- This article is a incomplete. It is missing detail about critical functions, or contains a number of red links. You can help the JRiver Wiki by expanding it.
The expression language is largely used to evaluate one file at a time. The grammar implies that something like Field(Artist) should get the Artist value for the current file being evaluated. Grouping Functions are a special class of functions that operate on a group of files, instead of on individual files. A simple example would be a function to count the number of artists in the current group.
Grouping Functions may only be used in relevant areas where Media Center displays groups of files (most notably in Categories and the Tag Action Window), and not to individual file listings (such as an expression column in a File Details View).
- Counts the members of a specified group (in a category or field).
GroupCount() can be used to count the members of a group of files.
- Globally counts the number of different Field 2 entries for files that share Field 1 with the current file.
|Description|| GroupCountQuery(field 1, Field 2)
|Examples|| [album artist (auto), 1] (GroupCountQuery(album artist /(auto/), album) albums)
GroupCountQuery(album artist /(auto/);Camera, album)
- Summarises the members of a specified group (in a category or field).
Smartly summarizes the members of a specified group (mode, mean, min, max, etc as is most logical for that grouping).
- Globally summarises the number of different Field entries for files that share a Match with the current file.
|Description|| GroupSummaryQuery(Match, Field, Mode)
Available mode values: