advanced tab displays three icons over the file type box. In order from left to right, they are: select all types, unselect all types, and select default types.
- Click on Start Search.
By default, searches ignore audio files with less than 10 seconds duration and images smaller than 32 pixels by 32 pixels (thumbnails) and include a search in subdirectories. To disable these features, select Advanced and uncheck the appropriate setting under the file type box.