Handheld and Portable Devices
Media Center supports any device that is WMDM compatible and any device that appears to your PC as a removable or fixed drive.
Using a PC as a device
If your files are on a network drive, you can make a local copy of them, with transcoding to MP3 or a different format if needed, so that you can still have music when the network drive is disconnected.
- Create a playlist or smartlist containing the files you want to have locally.
- Under Device Management choose Add Device
- Choose a name and a folder and click OK.
- Choose a playlist (or playlists) to sync to the device, and set the device options desired for your device
- Under Drives and Devices, right click on your device and choose Sync Now
Media Center offers excellent support for Apple's iPod. Media Center reads and write the iTunes database used by the iPod.
The following links to threads on the Interact forum containing iPod-related information
- Compilation on the iPod. Enables compilation on the iPod.
- DEAD LINK...
Larry's iPod Setup Guide. This guide adds a view scheme to manage what songs should be synced to the iPod. Particularly useful if more the one iPod/mp3-player is associated with Media Center.
- BlueGlow's extensive start guide to Media Center and iPod. Including a Reference Section.
- PeterS' quick start instructions for the iPod and MC 11.1