Use the Plug-In Manager to configure, download and delete a variety of plug-ins.
Open Plug-in Manager
Go to Tools > Plug-in Manager.
If there is a "+" sign to the left of the plug-in type on the tree view, then there are already downloaded plug-ins related to that type. You can select any of them, and configure their settings.
If there is not a "+" sign next to the plug-in type on the tree view, you have no plug-ins of that type. You can either download some, or add a plug-in you already have on your computer.
Plug-In Manager Commands
- Uninstall. Select the plug-in you wish to delete from the list and click the Uninstall button to remove it from the list. This will delete the plug-in from the disk.
- Add Plug-in. Find the plug-in you wish install and select 'OK'. The new plug-in will be added to the plug-in list on the left and will now be available for use by Media Center.
- Download. Click Download Plug-ins to visit the Media Center Plug-Ins website for the latest plug-ins. Click on the plug-in name to download and install.
Some Plug-ins are configurable. When you click on the Plug-in in the tree, if you see a Configure button in the right pane, and it isn't grayed out, then you can configure some of that plug-in's settings.
If you select the MP3 plug-in (under "Input") and click on the Configure button, you will see the following configurable settings:
- Tag Saving. In these two fields you choose to create, save, ignore or remove ID3v1 and/or ID3v2 tags.
- Tag Analysis. If you check "Ignore ID3v2 tag during analysis", then ID2v2 tags will not be read when importing files that include them. While this may speed up the import process, it will also limit the information retrieved from the file. See Work with ID3 tags for more information.